• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introducing SmashEurope!

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Just before the grand finals between Armada and Leffen at BEAST V, a teaser was shown on stream to introduce SmashEurope.

The initiative, spear-headed by key European smashers, is best summed up by the description on the About page:

SmashEurope is the portal for the competitive European Smash Bros. community. While there are strong local scenes in many European countries with their own websites and social media platforms, there has always been a clear need for a central hub. Through this blog we intend to not only make information more accessible to those unfamiliar with the European smash community, but also keep veteran enthusiasts up to date with noteworthy developments. Furthermore, we want to work towards a more unified European community capable of running high quality events through effective and efficient international cooperation.
Since SmashEurope launched, several articles have been published regarding the European tournament scene. The most recent release is an interview with Mr-R on his preparation for APEX 2015. When asked about Smash 4’s balance, he stated:

“There’s always room for improvement on character balance in every fighting game and Smash 4 is no exception. I’m honestly fine with how the game is at the moment, but I wouldn’t mind Diddy getting a nerf on his up air or downthrow, so that the majority of the community can stop complaining, haha. APEX top 8 is probably going to be a mixture of Diddy, Sheik, Rosalina, Sonic and perhaps ZSS.”
You can see the rest of the interview, which includes tips for Smash 4 and Mr-R’s favourite Game of Throne characters, here.

Avalon VI: Mr-R, iStudying (l) and Armada (r)... and Rebaz.

Previous SmashEurope articles include:

A review of Republic of Fighters in France
A satirical article on Amsah being 4-stocked by Armada at BEAST V
An overview of the three days of BEAST V

More articles are sure to follow!

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
My dream to be first is achieved...

now what about SmashAmerica?

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
I would love something like this for America. I have no idea where the scenes in my state are, or even in neighboring states, so Im limited to OTs and ladders atm.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
There's pretty much a facebook group for every State though isn't there? If not this will probably help you
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/wiki/facebook
But its not very well organized. I dont want to know about tourneys in Chicago constantly, because I dont have the ability to just go drive five hours north on a whim. The only page that is /slightly/ relevant to me is the SIU page. But thats still like, 1-2 hours away. I know that there /has/ to be more going on in this state then just SIU, Springfield and Chicago.
I'd love to find some weeklies that are reasonably close. And I know there is a Smash community in this region somewhere. I just can't seem to find it for the life of me.

I'd just love something a little more orderly and better put together than a bunch of Facebook pages compiled onto a list; in a manner that can be constructive to helping the community in the state grow.

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
But its not very well organized. I dont want to know about tourneys in Chicago constantly, because I dont have the ability to just go drive five hours north on a whim. The only page that is /slightly/ relevant to me is the SIU page. But thats still like, 1-2 hours away. I know that there /has/ to be more going on in this state then just SIU, Springfield and Chicago.
I'd love to find some weeklies that are reasonably close. And I know there is a Smash community in this region somewhere. I just can't seem to find it for the life of me.

I'd just love something a little more orderly and better put together than a bunch of Facebook pages compiled onto a list; in a manner that can be constructive to helping the community in the state grow.
As someone who was in the same position: start the weeklies (if you have the means to). It worked really well here, at least.

As for the list, yeah that'd be really nice; what I've done is made threads/groups on FaceBook, here, and AllIsBrawl. Still would be nice to have just one place for them, even if just as a list to direct to the other areas.

Th3 Ice King

Smash Cadet

Evansville, IN SSB Melee Crew (Kneebash)
Southern Indiana has a nice sized crew.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
Evansville, IN SSB Melee Crew (Kneebash)
Southern Indiana has a nice sized crew.
im trying to think if Evansville is farther from where I am than St. louis. I know there is a decent amount of activity around there (and a bit at SIUe which is where I'm going next year)

But the thing is im also limited to Smash 4. My copy of Melee broke many moons ago, so I can't exactly practice it. I could play Brawl, but I dont like how Brawl feels.

But Im looking for something within the 30-45 minute range, hopefully.

@ Jaxas Jaxas I cant at this point start my own weeklies, but I might be able to in the future.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Smash is growing so much so fast. I just wish something would happen so 64 could get some attention. I love 64 so much.

Globe

I only care for waifus
Soon it will be Smash Planet where Team Earth crew battles Team Uranus.

Th3 Ice King

Smash Cadet
im trying to think if Evansville is farther from where I am than St. louis. I know there is a decent amount of activity around there (and a bit at SIUe which is where I'm going next year)

But the thing is im also limited to Smash 4. My copy of Melee broke many moons ago, so I can't exactly practice it. I could play Brawl, but I dont like how Brawl feels.

But Im looking for something within the 30-45 minute range, hopefully.

@ Jaxas Jaxas I cant at this point start my own weeklies, but I might be able to in the future.
There is a community of Smash players in Charleston, IL. Thats where Viperboy, Lemon, Shmizzy live there.

Aelo

Smash Rookie
It really motivates me too see things like this happen. Smash Bros has exploded in popularity lately and more and more people seem to be interested in being part of the community. Even in my country I have set the goal to incorporate as many players as we can, and keep trying to attract more players constantly, which has been amazing. I have met a lot of new people who I now consider close friends and it's all due to our shared passion for the game.

This should definetely work as an example of what community leaders n each individual scene should be aiming to achieve: uniting the community, getting their scene to expand and make the Smash Bros mania something to be proud of.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
There is a community of Smash players in Charleston, IL. Thats where Viperboy, Lemon, Shmizzy live there.
Unfortunately Charleston is only a slightly shorter distance than St. Louis is to me. But thanks! I could probably go up there for an event once in a blue if they had any.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Ignore this I somehow posted in the wrong article lolol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom