• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting [new] desync?

Bibli_Blek

Smash Rookie
For a long time I've been searching for a way to make desyncing with ice climbers, well, useful. Because to be quite frank most desync techniques are either entirely situational or are too slow to be truly viable. Long story short, when I was ******* around with turnaround desyncs (naa jab popo f-tilt, popo dash attack nana f-smash) I found that you can turn around and f-smash with Nana in either direction without having popo do anything but run. I've been messing around with this a bit annd here are some very general ses for it.
Wavedashing in then running the opposite way to start the desync drastically shortens the distance Popo runs, which helps you stay closer to Nana. You can do a dash dance after the initial run to try and catch your opponent when they react to the f-smash. This is also useful because the majorty of other desyncs that involve Nana f-smashing require you to retreat. Alternatively you can charge the smash attack, but you would need to press either z or a to do so, making Popo do a thing. The best solution I've found is to jump cancel grab with Popo so that you stay close to Nana and have less lag, maybe you can pivot with Popo and press a without him doing anything, I wouldn't know. Until then jc grab is the best option. Overall this desync is something I hope people acknowledge and learn if they haven't already, because it is a hard to punish approach and retreat option that I feel could work wonders for the Ics. Feel free to notify me about anything you find if you can. I only found out about this extremely recently and I'm sure there's something I glazed over. Good luck, and may your Ice Climbers be forever freed.

Last edited:

tauKhan

Smash Lord
I believe this desynch, smash turn -> dash -> nana fsmash to be precise, is well known. I'm not good at all with the climbers, but it feels pretty powerful desync to me.

The desync works because dash out of smash turn is slightly different than dash forward. In this case, fsmash can be done on frames 1-3 of dash forward, but it cannot be done at all out of dash from turn. Because nana doesn't smash turn, but simply changes orientation when popo turns, she dashes forward and can fsmash while popo can't when dashing back.

Top Bottom