• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Dash Dancing Effective?

Big Burn

Smash Lord
Hey i have been trying to decide lately if its a good strat to dash dance with mario or doc..... i say this because i do it sometimes and try to grab or do a short hop aerial out of my dash dancing.... but more often than not it proves to be ineffecive since mario is not a fast runner and if his grab range is ****...... so my question is do think its effective to even attempt dash dancing with mario......

Happosai

Smash Journeyman
you should do both, dashdancing is mostly used for mindgames so your opponent doesnt know whedn to strike you or when you are going to strike him

bolaseal

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, there's also wavedancing or whatever it's called, where you wavedash back and forth like a dashdance.

stuntcuum3571

Smash Ace
yeah, he knows all that guys. I suggest you stick to WDing, not to say "never DD"it is just less effective. DD, honestly is only really effective with a few characters(Falcon, Marth, maybe Fox, Falco) usually the characters with faster running speed. And just use what works best in your certain situation, nothing is more dangerous than flexibility

Big Burn

Smash Lord
yeah i i do wave dash a lot.... and even though i pretty much realize that dash dancing isnt that effective with mario i wish i could do it because its just so cool.... its annoying to see my marth friend do it all the time... it makes me jealous of there running speeds..... o well mario is the man still

meepxzero

Smash Master
dash dance is effective with mario to change up from wave dashing a lot. Like you can use it to dash at them then dash away so they can try and dash after you because ur running then short hop back kick them. Or just jump in with aerials.

Fasting

Banned via Administration
personally, i use DD rather often with mario, just dont do it very long at all. simply use it to vary up the time of your attack, so they never know what is coming at them. and for this reason i also suggest using the dash attack. just make sure you know who your using it on, because its not gonna work well against long ranged opponents.

uair works well too for combo starter off of a DD.

This isnt to say DD is better than WD, i use WD a lot too, but dont count out DD by any means.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
yeah i think that i will incorpate a minor amount of dd with mario.... it does seem to be effective at times.... but most of the time i will stick with the wavedash

VilNess

Smash Champion
here´s one trick:
dashdance to pivot Dsmash.
this is cool because if you run away from your opponent you´ll instantly dsmash them because you´ll turn facing towards them.
likewise if you dash towards your enemy and pivot dsmash you´ll hit them with the later part (best with luigi but works with marios too) and mess up their timing bad.

Fasting

Banned via Administration
well its efective,

wd back --> fsmash = perfection when done right

Geo

Smash Ace
I play Falcon almost exclusively so DDing is natural to me by now. I like to play Doc every now and then and I found myself DDing away from attacks and coming back with a grab.

Even though Docs DD isn't as big as Falcons you can still run away from a shffl then run back in and punish it.

DDing isn't all about attacking unsuspectedly, it's a crucial part to some characters defensive game.

Blind

Honorbound
It helps to follow somebody's tech with the DD, simply because it allows you more flexibility and reaction time; this way you can grab somebody straight out of a techroll and continue combos. It's not as helpful just in the middle of combat, although since it does allow you to instantly jump into a flying attack or jc'ed grab you can use it to put your opponent on his guard for a brief moment.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
come on man you cant NOT Dash Dance with Mario

Its very important AND very effectiv anyway its easier if you cant Wave dash that good....or that fast...

Actually i do both and thats even more Confusing...just do both....with Mario i mean

I dont play Doc so i dont know

Big Burn

Smash Lord
Yes I did a good job didn't I. Reviving old threads that are irrelevant to the current meta game could be top tier... don't you agree dyc?

TrueJamo

Smash Apprentice
Wtf are you talking about? You revived a two year old thread to tell someone who probably doesn't care about the game/play mario/need the input anymore just to say (DDing ftw el oh el)

Top Bottom