• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ireland & Northern Ireland Thread!

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Brawl was certainly competitive, but not as much as Melee, PM, 64, or (imo) Smash 4. Plus it's boring to watch.
And you can talk all you want about the mindgames, but Melee/PM et al have even more complex mindgames on account of both players having a ton more options.
Still, I'd like to see Brawl too, as a casual side event. It definitely has the best selection of hilariously BS stages, and a nice range of items. Plus tripping is great fun as long as there's nothing on the line.
Brawl is my favourite Smash game for casual play. None of the others really match up to its chaotic dumb****ery, though Sm4sh comes close with 8-player FFAs.

Last edited:

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Brawl was certainly competitive, but not as much as Melee, PM, 64, or (imo) Smash 4. Plus it's boring to watch.
And you can talk all you want about the mindgames, but Melee/PM et al have even more complex mindgames on account of both players having a ton more options.
Still, I'd like to see Brawl too, as a casual side event. It definitely has the best selection of hilariously BS stages, and a nice range of items. Plus tripping is great fun as long as there's nothing on the line.
Brawl is my favourite Smash game for casual play. None of the others really match up to its chaotic dumb****ery, though Sm4sh comes close with 8-player FFAs.
Brawl actually does have some very complex mindgames competitively. (Though I can't say if they are more or less than Melee's as I haven't played it.) Just ban Meta Knight and Brawl is really good competitivley.

Diamond Zero

Smash Cadet

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
The thing is about Brawl that yeah it has that complex mindgame stuff going on but so does every Smash game... just at a less noticeable rate. High level Melee is constant mixups and conditioning, it's just much harder to see due to its speed. Regarding Brawl at BB, it'd be doable if I can get more Wii consoles.

For anyone who's into it, Street Fighter 4 Ultra has been added to the Breaking Boundaries lineup as a main event =D

I'll try and give Newry centre stage for now, the Prof Pro confirmation is awesome and it's sooner anyway. Super hype for that =D

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
i know its late but anyone wana play smash 4?

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
More excited for Dreamland, five starters HYPE!
Nah I am suuuper excited for all the stuff today, just really disappointed that it got leaked. So much less exciting.

@ NoviceSmasher NoviceSmasher if you wanna get games with Irish folk, I recommend checking out FB or Skype.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashIreland/ FB
Add "Skarfelt" on Skype if you wanna join that.
We're not very active on this thread I'm afraid

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
More excited for Dreamland, five starters HYPE!
Nah I am suuuper excited for all the stuff today, just really disappointed that it got leaked. So much less exciting.

@ NoviceSmasher NoviceSmasher if you wanna get games with Irish folk, I recommend checking out FB or Skype.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashIreland/ FB
Add "Skarfelt" on Skype if you wanna join that.
We're not very active on this thread I'm afraid
lol you up to play?

snook

Smash Apprentice
I was actually up and practicing haha, should really look at this more often.

Also, determined to become the best ryu player *_*

Last edited:

Valentttine

Still learning but we getting there
I haven't advertised it much here on Smashboards so my b.
Here's the Smashboards page for it http://smashboards.com/threads/jul-18-2015-newry-hosts-super-smash-bros-newry.404311/
And here's the facebook page for it https://www.facebook.com/events/454487934710683/

Professor Pro is confirmed going :)
Me and at least one probably two mates are gonna head out to newry for this, dan has been posting on facebook about it and we're gonna try get a b&b to stay out the night afterwards, we were wondering what was the craic with drinking afterwards is anyone gonna be having a few drinks after? We're going to anyway even though we're noobs at melee compared to most but we'd like to have a few drinks and meet everyone and chat and talk gameplay and games and stuff

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
They were monthly you silly man. Not sure how often they'll be now I'm not doing them. Ask Ryan Grant of Stephen Clark on Facebook.
Could you give me links to their profiles there's probably 1000s of people with the same names on Facebook

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Hey guys, few things.

First of all, congrats to Blue_Persil for winning Road to Celtic Cork!!

Secondly, with my tourney Breaking Boundaries, the hotel need me to finalise numbers with them two weeks in advance. For this reason, I strongly recommend you sign up online. Don't worry about charges - I think there's been a misunderstanding with people thinking you need to pay me now, it's just an option. As long as you sign up online, you'll be able to pay cheaper - you also pay cheaper on the day, same as paying in advance.
http://goo.gl/forms/mnm4tNglxM

It's not quite as urgent but I'm sure Diamond would love it if anyone coming to Newry signed up online here: http://goo.gl/forms/ki3vHj5Vh7

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Hey guys, Dublin appear to be starting up weeklies for Melee/PM/Smash 4 in the XGC. Seems there'll be another one on Saturday. Had small brackets for all three games last time. I'll probably be heading down, hope to see more of you there =]

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Hey guys, Dublin appear to be starting up weeklies for Melee/PM/Smash 4 in the XGC. Seems there'll be another one on Saturday. Had small brackets for all three games last time. I'll probably be heading down, hope to see more of you there =]
Aw, yeah. I can finnaly enter tournaments then! I'll stilll be away for a bit, but depending on when I'm in Ireland, I may be able to come to one of those weeklys and take you all down. :awesome:

(Edit)

Oh, also, could you link to that tournament's forum/website/whatever they use to show it off online.

Last edited:

snook

Smash Apprentice
I'll try to make it for the next one, though no promises haha.

Would be nice to play with actual people once in a while so looking forward to it.

Valentttine

Can't wait should be there this weekend to try get some first event jitters out of the way before Belfast next week!

Valentttine

Valentttine

The Facebook page won't load for me..... wil just say that the page isn't availible......

:sadsheep:
Hmm maybe the event is set to private invite only by accident, he did invite 407 people and I got an invite despite having never been to an event so maybe he passed over your name by accident? Are you on the smash ireland facebook group?

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
It's only open to people in Smash Ireland I believe, asumed everyone here had joined:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashIreland/?fref=ts

Basically, opens at 12, closes at 23:15, 20 euro deposit that you get back to take a screen out and 2.50 euro an hour to stay in the place (although some people weren't charged last time apparently? idk). So yeah basically turn up and I'd imagine we'll start a bracket when there's enough people. Friendlies will be there throughout the whole day anyway. If you bring your setups everything goes smoother.

Top Bottom