• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

§chizm

Smash Lord
@Afrayail: Could you bring your laptop Skizm isn't getting here till around 3 or so I can hold till around 2ish or so but will like to have something going even if it's Brawl- >.0
You should hold Brawl- first so I can play the good game when I get there.
I'll still bring my netbook just in case, and my wii.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
yeah, i thought iowa was hosting one in august? and thought it was joker's? well in any case, i havent to joker's since the first time i went, so i am wanting to go....asap :)
Then go. No johns. Hater.

On a different note, being 21 is sweet. I'm gonna be getting birthday shots and drinks for like 3 months, cause I am the king of guilt tripping.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Jokes you should just start stuff at around 3. If Iowa City isn't getting there till 2 and me and Schism won't be there till 3 or so that would work best.

Is Trent coming?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
@Tyser & Yulai

if u guys wanted to go sm town here's the run down on it.....

Date: Saturday, September 4, 2010
Time: 7:00 PM
Venue: STAPLES Center (1111 S. Figueroa St. Los Angeles, CA 90015)
Seating Chart: Coming soon
Official Poster: Coming soon

Ticket Sales Date: Saturday, July 24, 2010 @ 10:00 AM (PST)

Ticket Price: $180, $160, $120, $80, $40

ticket go on sale around noon next saturday since it's 10:00am pst over there. tony and i r goin for the $180 seats cause that's just more beastly \(^o^)/

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Geegees last night guys. Hope you had a safe trip home last night Chris, and your throat gets better.

P:M is pretty sweet.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
sorry dudes. being at the mercy of other drivers suxxx. Waking up early tomorrow to get Connor's registration for his car so he can drive it while my van is in the shop, heh. We'll be more active once we have reliable transportation, especially since I'm going to be starting a job soon meaning moar income meaning moar money to travel meaning moar games.

hype for AI?

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Yo, what's good?

I made it back just fine-- arrival time Monday morning: 6:51 AM :dizzy: like always I had a lot of fun.

Thanks again Joker for letting me stay the night, to Greg for driving and letting me in on the secret world of competitive card games, Kamig for sticking it out with me in the Iowa scene and Yulai for being such a BA.

Words of wisdom: Don't get Metsu'd -- it'll f*** you up and keep you from winning money.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah GG guys pretty fun and I finally got to play Ngamer in some TvC cause everytime we try other stuff gets on the way. TvC may have not picked up but we are just practicing for MvC3

As for Shermans, well I think Love said he may drive plus I believe Ngamer and Jayford where going too so yeah discuss o.0

PortCity

Smash Ace
Wow I got my first infraction, for making a new thread and asking a question over there at the toon link boards. LOL, wow...it ain't that serious. Anyway, I will be in des moines today and will be willing to play brawl if it doesn't get to serious tonight. I'll show up at joker's house sometime after 3 ish.

PortCity

Smash Ace
MJG: Yeah you right I should have just asked you. I figured all boards are the same, and that is not the case. What do infractions do? Do they stop me from playing Diddy after I get too many? :)

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Yo, what's good?

I made it back just fine-- arrival time Monday morning: 6:51 AM :dizzy: like always I had a lot of fun.

Thanks again Joker for letting me stay the night, to Greg for driving and letting me in on the secret world of competitive card games, Kamig for sticking it out with me in the Iowa scene and Yulai for being such a BA.

Words of wisdom: Don't get Metsu'd -- it'll f*** you up and keep you from winning money.
Good **** on those mixups and stuns. I'm glad you dominated that gief with rose good choice on that. I still think that akuma vs. zangief match was the best match of the day. **** was so hype. Thanks for giving me a ride back home even if we got lost temporarily in downtown in those messed up oneways. :mad:

Thanks to greg for driving us and sticking it out while he was tired as hell and trying not to get hit by that drunk driver that came dangerously close to crashing 9001 times.

Yeah I had a lot of fun....shoutouts to tourney nerves.

As discussed on the trip here are some of those vids I was talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT-DPTg0t6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdQR-6AgNVc

Just remembered one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZYXc4Jq8Fk Warning contains massive amounts of ear ****.

I know there are like 2 or 3 more vids but I can't remember which ones they were if you guys do let me know and i'll link them or something.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Guys, if you are coming to Shermans, please try and come as early as possible. I have to work from 3-midnight so maybe we will do singles by 1:00 (I wish a.m., but p.m.)

fhalsdfhdasljfad;lsfj;lsdjfl;kasjdf;lksajfasd;lrkuhjlkfu08932u5rj;lraksfjv9287rfcwua;ljdx48q2ynh4iufoydxh9otm29op2t8md3q2tmy09jt['a
f u c k
End

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
lol is funny how things can work out. So yeah if we do singles first that may work for Sekou since he was saying today he may go so yeah ^.^

However we still don't know who's driving and who's all wanting to go.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm willing to get there at...sighhhh..................10 even to get it started, cause I 100% have to work, and it's 2:30 now. There is some mexican baptism and I'm the only person who works for the city who can make it, which is hilarious for several reasons, but I digress, 11 a.m. would work better for everyone I bet, or just do it without me.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I won't be there till probably 6PM or 7PM because my cousin is coming into town, but only till like 4 or 5. So, you guys have to find a ride. I was also staying there pretty late to play Yulai in some Yu-Gi-Oh! till like 10PM or 11PM on Sunday.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Reserved SC2 yesterday. 64 bucks total for the game? Highway robbery!!! It's only the first one out of the three.

I'm still SOOOOO effing excited. Who all is gonna nerd it with me?

§chizm

Smash Lord
Reserved SC2 yesterday. 64 bucks total for the game? Highway robbery!!! It's only the first one out of the three.

I'm still SOOOOO effing excited. Who all is gonna nerd it with me?
Yeah I hate the whole split game thing.
Dayum 64 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFACK I'll probably get it but it will be a while mainly cause I still don't have my new comp yet >.> Skizm
Need legit Windows 7 copy lulz.

Also, YESSSS

§chizm

Smash Lord
I yiffed all over my screen.
I expected this.

Also Super Skrull, Dr. Doom, Chun-Li (ugh), and Trish are in it as well.
Why they would put Trish in above Vergil confuses me.
I'm just waiting for them to announce Wesker and Mike Haggar (plzzzzz) so I can explode everywhere.

Whose all creepin this weekend?
Because I can't house you xD
GET ***** SON(S)!
I don't even know how we're getting there. I can't drive because my car may explode at any time.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I think every tourney i've seen or heard scism was gonna go to he says this EVERY TIME.
It's pretty true. Last time I drove to Sherman's was reallllly fucking scary, my car makes ridiculous noises. I'll hopefully be able to get a new car after this next semester though.

If anyone is up for games tonight lemme know.

PortCity

Smash Ace
I'll be going to joker's house today, sometime after 3 pm. Mara and I will be up to play prolly until 9 or a lil after. We can pick people up (Blank, CBK) if anyone wants a ride.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Good news, I don't have to work until 4:20 or so. Still going to do singles first, but now starting at Noon is a good idea.

Also, I'd love to see Mike Hagger in as well. He's been missing since Saturday Night Slam Masters (or so).

Top Bottom