• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Trent

Smash Champion
So the car I drove up to Naka kon this weekend fell into the median due to ice and such.

Was awesome.

I teched the snow though so no one got hurt and the car was unscratched. AAA got us out of it within the hour too.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Scary stuff, Trent @___@ good thing you're not too slow!

And ommgg, I'd love a good Digimon MMO.. I'll still prolly give it a try, even if it looks kinda disappointing... I hate when they're like "lol you can have multiple digimon. its just like pokeman guyz"

The best way for a Digimon MMO to be like is to have a somewhat customizable character option, and either a random generator or you answer some questions or something cheesy and it gives you a digimon based off that. It's gonna be hella fuggin lame if it's like 2 million Takatos or whatever running around with Guilmon and his forms.

On another note, Tyser, are you also cosplaying little Simon for a chance to meet a little Nia? >.> There was an adorable one at AI last year, she looked amazing for someone that's not really a.. 12 year old?

resTy

Smash Champion
Wait, you tech'd but someone had to get you out?
Wouldn't that mean you didn't tech?

Also, do you got pics of Nakacon?
I heard it was pretty legit.

@ Becca: If I meet a little Nia cosplayer who wants to hook up, that'd be friggin awesome.

Trent

Smash Champion
Naka was pretty fun. The people in charge of the game room insisted that Brawl+ be played at all times over Brawl so that was kind of gay. I got pwned by Nick ON CAMERA in the finals.

Oh yeah, uh, for setting the next date. March 6 = HOBO23 for me, and the weekend after is NOKOAST.

resTy

Smash Champion
Man, I was looking stuff up about the strongest anime character in existance.
When people don't say Anti-Spiral, it annoys the hell out of me.
There was a lot of Gokus and Hellsings.
TTGL won by the use of hacks so I don't consider it the strongest of all time.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Hellsing was effing beast but yeah Anti-Spiral was easily the most powerful I've seen. It's essentially...."god" Sooooo ridic

Goku isn't even close, he dies like 50 times.

Also, we should maybe put a poll for the march dates? JakeBudden brought up some good points minus the ones he can't make due to lifetime johnz.

resTy

Smash Champion
March 6th - I liked this date a week ago then discovered that everyone has plans this day. Now I say nay.
March 13th - Nebraska folk are going to SMYM and y'all are going to No Koast so this is a definite no.
March 20th and 27th - I'm not doing jack shit these two days plus it's a while away. This is probably best case. If I had to choose one of them exclusively though, March 27th.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Man, I was looking stuff up about the strongest anime character in existance.
When people don't say Anti-Spiral, it annoys the hell out of me.
There was a lot of Gokus and Hellsings.
TTGL won by the use of hacks so I don't consider it the strongest of all time.
Well Alucard is pretty fucking powerful seeing as he's immortal, can't be destroyed, can shapeshift, can absorb memories and hypnotize people.
Anti-Spiral is basically the god of that universe though so it's hard to argue on such things.

March 6th - I liked this date a week ago then discovered that everyone has plans this day. Now I say nay.
March 13th - Nebraska folk are going to SMYM and y'all are going to No Koast so this is a definite no.
March 20th and 27th - I'm not doing jack shit these two days plus it's a while away. This is probably best case. If I had to choose one of them exclusively though, March 27th.
I'm actually fairly sure we're not going to No Koast.
Also it will most likely be the 20th or 27th.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I might actually try to go to No Koast ^_^;

EDIT: This reason is because my parents said if they aren't busy, they'd lend me a car.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I absolutely won't be able to come on the 27th. The 20th is more likely, but still probably won't happen for me.

Trent

Smash Champion
BABY YOKER

Thanks for uploadin' the vids! Been craving them for a while.

Btw at Sherman's we should actually PLAY each other. When's the last time we've done that, last Iowa Bi-weekly?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
BABY YOKER

Thanks for uploadin' the vids! Been craving them for a while.

Btw at Sherman's we should actually PLAY each other. When's the last time we've done that, last Iowa Bi-weekly?
Yeah no prob I finally got around to them since there was space on the disk after the tourney since all I recorded was TvC and also I'm pretty sure we'll play at Sherman's >.0

Naw man this is where's at XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA_riXfN53g

Also it seems the 20th seems to work for most but it still being discuss.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Hellz yeah Joker. Thanks for all those vids. I'm hoping to regain some credibility on the Sheik boards now lol. I'm counting down the days till the next monthly. Even though I don't know when it is yet. I'm pumped to see you guys again.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Hellz yeah Joker. Thanks for all those vids. I'm hoping to regain some credibility on the Sheik boards now lol. I'm counting down the days till the next monthly. Even though I don't know when it is yet. I'm pumped to see you guys again.
you're that random guy who's always ****** with sheik :|

also, is the date for the next one confirmed for this yet? MN might come down again with more people, melee players included this time.

Trent

Smash Champion
I love how I scored a $25 gift card to Best Buy for getting 2nd at Nakakon, a free laser tag spot for getting 3rd at Nebraskon.

..Yet Anime Iowa gave me NOTHING for getting 1st.

Just throwing that out there.

LOLCONTOURNIES

resTy

Smash Champion
Con tournies and their awesome rules.
Imma host Anime Iowa's Brawl Tourney and make it stupid:
- 3 stock
- 5 minute timer
- All items set to OFF
- Only Smashville and Battlefield
- All matches will be best 1 out of 1 including Finals
- Single elimination
- In the result of a Sudden Death, both players will be eliminated. Stock and % are irrelevant.
- In the result of both players in Grand Finals getting eliminated, nobody will win the tournament.
- 1st place prize : a hand shake from Tyser Lyfoung.
- And lastly, Meta Knight only.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Ok, I'm not gonna come tonight now. The winds and drifting are going to deter me from making it into Des Moines. I may come tomorrow now instead, I'll keep u all updated.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
- In the result of a Sudden Death, both players will be eliminated. Stock and % are irrelevant.
- In the result of both players in Grand Finals getting eliminated, nobody will win the tournament.

You have my full support for these lol.
Ok, I'm not gonna come tonight now. The winds and drifting are going to deter me from making it into Des Moines. I may come tomorrow now instead, I'll keep u all updated.
You had best come here, i havnt seen your smiley face too often.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I would be able to make it tomorrow. Maybe, depends on what my chem practical entails on thursday.

Nevermind, I got like a billion things to do for school

§chizm

Smash Lord
Con tournies and their awesome rules.
Imma host Anime Iowa's Brawl Tourney and make it stupid:
- 3 stock
- 5 minute timer
- All items set to OFF
- Only Smashville and Battlefield
- All matches will be best 1 out of 1 including Finals
- Single elimination
- 1st place prize : a hand shake from Tyser Lyfoung.
- And lastly, Meta Knight only.
Would still be better than Nebraskon lol.
lol wut.
People only come down when I'm working wtfff.

Top Bottom