• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is a GC adapter worth my money?

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking into buying a Raphnet adapter that would let me play on the N64 using a Game Cube controller.
I haven't been able to find out how much input lag it causes and I'd like to know if it's worth my money.
If anyone here has used this adapter before I'd like to hear what you thought of it.
Thanks!

tehz

Smash Apprentice
There is definitely lag, because even I can feel it when I use my adapters. But, I don't know how much (maybe 2-3 frames?). Most people coming from Melee or whatever complain about the lack of the c-stick, though.

I think it's worth it, especially if you can catch the exchange rate on a good day.

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
There is definitely lag, because even I can feel it when I use my adapters. But, I don't know how much (maybe 2-3 frames?). Most people coming from Melee or whatever complain about the lack of the c-stick, though.

I think it's worth it, especially if you can catch the exchange rate on a good day.
I could probably put up with a few frames of lag, but it would be nice to know exactly how much lag there is. I played Melee for 9 years without using the C-stick, so not having access to it wouldn't really bother me.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
@ Amida64 Amida64 used one at apex too, right?

I haven't used the GC>N64 adapter but I've used other adapters from raphnet and they work well for me.
Yes, I used one at Apex, although it literally broke right before the tournament and I had to go through it without being able to shield :(

Which is the only bad thing I have found with the Raphnet adapter; you have to take good care of it because it is not the strongest thing in the world. One of my wires got pulled out, right before apex so I had to get another. I am taking good care of it and it has been working perfectly.

As far as lag goes, I have honestly not noticed any at all. If there is, it probably will not make much of a difference.

This adapter is so great tbh, and not with just smash. You can customize your controls, and save up to 4 different control schemes. However, every time you turn on the system you have to activate your custom controls.

Also, I am pretty sure you can reset your GC controller as usual :)

Top Bottom