• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I think the Melee turnout will be decent this time around. Jayford, convince some buddies to come. :) Jlo, for dubs, just Up-throw with Peach and then I'll F-air, D-air, then you finish with a frying pan. XD

Edit: I think our Team Name should be Peaches and Cream.

resTy

Smash Champion
Jay is bringing more folk from Indiana?
Dude, this sounds too real. It sucks that no Melee folk are creeping.
JBM, you should creep so we can do some good ole fashion "shit on teams" like last time.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Jay is bringing more folk from Indiana?
Dude, this sounds too real. It sucks that no Melee folk are creeping.
JBM, you should creep so we can do some good ole fashion "shit on teams" like last time.
I wish I was bringing IN people =/. They all don't want to drive 5 hours to come lol. I'll play tons of melee if you want tho. It's my favorite game :D.

resTy

Smash Champion
I wish I was bringing IN people =/. They all don't want to drive 5 hours to come lol. I'll play tons of melee if you want tho. It's my favorite game :D.
Because of the bolded stuff, you are one of my favorite people now.
Also, you wanna do the money match asap or what? It's up to you.

Singles
1: Iori (Mewtwo)
2: Arc (Marth)
3: Boomstick (Falco)
4: IHSB (Samus)
5: dmac (Ganondorf/Fox)
5: Darkrain (Falcon)
7: JF (Fox)
7: DoH (Peach)
9: Rezo (Sheik)
9: Hazygoose (Sheik)
9: Z (Sheik)
9: KOS-MOS (? ? ?)
Check it out. A Mewtwo won a tournament where a lot of good players and a Darkrain attended.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Eeeeeeeeeee can't wait for this weekend! Moi, my little bro, and of course my cousin, who challenged you Becca, is coming. No lie the whole household is buzzing for this BRAWL match!

Oh hey dudes the heat is killing me... no AC=Death.

Anyway I think Balanced Brawl is my fav out of the mods for brawl available..... yeah... XD
I think Balanced brawl is one of my least favorite things.
In existence.

I like the Melee version of Smash. :)
Trufax.
We shoulda played some last night.

Check it out. A Mewtwo won a tournament where a lot of good players and a Darkrain attended.
He played Sheik in Finals and against some other people.
Iori is too good 0_0.

Also, should I bring my 360 stick to this? And is there any possibility of housing :D.

For the mm, I can do it whenever. Just give me like 5min to warm up so I can get my techskill going lol :p
I think we'll have enough sticks, I'll be bringing mine and I think Nick is bringing his.

Also I'll need a dubs partner on Saturday since I don't work for once.

Christian I'll probably be by for a bit around 7. Won't be around too long though because I hafta drive my parents to the airport AT 4:30 IN THE MORNING FUUUUU.
Least I get to stay at the house by myself for 2 weeks.

RMZ

Smash Cadet
He is unbelievably awesome with everyone. He has played brawl at least twice already and all he did was play with new characters for five minutes a piece.

He will mostly likely be sticking with returning characters in the series.

He prefers fast characters.

That's all I can tell you. He has never really mained anyone before.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Oh shit. I forgot that that vid was flagged -_- I fail'd.
You clearly need to work on your mindgames son.
Oh, Tyser.

Also, RMZ, who does your cousin main? >.>
Someone's trying to STUDY UP.
He is unbelievably awesome with everyone. He has played brawl at least twice already and all he did was play with new characters for five minutes a piece.

He will mostly likely be sticking with returning characters in the series.

Prefers characters fast characters.

That's all I can tell you. He has never really mained anyone before.
I wish I was unbelievably awesome with everyone.
I'll play your cousin. :bee:

We have any idea who all is coming OoS on Saturday?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I just wanted to post this in here. I hope the tournament goes really well this coming weekend (seriously wish I could be there) but I won't be and won't be online on SWF for a week or two. My mom's having knee replacement surgery on both her knees so I'll be tied up with that.

Hope everyone does well and has fun!

resTy

Smash Champion
So basically, he has played Brawl xD

If he is "awesome" in Melee also. Tell him I'll money match him.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
SHINY. F@CKING. CYNDAQUIL!!!

that is all ^____^

I named him Silhouette :O <3 I was going for a Totodile, whom I woulda named Sudai, but oh wells.. I lurv Cyndaquil too.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Lucky........

Im naming my shiny Totodile Stardust and my shiny Spearow Ra
Ohh, shiny spearow? How long into the game were you when it showed up? Idk if I wanna try and SR for anything else, but I might @__@; was there an easier way to do it, if you already have a shiny?

lvl 1

Smash Rookie
hopefully i'll be coming to the tourney... jlo who are you riding with because i'll pitch in gas to ride with you guys...

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Ohh, shiny spearow? How long into the game were you when it showed up? Idk if I wanna try and SR for anything else, but I might @__@; was there an easier way to do it, if you already have a shiny?
The spearow was random. I was just head butting trees for aipoms and a yellow bird popped out. Still havent gotten my third badge in that game yet :)

RMZ

Smash Cadet
So basically, he has played Brawl xD

If he is "awesome" in Melee also. Tell him I'll money match him.
Oh a wager? You could ask in person after his match with Afrayail, though I doubt he'll take it. He likes playing for fun. So just a match would be fine.

