• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

PortCity

Smash Ace
Appears to be no games going on in my neighboorhood of ames, so i may head to dsm Tomorrow. I have no class for the next 2 days....so i have nothing to do :-\

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Dirty Money Island: Colin wants people to play at his spot today. If people are super interested I can see if the club house is available and we can play in there today. Let me know ASAP so I can go secure the fort.

Kuares

Pizza
Hang overs freaking suck >.<

Anyways Greg there's suppose to be a tourney at Ames for a chance to win a copy of Ultimate hmm hmm >.0
You mean this thing? Sucks it's on Saturday(I'll be gone), and that the game's already released by then, there's a 5$ entry fee, and that the prize is the game... You got this Joker!

Dirty money Isle? I'd be interested in games today but it doesn't matter to me where.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Dirty Money Island: Colin wants people to play at his spot today. If people are super interested I can see if the club house is available and we can play in there today. Let me know ASAP so I can go secure the fort.
Lol this Colin asked me too but I just woke up XP

You mean this thing? Sucks it's on Saturday(I'll be gone), and that the game's already released by then, there's a 5$ entry fee, and that the prize is the game... You got this Joker!
Well, FACK >.<
I saw there was a tourney for it but just assumed it was today or tomorrow lol but since is on a Saturday I won't be able to make it since I think me and Colin possibly Skizm too will be at Omaha for a Brawl tourney T.T

Which speaking of anyone else interested in going Colin should have one more spot open.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Colin and Dustin keep saying that there may be someone else going and they won't say who...

nbfourBpowbailingonrevenge.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Everyone: Had fun tonight. I got beat up quite a bit....that's always fun :-D See you guys in In a few weeks.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yo, Christian. New chapter of TWGOK filled my rage meter to max. How 'bout you? >:O
Fack man everything is snowballing out of control >.<
Even though he may find a way to salvage it to get the Goddess the damage is done. Now looking back I see why Chihiro and Katsuragi got along really well when he was conquering her in the early chapters.

FACK MAN
This manga is too good ^.^

Joker there is a umvc3 tourny on Friday at coli FYI!
I don't think I'm going since I'll be there Saturday for the Brawl tourney unless Colin wants to go the day before >.>

Done XP

Soran

Smash Ace
I'll teach you a little about Marvel. I'll even teach Joker Virgil.

Marvel: The Avengers were formed to defeat Hulk after Thor was defeated by him.

Virgil is cool guy e has sword and doesn't afraid of anything. And I have no problem with his voice-actor. I love it actually : D

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
His voice-overs an dt pose are the reason I even want to play him.

He just looks so cute. x3 "Now, I'm motivated."

:phone:

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
So this is totally out of the blue and all but I've got a question for you guys. First let me explain the situation.

One of my longtime friends has been playing fighters for almost a year now, I have been teaching him stuff in vanilla Marvel 3 (for a total of about 4-5 months) and we were both hella hype for Ultimate.

From time to time he gets pretty salty after I beat him. I even tell him how to get around situations, I have spent almost 10-15 hours with him in training mode trying to teach him combos. I have seen him progress a lot since he first started, he just needs to learn to stop patterns, block, and work on combos.

He plays on an Xbox pad and I even told him I would buy him a stick if he wanted. Usually he just says "I don't know...maybe sticks are so weird." I even suggest characters and show him things with those characters and break them down for him.

In vanilla he played Sent/Haggar/Akuma. I'm no top player but I've told him time and time again how his team doesn't have that much synergy. I have even suggested characters for him and let him borrow my Vanilla strategy guide to get some ideas of characters or combos.

I went over to his place Tuesday and we played a lot of matches, but in the end he was super salty because I kept teleporting in with Vergil against his Phoenix Wright. Normally that's no big deal, but today he told me he's done with fighters.

So my question is, what can I do or say to convince someone not to quit playing a game?

BPx

Smash Lord
So this is totally out of the blue and all but I've got a question for you guys. First let me explain the situation.

One of my longtime friends has been playing fighters for almost a year now, I have been teaching him stuff in vanilla Marvel 3 (for a total of about 4-5 months) and we were both hella hype for Ultimate.

From time to time he gets pretty salty after I beat him. I even tell him how to get around situations, I have spent almost 10-15 hours with him in training mode trying to teach him combos. I have seen him progress a lot since he first started, he just needs to learn to stop patterns, block, and work on combos.

He plays on an Xbox pad and I even told him I would buy him a stick if he wanted. Usually he just says "I don't know...maybe sticks are so weird." I even suggest characters and show him things with those characters and break them down for him.

In vanilla he played Sent/Haggar/Akuma. I'm no top player but I've told him time and time again how his team doesn't have that much synergy. I have even suggested characters for him and let him borrow my Vanilla strategy guide to get some ideas of characters or combos.

I went over to his place Tuesday and we played a lot of matches, but in the end he was super salty because I kept teleporting in with Vergil against his Phoenix Wright. Normally that's no big deal, but today he told me he's done with fighters.

So my question is, what can I do or say to convince someone not to quit playing a game?
you have your own dustin!

i haven't found a solution yet, let me know if you do

Soran

Smash Ace
If he wants to quit, let him quit. especially if he doesn't listen to your advice. AND he's playing that P.Wright? oh, he's got to quit. He needs to really play easier characters if he isn't all that good at fighting games. But if he doesn't have the motivation. Don't bother. ESPECIALLY if he's going to shaft any help you're giving him. In my experience, don't waste your time. Somebody who plays the game often and has stories to tell you about their ordeals and situations and proud-moments- those are the dedicated ones. But if somebody just takes a beating from you and hardly follows advice, they aren't worth your time.

But like I said, if he ain't got motivation, don't push it on him. FGs aren't for everyone. Might I suggest boom boom rocket?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
That is right Snake still has some fight in him although with how MGS4 ended it may not be him but seeing is on a PlayStation magazine chances are is with Snake could be after MGS4 but Kojima said that game was the end in the story line so perhaps somewhere in between hmm . . . . . . GOD SO HYPE
Snake confirmed for the next Smash game >.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McHbEPDfpzs

MaJiK

Smash Ace
On That Day, When The World Came To An End. I Killed My Best Friend And Held The Woman I Loved For The First Time.

whats this mean?

MaJiK

Smash Ace

99% of the time when a dude who loses says he's "Done with" blah game/ fighters/ shooters w/e its an out of anger moment

hell even i said i was done with brawl 3 times before it actually stuck :happysheep:

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
On That Day, When The World Came To An End. I Killed My Best Friend And Held The Woman I Loved For The First Time.

whats this mean?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0pwSS0MbKg&t=11m5s
It probably makes more sense if you watch the clip but it's from an anime about ordinary high school kidz but then **** hits the fan and zombies start taking over I should also mention I originally got the quote from the Japanese sub even though it got translated almost the same <(^.^<)

what time is everyone coming?
We should be there around 12 or so.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Noon, you guys are crazy. Whatever happened to people getting drunk and hungover and tournaments not being ready until like 4 p.m. :(

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Noon, you guys are crazy. Whatever happened to people getting drunk and hungover and tournaments not being ready until like 4 p.m. :(
Sorry wrong tourney, this is what me and Greg did instead.

Kevin Wang strikes another tourney, free copy of Ultimate ftw.

:phone:

Edit: One Piece avys are sick

Top Bottom