• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it ever a good idea to do more than one multishine rep?

Lizzi

Smash Rookie
Just wondering, because I always practice tech skill with the mindset that it's better to do something well twice, then poorly three times.
When it comes to multishining, is it ever necessary to do more than two shines? For example, triple shine grab.
I can't seem to think of a situation, except maybe mind gaming someone.

King Mob

Smash Cadet
So, first of all. Don't really worry about multishine right now. Work on your fundamentals. And in terms of shield pressure, that means incorporating shine grab and getting comfortable with reading rolls.
To answer your question, though. In my opinion, multishining is like chaingrabbing, know how many you are actually comfortable doing (and remember it's a one frame link, so probably not many), and make that your limit. Also, keep in mind that multishine's real practicality is more as a threat than a punish on its own. I don't really use it cause I'm just random spacie 3000, so I'm speaking from really theoretical understanding here. It just cuts off a lot of options which means you can more easily guess at what they'll do. And I think it covers all of their bufferred options, so they actually have to guess what you are going to do, making it harder for them to make the right decision.

Top Bottom