His total BRAWL experience is 5 hours at the most (now) and judging by his expression he prefers Melee.

Ah yes question: Would it be appreciated if I brought along my Wii and controllers?

P.S. Shiny pokemon have all been random for me before my LeafGreen game was over written (7 year old nephew) I had 2 shinies: Weedle (evolved it into a Beedrill) and a Venonat. Those were the ones I caught though. Had a run in with a shiny Mankey in the area where you fight "Gary" the first time out of Pallet town (it was after the fight with him) . I don't think there is anything that dictates their appearance besides the fact they are super rare.

resTy

Smash Champion
I <3 Shiny Pokemon but if I ever play Pokemon I dunno if I'll have the willpower to sit there for hours trying to get one that will have awful stats. It'll make me very sad.
I might just hack xD but seriously, I won't. Hacking is like playing Brawl, it's the easier route. And everyone knows how stupid and homosexual the easier route is/can be.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I love taking the easy way out, and by easy I mean incredibly less time-consuming.

Coincidentally I'm probably homo-sexual. Just sayin.

§chizm

Smash Lord
SHINY. F@CKING. CYNDAQUIL!!!

that is all ^____^

I named him Silhouette :O <3 I was going for a Totodile, whom I woulda named Sudai, but oh wells.. I lurv Cyndaquil too.
Sooo much time.
Oh a wager? You could ask in person after his match with Afrayail, though I doubt he'll take it. He likes playing for fun. So just a match would be fine.

His total BRAWL experience is 5 hours at the most (now) and judging by his expression he prefers Melee.

Ah yes question: Would it be appreciated if I brought along my Wii and controllers?
I'll play him in Melee and Brawl...

Also yeah bring controllers for you and whoever else is coming with you. You can bring your Wii if you want but we almost always end up with extras.

I <3 Shiny Pokemon but if I ever play Pokemon I dunno if I'll have the willpower to sit there for hours trying to get one that will have awful stats. It'll make me very sad.
I might just hack xD but seriously, I won't. Hacking is like playing Brawl, it's the easier route. And everyone knows how stupid and homosexual the easier route is/can be.
If I ever decided to have a competitive team I'd probably just hack one.
EV training takes way too long and I don't have the attention span to play Pokemon for that long.

Coincidentally I'm probably homo-sexual. Just sayin.
Tell me something I don't know.

My parents left for vacation so I stocked their fridge with booze, it's too good.
I might be able to bring another TV this Saturday (assuming I can find one in the house that's not an LCD and doesn't weigh 200 pounds).

If anyone is up for games today/tonight let me know.

Jayford

Smash Lord
I'm so pumped for this.

Anyone else want to MM me in melee : D. I'll mm anyone with the follow characters. Fox, Puff, Link, Zelda, and Pichu.

Also, any Pokemon MM? I use a legit team. I just hacked EVs because it's to boring to level them up.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I might be able to come down on Thursday, but it is going to have to be early actually. Like noonish - 4ish? Unfortunately that is probably the only time I can make it for games before the tournament.

RMZ

Smash Cadet
Ugh I've stopped getting my hopes up long ago. You are best off expecting the worse.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I just lol @ how Trent gets hype over a horrible looking game from a company with a terrible track record *coughSonic4cough* but bugs out over 30 seconds of a nice and refreshing teaser. I guess SEGA's marketing campaign works if they can stick "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" on low-budget, unoriginal garbage and people eat it up anyways.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'm not hyping it. Please look at "Someone shoot me"

The game looks like sh,it.
I wasn't talking about Sonic Colors, which actually looks nice. I was talking about how you hyped Sonic the hedgehog 4 earlier.

Sonic Colors looks like it'll be fun. Its probably just another On-rails game like Black Knight and Secret Rings except the game has good art direction and power-up combos. I don't see whats wrong with it.

All it needs is good music and I don't think SEGA has a problem with that.

Trent

Smash Champion
Eh, I think it looks like crap.

I still have hopes for Sonic 4, especially since they're taking fans into consideration for it.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Dimps and Backbone both "took fans into consideration" when they made the Sonic Advance games and Sonic Rivals. This is nothing new, Sonic 4 is just Sonic Advance with bad HD paint.

The physics and gimmicks are also shoddy, and the OST is probably the worst thing I've heard in a Sonic game ever. It literally gives me a headache. They took bad music and then tried to emulate 16-bit synth with crappier synth.

I really don't see anything worth deeming bad in that teaser, specially if you somehow have hopes for Sonic 4 which looks garbs lol. People are only hype for that game because of its name and nothing else.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
ITT: The only two remaining sonic fans in the world bicker over which new game will suck less.
Please, there is a much lower pool then us that exists.

Lulz, gg Trent. If only I could put the ear grating music up too but I think it'd just be too sad.

Top Bottom