• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Soran

Smash Ace
Godzilla putting on goggs sigs are sick.

can I say that? 'goggs sigs' that's such an awkward thing to say.

nuggets

PortCity

Smash Ace
Update on Bpx and Revenge:

1: ($264.00)
2: ($132.00)
3: Seagull + Fino ($44.00)
4: Shugo + Lain
5: chubbbbbbpow (Bpow + Domo)
5: Boom Bam Bop Badabopboom Bop... OOHHHH (Y.b.M. + Infern)
7: Calamity (Zeton + Clel)
7: Kassandra + Mister Eric
9: If Her Feet Don't Touch the Ground, Cut the Legs off the Chair (Sago + Hunger)
9: Judo + Kel
9: Hadesblade + Fizzle
9: Krystedez + FAE
13: Tmacc + Hylian
13: Lumi + Sneaky
13: Rush Hour 5 (Tech Chase + clowsui)
13: Jinx + SP
17: Kill Power not Included (Steep + Jkip)
17: Kawaii Teco Tacos de ~geso (Jungle is Mad) (Xiivi + Red Ryu)
17: OSWGKTA (Eagleye + Excel)
17: **** *****es, Get Money (Champ + Capem)
17: Low Tier Fresh (DLA + Pink Fresh)
17: Legan wastes magnums (Legan + Ripple)
17: Links + Blue
17: bye

Plus Brandon has a pretty easy bracket, character wise....Badnews is he plays the best players with those characters...

Bpx has a almost guaranteed bye against a Diddy player. Then he plays either a ganon (DLA) or a kirby (YBM), both favorable matchups for Wario. Problem is, after that, it is MJG :-\

NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo Bpow lost to Lie, the diddy, but then again the Diddy is going hard, he is playing against MJG right now.

:-( FML

PortCity

Smash Ace
I have to make a few comments:

1) I take back the whole "Bye" thing about that diddy player. I just saw him on stream, I like him :-D ! He plays really safe and smart, with decent combos. He is a slightly more aggressive JJ Rockets ...slightly.... He also my move selection, so he creates problems for his opponents. He is an individual though, cause he grabs A LOT and he reads rolls out of trips well and punishes them safely......with grabs :-)....he is playing fino as I type, and he kinda screwed up going battlefield :-\

2) Bpow lost to Infern and Lie .... Diddy and Snake....I don't know what the heck that means. I'm going to play a completely different style against Bpx now. Cause it just hurts my heart when he loses to Diddy players :( I makes me want to cry and I can only take personally. I can't speak for Joker, but I hope he is motivated to help Bpx out also. Cause that has to hurt that he lost to the 2 characters he always gets practice against.

3) Bpx DID beat YBM and got a little shine...here is the stream log

vermanubis: Who's Bapow?
legendoflux: BPow
legendoflux: Iowa Warrior
vermanubis: Ranked?
legendoflux: Wario*
legendoflux: uhhhh probably #2 in Iowa
giobot: #2 in iowa is like $456 in michigan

4) I am going back to Louisiana for 3 weeks in December and I wanted to know if we all wanted to have a Best in Iowa Sunday Session at the club house. The catch is, only 1 date works. Sunday December 18th. If let's chat about it, and if you guys want to do it, let's plan it well. Include food, other games, obviously a tourney, etc. There are quite a lot of players in Iowa now, and we should all get together play and meet each other.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Mediacom shenanigans

@Kudou

Just got one 'o them copyright pirating infringement letters. What can ye fellow scurvy bilge rat tell 'bout mediacom policies and outcome of future letters.

Or what precautions can a pirate take, when searching and looting for more booty, to avoid further bothering from this mangy cockroachs. besides DDL, that be for lily-livere scallywags.

Soran

Smash Ace
Where's that fellow: ngamer?

I requested the 3rd off ;_; I hope he is able to take me to the Ames games...
EXVS comes out 2 days before that day ^o^

PortCity

Smash Ace
0_o at Logic beating lain...logic is great but oli vs ic is just too crazy, so i'm so impressed he won. Lain SD's and Logic came back with a killer spike out of nowhere....oh yeah more stream talk about Bpx:

keitaro_time: Someone like to explain to me how Y.B.M lost to BA-POW???
yinkchan: Because Brandon's legit
legendoflux: Bpow is good
» that's why
yinkchan: >>
legendoflux: *high five
fraggerfanatic: Lux laying out the facts
yinkchan: YEAH IOWA REPRESENTING
illmatiicc: Because YBM is the best Kirby, that's why.
juushichi: BPOW is good and Y.b.M. is slipping a lot
piedisliker: Bpow probably took a lot of tips from Krys
chueee: YBM is best kirby
keitaro_time: lol aight, I never heard of him so I thought it was a random.
chueee: but loses to ganon
jamzyham: kirby rocks!!!1!1
yinkchan: Kirby's not that good imo
keitaro_time: I'll trust the words of Iowa.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
@Kudou

Just got one 'o them copyright pirating infringement letters. What can ye fellow scurvy bilge rat tell 'bout mediacom policies and outcome of future letters.

