• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Is anyone else noticing much longer load times when you start the game?

monkokaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
monkokaio
3DS FC
4468-1090-0122
Since downloading the new patch when I turn the Wii U on and start the game, it stays on a black screen for a long time before the press start screen shows up.

With all the issues that have popped up with this game, and the Wii U it's making me worried.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Yeah WiiU version does take longer, they might need to get a WiiU system update out there to patch that up if possible.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
It actually feels shorter for me. It's probably placebo though. =/

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
i wouldn't be surprised if it was all to make the opening cinematic load smoother

cuz it does

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Haven't noticed it myself, nah. And load times for everything else seem pretty much the same.

Tewks

Smash Rookie
Definitely, but I don't think it's too bad. I have noticed some frame drops on the 3ds version, usually on Mewtwo's victory screen.

Last edited:

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
Now that this patch has included DLC support, the extra time might be the game detecting what DLC items you have/don't have. Other games sometime put this as a 'visual step' on a loading screen. Smash might do it at the black screen.

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
You're not the only one. The time I started the game up after the update, it stayed on the black screen for about a minute. Thankfully it doesn't last long, but it is pretty annoying.

Hopefully Nintendo will work on a patch to fix it.

sgib64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sgib64
Same on 3ds. The accessing the sd card message shows up two times instead of one now,

Top Bottom