• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is anyone else dash attacking way to much?

Terramorphic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3625-8838-7933
I'm finding that my number one flaw is that I'm dash attacking way to much, and I'm not sure how to get in range for a punish, and NOT dash attack. As a sheik player, I'd much rather forward tilt than dash attack, but I can't seem to not dash attack.

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
You have to wait until the running animation comes to a stop and your character is in their idle post, otherwise it'll do a dash attack even if your no longer touching the Circle Pad. Just tested in the All Star rest room, though I may be pressing A too soon

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
I'm finding that my number one flaw is that I'm dash attacking way to much, and I'm not sure how to get in range for a punish, and NOT dash attack. As a sheik player, I'd much rather forward tilt than dash attack, but I can't seem to not dash attack.
Lean off the stick as you're getting there and either throw out a neutral A or roll to the tilt. As a Little Mac (with a bad rep already on the character) I got out of dashing a lot very quickly and usually dash into the jab instead or roll into the tilt

Jgod

Smash Cadet
You can dash into smashes tilts and jabs.
I don't dash a lot at all. Though I notice online literally every other attack is a dash from most opponents.

Last edited:

Terramorphic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3625-8838-7933
You can dash into smashes tilts and jabs.
I don't dash a lot at all. Though I notice online literally every other attack is a dash from most opponents.
so I should find other options for approaching then? more of a slow and steady was of approaching rather than dashing?

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Try to be a bit more patient and move the stick slowly. When you move, you should walk more often than dash because dashing is easily punishable.

Terramorphic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3625-8838-7933
Try to be a bit more patient and move the stick slowly. When you move, you should walk more often than dash because dashing is easily punishable.
Thanks, that would explain why I'm doing so poorly in for glory. I'm spacing poorly and dashing to much, thank you everyone.

redreflect

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-2415-2514
I find that I'm dashing too much too. I've had several matches where both the opponent and I would dash towards each other, do a dash attack, completely miss, then turn around and try it all over again with the same results.

D

Deleted member 245254

To be honest, the launch power on most dash attacks was so heavily buffed it's not surprising. It even sets up combos a lot of the time. It's free damage without danger of getting punished, if you can nail them all then I don't even see the issue with it. Your perception of its "lame-ness" imo would be made-up.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I find that I'm dashing too much too. I've had several matches where both the opponent and I would dash towards each other, do a dash attack, completely miss, then turn around and try it all over again with the same results.
This.

I can't help it, Pac-Man's dash attack is too awesome! WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
I've had the same problem too. But I'm slowly getting better and mixing it up between a dash, grab, delayed dash or a slow approach which usually just freaks them out when I'm playing as Mac.

Top Bottom