• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting thing with tap jump turned off

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Hey um, I'm not a peach main or anything, I just found something a few days ago while screwing around with her in training mode. I have tap jump turned off for my profile, and I noticed it has some weird properties. If you hold up any time during Peach's jump, she will start floating.

You can float around by slightly tilting left and right but when it's like that it's hard to pull of aerials while still floating. So I then figured that I could just hold X as soon as I press up, then let go, and I'll continue floating, able to do any aerial easily with good control.

So, instead of short hopping and immediately secondary jumping to float or full hopping and holding jump to float like I'm sure many peach mains are, just short hop -> jam up on the control stick -> hold X or Y (whichever your jump button is) and let go of up and you're floating low to the ground quickly and easily.

You can also short hop and fast fall into the auto-float or whatever this should be called, so you're hovering barely above the ground.

Also, sorry if this has already been discovered. I'm not too into the peach crowd.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Um, or you can jump, press down to immediately start your float, and hold X or Y to continue floating. : S

Arashi

Smash Cadet
This actually answers some questions I had about Peach's levatation. Thanks!

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
Actually you can hold down first THEN press jump. That's the way I prefer to do it.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I'd rather have tap jump on. I jump with the stick when I don't intend to autofloat (or am playing another character)

Top Bottom