• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting Jump Glitch

ZonedOut

Smash Cadet
Disclaimer: I do not think that this is an advanced technique of any kind. I do not think it warrants intense study or in depth essays. It's practically useless in my eyes. Of course I am not that experienced and so have really no idea of what this could mean, other than the fact that it looks like a flashy way to do rising aerials. It may have been discovered before, oh well.

Watch this video.

Notice that occasionally yoshi performed a rising nair or uair without the little Double Jump circles appearing beneath his feet. What this means is that Yoshi canceled the entire jump and performed his aerial while retaining momentum. At first I thought that it was only do able with yoshi (due to his crazy DJ) but I soon discovered that it is possible with every single character.

I have only found one use for this however. It aids very slightly (very very very very slightly) in Link's recovery.

The button input is this:

Short hop or Full hop - (aerial if chosen) - Double Jump at nearly the same time as you execute an aerial.

If you did it correctly your char should bounce up into the air with an effect similiar to G&W's uair but with no jump frames of any kind. If you performed it incorrectly then your char will perform a falling aerial, perform a rising aerial with the DJ frames, or just jump. It's rather easy to get down and perform consistently.

Useful? No. Flashy and interesting? Yes.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Disclaimer: I do not think that this is an advanced technique of any kind. I do not think it warrants intense study or in depth essays. It's practically useless in my eyes. Of course I am not that experienced and so have really no idea of what this could mean, other than the fact that it looks like a flashy way to do rising aerials. It may have been discovered before, oh well.

Watch this video.

Notice that occasionally yoshi performed a rising nair or uair without the little Double Jump circles appearing beneath his feet. What this means is that Yoshi canceled the entire jump and performed his aerial while retaining momentum. At first I thought that it was only do able with yoshi (due to his crazy DJ) but I soon discovered that it is possible with every single character.

I have only found one use for this however. It aids very slightly (very very very very slightly) in Link's recovery.

The button input is this:

Short hop or Full hop - (aerial if chosen) - Double Jump at nearly the same time as you execute an aerial.

If you did it correctly your char should bounce up into the air with an effect similiar to G&W's uair but with no jump frames of any kind. If you performed it incorrectly then your char will perform a falling aerial, perform a rising aerial with the DJ frames, or just jump. It's rather easy to get down and perform consistently.

Useful? No. Flashy and interesting? Yes.
Nice. Dunno if it was found out previoulsy though

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I've known about this for a bit, my guess is that there's some sort of animation associated with double jumping, and doing an aerial cancels said animation and thus, no circles. But you still lose your second jump.

Zylar

Smash Ace
What he did was cancel the jumping animation altogether, kept the jumping momentum, while doing an aerial attack. That's slightly different than a "rising" aerial, because it is in the second jump, and the momentum keeps you going up. And it is FAR more noticable with yoshi. That's totally AWESOME! It takes the best parts of a jump and aerial attack (The momentum, and damage + hitback) and put it all into one! Awesomeness!!!

Top Bottom