• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is anyone else interested in pay to download costume and map DLC?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I am definitely more interested in stage DLC than character DLC at this point, but I'd get both definitely. As for music, it should be packed with the stage.

That would be cool if they made a "dixie kong" skin for diddy like they have a female skin for robin.
Unfortunately it's kind of impossible. For one, Dixie plays nothing like Diddy and she has no tail, making Diddy's tail attack moves very impractical on the Dixie skin. I think she should be a DLC character, she has potential that shouldn't be wasted on costumes IMO!

Last edited:

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
If the content doesn't change the game, it just has no value.
Kinda makes you wonder why anyone would buy a skin in League, or main menu skins for their 3DS.
But then you don't wonder anymore, because you realize that more enjoyment can be derived from a thing just by changing a superficial aspect of it.
Shall I give you another example?

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
There is probably a "right way" to price and organize DLC for smash bros but even if it was crazy expensive and unfair I dont think I could hold myself back.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I was actually surprised that they never went the extra mile and gave characters costume-changing elements as well.

I mean, there's TONS of potential there...
Not to mention There is no denying Nintendo got some inspiration from project M witch has tons of costume re- skins...

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
Unfortunately it's kind of impossible. For one, Dixie plays nothing like Diddy and she has no tail, making Diddy's tail attack moves very impractical on the Dixie skin. I think she should be a DLC character, she has potential that shouldn't be wasted on costumes IMO!
To hear Sakurai's reasoning for making Dark Pit a separate character and just not a skin to Pit, makes your points double'y so. Dixie as a skin is most likely not going to happen for Smash 4.

Last edited:

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
I was actually surprised that they never went the extra mile and gave characters costume-changing elements as well.

I mean, there's TONS of potential there...

Love this idea, I also like the idea of a Dixie Kong model for Diddy. Though the DK franchise needs another representative, Dixie would definitely fill that position IMO.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I would even pay for a proper costume of Daisy for Peach... scratch that. I would ESPECIALLY pay for a proper costume of Daisy for Peach.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
I would probably buy any DLC for this game. Even additional music packs. I'm really hoping for DLC stages, because even if we don't get any new downloadable characters, bringing in new stages would make the game feel fresh to me. I could see them bringing back some of the stages that were cut for characters with fewer reps, and putting in the music that was cut to fit the new stages. If they brought back Fourside, they'd most likely bring back it's theme, as well as "You Call This a Utopia?", and likely some original tracks with it. Fountain of Dreams could return, and I'd love to see more retro stages considering the music we lost from previous installments.

Heck, they can even come up with brand new stages, that are more relevant to current titles. I could see a Hoenn themed stage, or a Rainbow Curse based one. Lots of potential.

_gold_

Smash Master
Smash Bros. is one of my favorite game series, so yeah, I would buy any DLC at any price. Unfortunately, other than Mewtwo, there may never will be DLC.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I think it all depends on how interested I am in the product, aswell as the price.
But I figure that's probably most peoples reasoning.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
But the koopakids were one character with different names, as well as Olimar and Alph
Doesn't Olimar and Alph play similarly in the Pikmin games? I've only played the Pikmin 3 demo as of now, and you're right if I'm wrong, but I've understood it as they use the same mechanics and therefore making Alph a costume to Olimar isn't a weird choice.

You're not wrong that the Koopa Kids all have one/two differentiating features / mechanics between each other in their individual boss-fights (only thinking of their SMB3 / SMW and M&L:SS appearances), but I dunno, I don't think they're individually fleshed out enough in their appearances to warrant splitting them into 7 (!) different characters. You could argue for just including one of the Koopa Kids as a playable, but part of their characteristic is that they're always together holding it down (I can't think of any time where one of the Kids makes an appearance and you don't see the rest of the gang in the same game) .

Making the kids all costumes to Bowser JR. makes sense to me, considering that they'd probably not be playable otherwise. Feel free to disagree. Roy is a cool dude. :4roy:

Last edited:

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
i think it's pretty much confirmed that nintendos will release some features when some of their new big games comes out. i mean like we can definitely expect some new costumes for zelda chars when zelda wii u launches that's for sure

Bert HM

Smash Cadet
I would even pay for a proper costume of Daisy for Peach... scratch that. I would ESPECIALLY pay for a proper costume of Daisy for Peach.
Me too, I'm kinda miffed they didn't add her when they went to the effort of adding all those ugly koopalings; daisy seems more the one to be in a fighting game than peach anyway.
With a different model, voice, and some visual effects (e.g replacing hearts with petals/flowers, different toad; side smashes), it would almost feel like a new character (more than dark pit that's for sure).
also, a "Hi I'm daisy!" taunt would just be the best thing ever.

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Yes I would love more character dlc as well as stage dlcs. With skins and music, it really has to do with the price. But honestly at this point I think Mewtwo is going to be the only dlc we'll get. Would love to be wrong!

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Kinda makes you wonder why anyone would buy a skin in League, or main menu skins for their 3DS.
But then you don't wonder anymore, because you realize that more enjoyment can be derived from a thing just by changing a superficial aspect of it.
Shall I give you another example?
skin packs in Injustice
skin packs in Smite
skin packs in Mortal Kombat 9
You prove a solid point, all of it is there for the people who really wants them. If they dont want them thats fine too, doesnt change the game.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I'm a little hesitent on paying for DLC (Considering I played games that were released half baked and the other half came in the form of $60 worth of DLC)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If there really is gonna be more DLC coming after Mewtwo, I would definitely pay for any stages and characters (hoping for :snake:and :wolf:but who knows).

KopAlex

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kopalex
Yes. Would really love those different models for Samus's suits. And a bunch of other people of course.

Galacta Knight

Smash Rookie
Yes to everything. More content is never a bad thing, as long as it's a voluntary download.

The MK8 stages were fun.

Top Bottom