• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is brawl too defensive?

Frost_Bite

Smash Cadet
hi, im kinda new here

i know ppl have dicussed this alot, but i still think Brawl came out to be a very defensive game, it has no place for the players, like me, who are completely offensive.

My question is that how many ppl think that brawl is too defesive and is there any way that an offensive player can win? if so, could you pls tell me how to(using Marth or Ike hopefully)?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Learn to defend yourself... Marth is only a great option when you can play both styles otherwise you won't be able to utilize his ability to "control the battle's tempo."

If your going to play pure offensive, play Metaknight. But even then learn to defend yourself.

icicleblade

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't say Brawl is completely defensive. There's no such thing as defense without offense, right? And if you're using Ike against someone with projectiles, you'll need to learn how to defend against those.

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
I'd say it depends on who'se playing. One of my friends plays very defnsively. While I need to learn to play more defensively. I love to rush and dish out as much damage as possible with little regard to my own damage. I dodge a lot, but mostly to get around my opponent to attack, rather than to avoid attacks. I rarely ever shield also. I know how to power shield well, but it just doesnt fit my play style.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
There are already topics covering this, but I'll answer anyway:chuckle:

I think that Brawl is more defensive than Melee, obviously, but it's not too defensive to scare people away from playing it competitively.

RoboticTuna

Smash Cadet
As mentioned, there are characters that tend more towards offensiveness; I'd say ZSS is one as well, personally. Try them.

Especially Meta Knight, I doubt they'd be able to shield all of his A attacks without breaking it.

Bud

Smash Journeyman
fast brawl makes the offensive playing dominant because all the dodge timing is much harder to pull off. Try playing fast brawl, it is much better than the slower version aka "slow brawl".

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
depends on my opponent, I'm unreasonably defensive against snakes and metaknights...

Against some characters though (Mostly lower tier/characters with bad range/too short to get PK fire'd to death) Then I just rush 'em, especially if I know I have the aerial advantage.

Frost_Bite

Smash Cadet
ok thx for the advices, and i did not think this tread made thru since i couldnt see it come up for.. an hour in my comp
and i dont like flying characters....... i dont think they can fastfall

Top Bottom