Or what precautions can a pirate take, when searching and looting for more booty, to avoid further bothering from this mangy cockroachs. besides DDL, that be for lily-livere scallywags.
yeah it sucks when that happens. im assuming that u got that letter because of torrents since thats P2P sharing and thats what got me. well what i did was i for one stopped seeding files after you downloaded them. thats one of the main reason right there.

also i used an encryption service called "tor" short for "The Onion Router". tor makes it more difficult to trace internet activity since it layers your encrypted data and re-encrypted them multiple times before it reaches it destination. it makes ur data look scrambled or understood in the transit.

i dont really use torrents anymore since i usually DDL with MU but if u have to use torrents to get ur loot, then make sure u try to cover ur trails and watch what ur looting

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Greg: Ok, thats good, we need to get the word out to eastern Iowa and see if they like the date and can show up then.

@Kudou: i have heard of Tor, can you show me how to set it up and use it? They also request that you don't use Bittorrent with Tor, just cause it bogs down their resources.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Good, keep replying people. I know Bpx won't be able to show up, but I'm sure we can have fun without him. Even though he is Iowa's superstar.

Also, it goes without saying, but Nebraska aka Iowa 2.0 is invited. We definitely can put Project Melee v3 on a setup and play.

We still need to hear from Eastern Iowa, because if they can't show, we might as well not have it :-|.

As more people confirm, we can start thinking about food.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I want to make both Bpow and PCity's Bi-weekly, but chances are I won't be able to make either of them. I'll be @ Jokers for sure, maybe Bpow if I can. I think I actually have work the 18th but I'll see.

GG's @Joker/CBK/Wang/Schizm

Wait, I thought Jokers was the 3rd :/

Kuares

Pizza
I requested the 3rd off ;_; I hope he is able to take me to the Ames games...
EXVS comes out 2 days before that day ^o^
I'm going to be going there anyways with my sister so if you wanted to come along with us that'd be fine.

Also we should hang out sometime this week : 3

PortCity

Smash Ace
Seems like this trip to florida is going to be a bust, smash-wise :( However, from an adult, getting work done standpoint, I'm doing great :)

PortCity

Smash Ace
I don't know how I fee. I called it about Rocket Raccoon being top teir. Now there is someone out there using my "new" team. Rocket Raccoon, Vergil and Wesker....it is a 13 year old kid :-\...styling on them...man that kid young enough to be my son...ok not really but you get the point :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wutqDvuDL7Y

lil Kwanzaa

Smash Rookie
CONFIRMED: lil Kwanzaa will be brawling tonight at games at bpx's. And if I have anything to say about it, there will be nba jam.

:phone:

Soran

Smash Ace
I'm going to be going there anyways with my sister so if you wanted to come along with us that'd be fine.

Also we should hang out sometime this week : 3
YEAH! : )

That would be great! I work 7-12 on saturday and sunday so anytime after 12 would be AWESOME! I live on the street behind my old house.. so it's not too far from where I was.

actually I have a day off Friday but I 'might' be busy... we'll see if not I hope you're free. we can grind CS2 and UMvC3

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
@Sekou Wesker and Vergil are stupid good as far as I'm concerned. No one has put enough work into RR to be at that level. Also who is setting up P:M? id like to come on the 18th for some of that.

I don't expect anyone to hear me out at this point but for the record besides Phoenix, I currently believe Ultimate to be worst then Vanilla. Though its probably guaranteed to see more character variety at this point because the nature of the game. Blake can feel free to yell at me.

Generations is my favorite game of the year. You guys are all just playing soulless trite nuckahs!

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Skyward Sword is my favorite game of the year! Should've never bought Pokemon White....... Only 2 games I bought this year. Marvel is free yo.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Skyward Sword was pretty cool. I withheld judgment on that seeing as I only saw the first 5 hours.

I don't think I'll be playing RPGs again for a while. There are just too many things to do with my time. And XenoBlade isn't here yet for whatever reason...

Also a 15 year old got top 8 at canada cup sekou. It was much more impressive imo considering the players who were there. All the kids play Wesker btw because that guys a ******.

resTy

Smash Champion
I won't get to play Skyward Sword until December 16th (last day of school). My break will be a glorious one; or rage inducing as I'm real bad at 1P games. I'm super duper stoked :'D

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
If anything Blank, I'll let you borrow my game and system after I'm done with it. Need opinions from everyone! So far, its going good.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You didn't finish FF9...OOT I understand because it's on the 64 and that system is bad, but FF9...pretty bladerunner esq plot game.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Blank: If Omaha confirms they will come then I'll burn a disk with project-M on it and set it up. I downloaded the iso, but i haven't tested it yet.

Yeah, probably going to be ZERO smash played here in florida :(. I'm gonna try to show up at this spot, but I probably will just do consulting stuff :-\

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
You didn't finish FF9...OOT I understand because it's on the 64 and that system is bad, but FF9...pretty bladerunner esq plot game.
I played both when I was little, I just don't remember much from either.

Also Greg has MP2 on his Wii. We should fire that up next time. You guys can show me how to play a party game.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

PortCity

Smash Ace
@MegaRobMan: Blank asked me if I would have Project M at the Clubhouse on the 18th. I said if Omaha decides to come, then yes I"ll have project M. I know you guys care mostly about Melee, so I wanted to have the next best thing.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Tyser: Yeah, ya'll can have melee instead, I just figured since they are almost 100% identical now, ya'll would be interested in it instead. If ya'll show up, we would probably just have both anyway.

Top Bottom