• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Brawl's Hipe still there?

Sage07

Smash Apprentice
Everyone knows the whole story of Brawl and the hipe that followed it, but the question im raising is, is Brawl in your region still at the hipe it was before it's release, if either yes or no what do you think caused it?? Brawl indeed brought something new to the ring and therefore shouldn't be a problem to keep people entertained for a descent amount of time.Unlike Halo, but we don't won't to start the whole apples and oranges again...

Just A Gamer

Smash Cadet
around my area, we like both. Melee during lunch, brawl later. ^_^

Regardless, hype probably isn't the word, but it still holds a special place in our hearts. (notices sage's avatar: no pun intended.)

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Yes, pretty popular here in Jersey. I tell friends that I've been slacking off in school because of Brawl and they go, "I heard that game was awesome. Let me play some time."

Yup...

Sir_Psycho

Smash Apprentice
Down here in Texas I've already been to 2 tourneys and my friends and I try to play about two or three times a week. Also, I hear a lot more people talking about Brawl then I ever heard talking about Melee.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Well... Pretty much, actually. Heck when I first got it, I was shaking more than a skyscraper in an earthquake from excitement.

I still have a BOATLOAD of fun with it, even after nearly relentless play for a month straight. Is that possible?!

Fuego

Smash Cadet
In my area, Brawl is being embraced by the casual community, but the competitive Melee and Smash 64 players are still sticking with their respective games after playing Brawl for a while.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
actually the smash scene is dying here... completely. The downfall of Brawl's competitive side ruined melee's.

orintemple

Smash Lord
It isn't as big a deal to play it like it was before its release but it is played more than anything else around here.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
actually the smash scene is dying here... completely. The downfall of Brawl's competitive side ruined melee's.
Did your players forget how to plug in a game cube? Orlando Fl here, brawl is a yes espically since its still new. Melee still is running.

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
The hype was really all over the fact that it was a new smash, but when it became reality that it wasn't the smash we came to know and chances are it wouldn't be (if it does) for a while so that completely killed it...

Psychoace

Smash Champion
It has increased a lot around here. Their was an actual tournament held near my area that I could actually go to without planning in advance for it, that was worth while to go to. It was at one of our movie theaters and I got first, which won me 100 bucks. I'd rather see a bigger melee crowd but I know the people that play it so its all good.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
here too. seems like brawl did what its suppoe to do. get all the noobs scrubs and pros to play one game and sakurai is in the background feeling praud, that idiot.

pple arnt going insane for it but still its new, fun great game. god this game had so much potential...

like 2x the trouphies, 700 stickers, 35 chars. full 8 hour story mode new events. online

R i p

Smash Cadet
A lot of Brawl's hype wasn't really hype for its gameplay, but for which characters will appear. What I mean to say: a lot of people didn't really care about the game beyond characters. True fans of Smash had a lot of other things to be excited about. I'd say a lot was delivered.

Sage07

Smash Apprentice
Ok for all you people for the 1 word i happen to spell incorrectly offend, i apologize for such a dramatic thing to do....~.~ i know (hype) is spelled with a (Y) when i went to hit edit i accidentally hit post. Then come to realize i had spelled all of them with an (I) O.o

stillsickwithit

Smash Rookie
over here in stamford, ct alot of people like brawl....usually the people that don't know anything about advance techniques in melee like brawl.....personally i played brawl for a week and the hype had died completely and so for any other person i know that never really played melee still plays brawl

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
I am not sure if the hype is still going on where I live. All I know is that the hype is still w/ me. The other day ago I recieved a notice from Brawl saying, "You have played 1,000 Brawl Matches. Wow, you are really dedicated." I was lauging b/c it took me about 7 years to get 1,000 Melee Matches. It was about 2 months until Brawl was released when I finally got the Food Trophy in Melee.

JusticeWillPrevail

Smash Cadet
Yes there is still a lot of hype by me for Brawl, and I wouldn't say I am as hyped as I was just since I actually have the game, but sometimes that feeling comes back when I really wanna play. Oh and seriously people, who gives a **** that he spelled a word wrong. Does it really piss you off that much that he spelled it wrong, and do you really think he cares when you tell him he spelled it wrong.

Subach

Smash Apprentice
It's still a hell of a lot of fun, yes.
The basic fighting system isn't quite as cool, but it's nice in a "back to basics" sort of way.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Basics are what make smash the money-making wonder it is.
It's not your standard lifebarred, quarter-circled, why-can't-I-do-this-one-move game.
This.......is...........SMAAAAAAAAAAAASH!

In all honesty, I think that it was a good idea.
To make some of the good people on the same level as the noobs.
Plus, they made the computers harder.
I like that.
And, even though there is a small "MAANNNN, +|-|1$ $|_|(|<$. 1 |_1|<3
/\/\3|_33 |33++3r. (this sucks, I like melee better.)" community, Brawl has teh rave.
I'm still in awe that my dad bought smash for me.
He doesn't like the game very much, but we play ever so often, and have fun.
He mains Luigi, so I take care not to choose Ike or any other SUPER powerful character.
Lucario is fun, I main him and Lucas and Ike and *continues run-on sentence*...
But really, Brawl is good.

Top Bottom