• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting Concept I have. Is it possible though?

Twisted Joker

Smash Rookie
I'm currently undergoing this long process, but i assume it will take some time to get the hang of it. But I want to have multiple play-styles. Like, one match ill be passive, the next ill be super aggro, then another will be strictly bait-and-punish. something like that. There are two ways to do this. 1. Play multiple characters with contradicting play-styles, 2. Play one character with contradicting play-styles to mix up the game feel. I want to execute the Ladder, because it seems to be something that people don't really bother trying. Here's the thing, is it something that is possible to do? Or am i just going to be running down rabbit holes with this one?

What do, smashboards?

Marth Regalia

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4871-4228-5850
I would try to integrate all of those into one playstyle.

For example, if I'm playing someone and they're super aggro with no defense, I know how to exploit that.
If someone's really defensive, I can just Marth grab them and punish them.
But it someone's aggro, then defense, then bait-and-punish all in the same match, it keeps me on my toes and I have to adapt to that, which is very, very hard to do against certain characters.

You're gonna find one style that's dominant over the others, but when you integrate all styles of play into your style, you get a lot better.

What you are asking about I think will naturally come to pass as you play for a long time. With each passing moment in melee the situation you are dealing with changes very quickly. Who has overall advantages and control changes very quickly.

If you get grabbed by Marth you no longer have any options other than to pretty much attempt some feints. If you are Fox, you get 2nd jump, shine stall, fast falling aerial, aerial, sideB, or UpB. Oh, and simply drifting. Your playstyle at this point is to be evasive. While when you get the advantage off a hit you want to be aggressive. Though I mean aggressive in not giving your opponent the opportunity to recover to a position where they gain more options against you. You can be aggressive without actually attacking someone.

In this regard you will adopt multiple play-styles simply because you are choosing an appropriate actions to best respond to the new stimuli you are getting.

AirFair

Marth tho
I agree with the above. Adapting and adopting a different style as an option against your opponent is what separates a lot of the pros from the regular players.

Top Bottom