• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interior BC Canada (AKA Thompson/Okanagan/Kootenay/Rockies/Other) Thread

Sion

Island of Horizon
btw, do you guys play a lot of blazblue? If so, I'd come out there and smash/blazblue with you guys sometime.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Yeah, we're both coming.

I will play any fighting game really. I'm much more partial to the 2d variation, but if someone wants, I'll play some 3d fighters (mostly tekken and vf) with them.

And I'm ALWAYS up for melee/guilty gear.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Yeah yeah. Do do do. Come this weekend because I gotta get up to snuff with guilty gear for northwest majors

edit; I'm assuming tim is driving me. Calling him tomorrow since it was too late tonight.

If he can't, then I'll be busing and arriving at 8:45. Will leave a message on msn if so.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
So I'm back on the first of september, with more jab cancel, because really, that's about all i had time to practice. I'll be at UBCO permanently this year, so I need some contact info for Dotz and anybody else who wants to make up a brawl team.

Trozz

Smash Ace
You might have a harder time getting a brawl team together, since melee is generally the more competitive scene.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
SO since i'm a failure at smash in general I've decided to just bring my 360 and blazblue to ubco and play that in a corner or something. Or maybe i'll fetch food for people. Either way, sweet deal.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
UBCO may be hard to do, cause...well, technically we were never allowed to be there.

Kosk you sound like a machine. I'm still not wholly convinced you're a person.

Cakeh, there is no such thing as 360 at a smashfest. It's blasphemy.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
My place is always available if ubco becomes a no-go. And I don't see the problem of a 360 at a smashfest as long as fighting games are being played.

Walker-

Smash Rookie
Hey boys!

Been a great summer! Hope everyone is doing well! Just like to say that I will be active in smash and hopefully will get some bb in with Cake (I use Carl). I think Kosk should see if he can organise some consistent smash practice once he gets the time. In terms of a UBCO smash team I would be glad to head it, as long as its not a club because clubs must be fully inclusive and Id rather handpick the best ^_^.
I think we should also move more into melee, its more successfully competitive. Dont get me wrong we should definitely keep brawl around! Id love to hear back from Alex (Ike Alex). If worst comes to worst I can have about 4 or 5 people at a time to smash at my place(details about my address later). One last thing, I have a super busy 6 course semester coming up with 3xx econ courses so I will be very busy and I dont have time to organize things for people other than UBCO, but I think Kosk has that down anyway.
P.S. Kosk, AJ or James, it would be awesome if you guys could keep everyone updated on the tourneys!
Thanks a bunch,
Im stoked to see the new batch of smashers this year

Max

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
max settle the **** down
QFT. Kosk is my new favorite maybe-a-person.

We could always just ASK ubco if we could rent out a room every saturday...

Good to hear from you again anyway Max, I'd heard rumours you weren't coming back. But since we've lost CC and I'm assuming Zyfe isn't back either (though that isn't for sure---does ANYBODY have his number?) we're looking at slim pickings for a brawl crew. So far I have you, Kosk, me, and AJ. That's rough, and when you consider that Kosk and AJ don't even go to UBCO---extra rough.

So I suggest we either find others from within the school system, or we just make an OBC---Okanagan Brawl Crew. baller.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
Fazha could i interest you in some blazblue? Theres a character alot like ike in it. And some other guy with Real Soviet Damage.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
lol, two most important things: Age and y/n for weed lol. Guy wants to party with alex.

If we gotta make a club, can we get some other people that only semi play? I got a friend that's going to UBCO, Jason Prost, and if you find him, ask him for me, and he should be up to it. Plays MK, pretty cool guy too. Do we have the others? People like Tycho, him.... uhm... the other ones? that's all I can remember right now. there was like, rager tom and them and everything.

Walker-

Smash Rookie
I wanna seperate the really casual from the more hard core though. Thats my thing anyway. But ya kosk keep me informed :D. We should play bb Cakeh( you playstation version right?)

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
I wanna seperate the really casual from the more hard core though. Thats my thing anyway. But ya kosk keep me informed :D. We should play bb Cakeh( you playstation version right?)
****, no i have the 360 version. I'm getting a ps3 and blazblue as soon as i can sell my wii,though. You should come to my house and play bb sometime.

Edit: lol swear filter

Walker-

Smash Rookie
For sure, Its just a ***** for me to get there haha. Ill let you know but it will probably be a weekend. What character(s) do you use (Plz not the mk of bb lol)?

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Fuuuck blazblue. Play Street Fighter.

He uses the ****** *** Noel. Pretty much a bigger D smasher than V-13. Just pick tager, 236B to grab all day. He loses to it, and if he denies it, I'll play blazblue with him just so he can stfu.

I'd prefer on getting an actual solid venue. We can have our own crew with smash formed later.

edit: That's fgt azz btw. mods can give me an infraction point.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
@Max: If transportation is a problem, maybe i could arrange to pick you up. Where do you live? Kelowna i hope?
@AJ:I've actually been learning the tager matchup online,so there

<3 for playing bb you two

Walker-

Smash Rookie
Nu is the gayest. That is all.

I live right near the Costco. Maybe we can do it this weekend. Ill keep you informed.
Worst case your mom can pick me up from the bottom of Clifton or something.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
Sounds good,will you have any problems using a 360 controller to play? Also how long would you want to stay?

Walker-

Smash Rookie
Hmmm.
We could do sunday maybe. 250.575.5556
Call me and confirm though on Sunday.
Im thinking like 12-3 or 4

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Who is free Monday afternoon and Tuesday? I only work 9-12 those days and I wanna put them to good use. How much homework you guys getting, and how many classes per day?

If not, then I'll prob just see if I can chill with kaelen or tim.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
Who is free Monday afternoon and Tuesday? I only work 9-12 those days and I wanna put them to good use. How much homework you guys getting, and how many classes per day?

If not, then I'll prob just see if I can chill with kaelen or tim.
you should totally practice bb during that time.

Top Bottom