• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ireland & Northern Ireland Thread!

bpjk27

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4012-4965-4738
Hey, so, whats the next Sm4sh tournament in Dublin? I want to enter my first tournament already. (And naturally win and beat everyone and then go on to win Evo and Apex and then wake up from my dream when I was in my match and the TV fell on me.)

If you didn't understand what was going on in that thing I just said, then congratulations, you inderstand it as well as me.
Next Dublin Sm4sh tournament is R2CT Dublin. It's on this Saturday at the XGC. Should start at 1pm.
The facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/781066138674070/

The signup page: http://rsie.challonge.com/tournaments/signup/8mMruXF2sE

EDIT: I'm too slow.

Last edited:

snook

Smash Apprentice
AWW YEEE HYPE
Kinda hope it doesnt last too long though, lots of entrants.

I dont wanna miss watching the finals, got a bus at 7 to catch

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yeah, hopefully we don't have a repeat of Galway's four hour wait for the finals. Last train out of Dublin leaves at 7 or 7.25, so I'd have to be leaving the venue a little after 6 (depends how long it takes to walk from there to Connolly station).

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
There are weeklies in the XGC now on Saturdays (presumably excluding this week). Other than that, the next one is probably Celtic Throwdown itself in September, I think

snook

Smash Apprentice
Leaning towards my old brawl main lately, may not show the falcon tomorrow. Really havent been feeling good with him lately. Havent touched them in a while so if I decide to choose 'em, hope I play on point.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Lol you wish, i main pit, sheiks only mildly troubling mu, imo
no I meant I'm gonna guess snook mains captain falcon because that's what he set his wiiu main as, also that's what i think his character is noted down on the ireland PR.

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
no I meant I'm gonna guess snook mains captain falcon because that's what he set his wiiu main as, also that's what i think his character is noted down on the ireland PR.
Oh sorry, what you think of pit sheik mu anyway?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Oh sorry, what you think of pit sheik mu anyway?
np haha

I think it's 55:45 (sheik's favour) or 50:50. Pit having multiple jumps means it's not easy for Sheik to punish landings the same way she does to any characters with 2 jumps only, and Pit has some cool combos he can do on Sheik with his dair and bair, in addition to Pit's side b and kill power in general being pretty cool. What makes it not cool for Pit though is that he has to rely on multiple jumps + DIing away to escape Fair chains. I also believe Pit > Dark Pit in this MU because Pit's side b is harder to DI and sends you straight up, and the arrows being better is good against her too.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Thanks to everyone who came to the Road to Celtic Throwdown: Dublin today! It was the biggest Smash 4 event in Ireland so far with a whopping 30 entrants. Top 5 was recorded and should hopefully go online soon.

Bracket: http://rsie.challonge.com/RTCTDublinSMASH
Results:
1. EOE
2. maXy
3. Skarfelt
4. S00N
5. Berra
=. Blue Persil
7. 1FrameLink
=. Half-X

Congrats to 1FrameLink and Half-X for making top 8 on their first time attending an (offline) tournament and, of course, congrats to EOE for winning yet another event. Be sure to check out the other events in the series leading up to the main event in September:
Belfast - https://www.facebook.com/events/983518511669172/?fref=ts
London - https://www.facebook.com/events/989895017754901/?fref=ts
Main Event - https://www.facebook.com/events/827279547320811/

And of course next weekend there's Breaking Boundaries next weekend with Smash 4 singles/doubles as well as Melee and Project M! It's looking to be even more stacked than this event was.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1572101863050570/?fref=ts

Good games to everyone =]

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
so how come so few of you are coming to heir2 in nottingham?! there are gonna be more swedish representatives (including armada and android) than there will be irish!!! what the hell, lads?

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
that sucks! would've been nice to have more irish lads come across! does anyone have a link to your pr? pretty sure i saw an image in smashuk but haven't been able to find it

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
Is Adam apls on smashboards? I'm the goddamn best pit :-P

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
~ANYONE BRINGING SETUPS OR GETTING HOUSING PLEASE READ~

Okay guys, there's not much more room for extra signups at Breaking Boundaries so if you know anyone who's wanting to go who still needs to sign up, remind them!

http://goo.gl/forms/IGX4sIVRh1

MUCH more importantly, the brilliant Akira BLUE is doing the best damn prize I've ever seen. Take a look below! The winner of each event will win a Fox... except Smash 4 doubles. Sorry about that! Besides, maXy and EOE will win anyway and maXy doesn't want a smelly Fox... and Mint/Way will win every other event for the rest of the Foxes =D

Anyone bringing setups, please message me with what you can possibly bring so we can prioritise. If I have like 15 Melee setups on the way but no Smash 4 setups, you're probably better off bringing a Wii U for the day rather than a Gamecube, y'know? I'd also like clarification on whether your setup is a Wii that can run both or one of each and so on.

Anyone staying with me - I've booked a taxibus to get back to mine after the event for 11:30pm. There'll be friendlies there all day and I'm sorry if you don't want to stay that long but I'm afraid I kind of have to stay 'till the end. We'll divide up how much it costs for everyone at the time but it shouldn't be any more than £5. Also, please please PLEASE bring sleeping bags! I got far more people staying with me than I expected - a good 14 or 15 - and I simply do not have that many beds. I can set up a tent outside and it'd probably help if some people could share beds. Again, we'll see on the day, but with sooo many people staying here, some compromises are going to have to be made.

I hope everything goes smoothly and everyone enjoys themselves =]

11779906_10203775249055203_6135592506905142315_o.jpg
11194545_10203775249935225_8779094015821482438_o.jpg
11707861_10203775249535215_8379562174145112891_o.jpg

Last edited:

snook

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap, must miraculously win now! Haven't signed up yet I'll do that now.

I actually want to partake in the smash4 doubles too but have no partner, is it possible to get one on the day and sign up for it then? Assuming I'm not the only guy not in a team that is.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Yup, quite a few people seem to have that going on. If you put down your name as interested in Doubles on the day, you can try d find a partner from the list. I'll put it up on the wall and if there's anyone you recognise, go find them I guess. I'll also do announcements to make sure everyone interested in entering gets a chance.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Breaking Boundaries
GET HYPE
Less than a week to go! Many unanswered questions will be resolved! Who will win Smash 4? Is Ike really OP? Will Mint drop a game? Is the south really THAT free?

(Disclaimer: I do not hold any responsibility for the south kicking our asses and then laughing at us.)

SIGNUPS: 38
ATMDaz
AZ
Adam Aplz
BananaSplit
Blue_Persil
Circuit
Craft
Diamond Zero
EOE
Half-X
Jontymademecome
Jorp
Lemmon
MCDMars
MagiMagi
MiKenyan
Mint
Mossy64
Moydow
PurpleDefault
PurpleToaster
Ragnarekt
RyanEvi
Sarcastits
Screenshot
SebastianPhoton
SiBi
Skarfelt
SparkleFloofieFoxy
Vel
Wax Hollow
Way
Zeruko
Zora
clr
koldof
maXy
toadee

MELEE: 25 (Starts at 18:00)
ATMDaz
AZ
Adam Aplz
BananaSplit
Blue_Persil
clr
Craft
DiamondZero
Jorp
Lemmon
maXy
MCDMars
MagiMagi
Mint
PurpleDefault
Ragnarekt
RyanEvi
Sarcastits
SebastianPhoton
SiBi
Skarfelt
Toadee
Vel
Way
Zeruko

PROJECT M: 27 (Starts at 14:00)
ATMDaz
AZ
Adam Aplz
Blue_Persil
clr
Craft
DiamondZero
Jontymademecome
Jorp
koldof
maXy
MCDMars
MagiMagi
MiKenyan
Mint
Moydow
PurpleDefault
PurpleToaster
Ragnarekt
RyanEvi
SebastianPhoton
SiBi
Skarfelt
Toadee
Vel
Way
Zeruko

SMASH 4 SINGLES: 27 (Starts at 18:00)
ATMDaz
Adam Aplz
Blue_Persil
Circuit
clr
Craft
DiamondZero
EOE
Half-X
koldof
Lemmon
MagiMagi
maXy
MiKenyan
Mint
Mossy64
Moydow
PurpleDefault
Ragnarekt
RyanEvi
S00N
Screenshot
SebastianPhoton
Skarfelt
Snook
Way
Zora

SMASH 4 DOUBLES: 7 teams (Starts at 13:30)
Adam Aplz and Craft
DiamondZero and PurpleDefault
maXy and EOE
MCDMars and ATMDaz
Mint and Way
Skarfelt and Toadee
Zora and Screenshot
...With more players needing a partner

ULTRA STREET FIGHTER 4: 12 (Starts at 14:00)
ATMDaz
BananaSplit
clr
Jontymademecome
maXy
MCDMars
MiKenyan
Sarcastits
Skarfelt
SparkleFloofieFoxy
Toadee
Wax Hollow

(This is the last Breaking Boundaries advertisement post. I swear. >.>)

Last edited:
Top Bottom