• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is HD good for Melee?

Is HD good for Melee?

• Total voters

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
Recently, I watched a video and considered purchasing hdmi cables for the GameCube. If you want to see it for yourself I'll put the video in the post.

I want to play games in HD because they will obviously look better. But then I thought about Melee. Even though the majority of games that I will play will take time, away from it, I still want to play Melee. When I here a top player talk about this, they usually say that they want the oldest CRT available so that they get the most precise inputs.

So I wanted to know your thoughts on it, and if it was worth it at all.

Altanic

Smash Apprentice
I would say so. I run a Wii HDMI adapter through my 21" Insignia LCD TV and it works beautifully. It's not a Smart TV either, so it has very minimal post-processing which also have the option to be disabled, which I of course do. Before I got my adapter I would run the standard composite cables on it (for some reason it does not support component), and even then the lag was very minimal, possible 2 frames or so. I can even run my PS1 composite on it with no issues and great responsiveness.

But with that said, using the adapter I've never had any issues transferring to a CRT, so I would say it's safe.

Top Bottom