• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

gantrain05

Smash Master
why don't we have this months on the 26th? as far as i know nothing else is going on that day and its far enough ahead for people to get work off. /discussion?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Why do they always have to kill Johnny Cage >.<
But yeah movie looks good although when they try to make a movie out of a fighting game they try to make it realistic which ends up screwing the movie.
For example the last Street Fighter movie they said if they used the outfits it will have made the movie silly but idk I prefer the game outfits cause you can relate to it. Hell the old Street Fighter movie and the Mortal Kombat one I liked a lot cause they stuck really close to the game mainly cause the outfits I know people say they are bad but I LOVE those movies ^.^
Which is why of all the Resident Evil movies the 2nd one has to be the best one by far.
The first one had nothing to do with the game really besides zombies, the 3rd one had Claire Redfield but she wasn't that important, Carlos came back but they kill him but yet he's like a main char in RE: Nemesis I mean both Jill and Carlos escape so I was like FUUUUUUUUUUCK.
However the 2nd one was perfect cause it had Jill WITH her RE: Nemesis outfit and speaking of the Nemesis he was so awesome it looked exactly like in the game which was just perfect plus S.T.A.R.S that movie had to be the closes to the actual game.
Now the new one all it show is the main chick forget her name point being is her fighting against Wesker, which by the way Wesker better have super strenght and such like in the game otherwise I'll rage :mad:

Also, if there is a trip to Nebraska this weekend, I might want to go- again if someone from the area would go with me... that would be just swell and dandy.
NGAMER if you go to Omaha I'll like to tag along with you if it's okay >.0

I think the 26th is the way to go. No one has said anything negative about that date.
K guys everyone seems kool with the 26th so it shall be done XP

§chizm

Smash Lord

Why do they always have to kill Johnny Cage >.<
But yeah movie looks good although when they try to make a movie out of a fighting game they try to make it realistic which ends up screwing the movie.
For example the last Street Fighter movie they said if they used the outfits it will have made the movie silly but idk I prefer the game outfits cause you can relate to it. Hell the old Street Fighter movie and the Mortal Kombat one I liked a lot cause they stuck really close to the game mainly cause the outfits I know people say they are bad but I LOVE those movies ^.^
Which is why of all the Resident Evil movies the 2nd one has to be the best one by far.
The first one had nothing to do with the game really besides zombies, the 3rd one had Claire Redfield but she wasn't that important, Carlos came back but they kill him but yet he's like a main char in RE: Nemesis I mean both Jill and Carlos escape so I was like FUUUUUUUUUUCK.
However the 2nd one was perfect cause it had Jill WITH her RE: Nemesis outfit and speaking of the Nemesis he was so awesome it looked exactly like in the game which was just perfect plus S.T.A.R.S that movie had to be the closes to the actual game.
Now the new one all it show is the main chick forget her name point being is her fighting against Wesker, which by the way Wesker better have super strenght and such like in the game otherwise I'll rage :mad:

NGAMER if you go to Omaha I'll like to tag along with you if it's okay >.0

K guys everyone seems kool with the 26th so it shall be done XP
Apparently that was a trailer just to pitch a movie to Warner and not a trailer for a movie that's currently being made.
They're "rebooting" Mortal Kombat since they said they would after Armageddon (pretty much everyone died, and all the games after 4 weren't supposed to be canon anyway), so it wouldn't be that bad.
Wesker had red eyes in the trailer for the RE movie so I assume he has some abilities in the movie.

Also I have to work this Saturday so I won't be able to take people to Sherman's. If you guys end up going anyway I might drive down after work though since I'll have nothing else to do.

napZzz

Smash Hero
dont worry randall I'll do the thing we did on the way to IL even though bringing you will make you the 2nd person I'll have to work to beat...*SIGH*

Pretty sure MN is comin to the next one with....5-6 people then

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
#1. Who all is coming to Shermans? Not that he wants to know, I do :/

#2. The 26th sounds great, should be able to make this one with or without Dan/sherman driving.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Overnights are ridiculous. I just woke up. FML for a whole day wasted ad having to go to work in 5 hours and repeat that process.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Sorry, Greg. D: Overnights suck.

Also sorry I'm still in Moville, so no games for me til next weekend at least.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Overnights are ridiculous. I just woke up. FML for a whole day wasted ad having to go to work in 5 hours and repeat that process.
Overnights aren't that bad.
Sleep less.

