• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is crouch canceling back?

W¡ndy

Smash Cadet
Or did I just glitch the game.

I was playing the demo and I was link, the level 9 computer was link. It was on omega final destination.

The round went to sudden death, and the computer hit me with links Dair. As soon as it hit me, I think I hit down, as I was attempting to pull out a bomb but never hit B because I realized I was about to die.

So, I ended up hitting down right as I was hit and tried to dodge at the same time, resulting in seeing the red lightning of a strong knockback, taking damage, and me teching away.

Did I crouch cancel into a tech, or did I just smash DI into the ground and then tech?

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
There was crouch cancelling in Brawl, but it just reduce knockback not damage. And it is in Smash 4 as well, also there is a new way to DI called vectoring, you can read all about it in the front page.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
You can tech meteor smashes that hit you on-stage in Smash 4. I'm pretty sure that's what you did.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
As Lobster said you likely just teched the landing. From what I've heard crouch cancelling is gone.

Top Bottom