Sorry, Greg. D: Overnights suck.

Also sorry I'm still in Moville, so no games for me til next weekend at least.
I thought you were already moved into the apartment?
Won't be able to come the 26th, sorry. :(
Whattt why?

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Came up on Sunday, staying for a week or two. Connor's visiting his cousin for a week and I didn't wanna be there by myself.

Jayford

Smash Lord
So I think I am going to Nebraska this weekend. I'll know 100% for sure. I'll be passing through Des Moines and will be staying the night at Sherman's. I am guessing this will be my car situation.

1.) Me
2.) ngamer3k
3.) Possibly Joker?
4.)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So I think I am going to Nebraska this weekend. I'll know 100% for sure. I'll be passing through Des Moines and will be staying the night at Sherman's. I am guessing this will be my car situation.

1.) Me
2.) ngamer3k
3.) Possibly Joker?
4.)
Possibly me, I just need to get Sunday off of work.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

1.) Me
2.) ngamer3k
3.) Joker
4.)
^Fix :)
But yeah man if you could pick me up it will be much appreciated also make sure you get directions to the place cause even though I have gone there multiple times I don't really know the way T.T

napZzz

Smash Hero
me, nappy, RRR, amanze, Disicple, and who?
the original plan was yoshQ, me, you, amanze, and near, but I want randall to go so I'm gonna do the floor thing like on the way to IL as long as yoshQ doesn't mind again

if we had a second car disciple could go as well as any one else who might wanna but idk about that happening

would be alot better if we had a van -.-

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
^Fix :)
But yeah man if you could pick me up it will be much appreciated also make sure you get directions to the place cause even though I have gone there multiple times I don't really know the way T.T
It's pretty simple as far as directions go. Get on I-80 and go East. It'll take you within 2 miles of Sherman's

If you get lost you can call my cell 402-541-7356. and I'll give directions.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
yeah i can buy it, what all comes with it?
It has homebrew installed, and I got quite a bit of random burned games including some GC games. I'll give you all of them, two wiimotes and I think 1-2 nunchucks. You can burn games and play them on DVD-R's too, just don't update it.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Peeks...I apologize. I looked at you funny when you were talking about "safety" and other girly such things ( no offense ms. rong or chloe :) ) when you bought your helmet. I went to goodwill and bought someone's old roller blades for the wheels. The wheels weren't bad about ~ 72 mm and ABEC 5 for $6.50. Oh my God!!!! I have never gone this fast on some skates in my life. I was going down a hill and said "Yeah, I need a helmet. I'm gonna get more than scraped knees if I fall." So Peeks, I formally apologize and will be taking your advice :-D

Jayford

Smash Lord
I've decided to go to Nebraska for sure. I'll start planing ride stuff after I get off work. If it will make it easier to plan everything IM me or FB me. My AIM is paintballpro753 and my Facebook is Jay Hartford and it should have someone waring a black shirt and it should say I am from Purdue.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I'm confirmed for Nebraska as well, so we'll have at least two cars all the way from the Eastern part of the state if we need the room.

lvl 1

Smash Rookie
are there any spots left... i'd like to come and if i can find a ride then i'm more then 90% sure i'll be able to go...

§chizm

Smash Lord
Peeks! I'm coming this Saturday! Have your 360 ready! :D
He's coming everywhere.
Peeks...I apologize. I looked at you funny when you were talking about "safety" and other girly such things ( no offense ms. rong or chloe :) ) when you bought your helmet. I went to goodwill and bought someone's old roller blades for the wheels. The wheels weren't bad about ~ 72 mm and ABEC 5 for $6.50. Oh my God!!!! I have never gone this fast on some skates in my life. I was going down a hill and said "Yeah, I need a helmet. I'm gonna get more than scraped knees if I fall." So Peeks, I formally apologize and will be taking your advice :-D
Lulz.
Speed Racer.

are there any spots left... i'd like to come and if i can find a ride then i'm more then 90% sure i'll be able to go...
I'm pretty sure someone will have a spot open as there's two cars going and that's more spots than players in the state.
I'll probably head up after work like I did last time.

Also I'll probably show up for games for a bit around 6 Jokerrrrrr.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'm up for games tonight.

Does Joker have Super? I can bring it for 360 but I don't think Joker has one anymore.

Top Bottom