• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instructional Video Plans (requests?): b-sticking and recoil effects

Veril

Frame Savant
So I'm in Boston right now (thus no wii) but I decided to make a video showing off all the things you can do with Lucas's specials, b-sticking, recoil effects, etc. I realize that if I write out a bazillion page thread on this (almost) nobody will read it and I will have wasted my time (again) + I have enough to write about with Jigglypuff.

I was lurking a little bit the last few days (proAPC <3). Anyway I still see all the same questions that I tried to answer so many times in the past. Thus... PK-Flight (the video).

I'll probably come out with it by wednesday. It'll have:

normal, turnaround, b-reversed, wavebounced and reverse wavebounce (special...): pkf, psiM, PKFreeze, minimal lag pkf, lagless FH pkf, magnet pull, and zapjump.

I'll also have recoil chain demonstrations, recoil control, tech tricks, footstool pseudo-wavezaps, psi-m dashing and canceling, thundersliding, instant thunderslide, jump canceled specials, sweetspotting with magnet pull, item zapjumping, meteor canceling with zapjumps, and more.

I can just about guarantee that no matter who you are, at least one thing will be new to you. I'll try to explain how to perform some of the stuff without b-sticking as well.

If you have specific requests please post them here.

EDIT: Due to school and the presence of my little cousin, this is gonna be delayed till next week

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
EDIT: I will.

O.o You'll be a tough one. I'll try. I think I can do it :)

I'm sure you can't have seen everything I listed... If you have I'll need to do something really crazy.
You'd impress everyone if you could include some footage of that hawk you found in your basement. Good ol' Omelette... I wonder how it's doing.

Can't wait to see this, though. My Lucas is pretty basic when I compare it to a lot of others I've seen lately.

c3gill

Smash Ace
I would like to see a video (and some numbers) that showcases how effective PSI Magnet is when used as an attack. If your doing all these zapjumping and Mag Pulling anyway, it could be easy to incorporate.

The only Lucas I have watched that "regularly" uses PSI Magnet as an attack is prOAPC..... maybe if you can throw out some useful info it could become more widely used? or more uses could be found for it. Regardless, I think it needs to be looked into more, and your video could be a great time to do it.

Veril

Frame Savant
I would like to see a video (and some numbers) that showcases how effective PSI Magnet is when used as an attack. If your doing all these zapjumping and Mag Pulling anyway, it could be easy to incorporate.

The only Lucas I have watched that "regularly" uses PSI Magnet as an attack is prOAPC..... maybe if you can throw out some useful info it could become more widely used? or more uses could be found for it. Regardless, I think it needs to be looked into more, and your video could be a great time to do it.
Psi-M isn't a very good attack. I will have various psi-m tricks and I'll try to incorporate offensive psim.

No Numbers though. Tyr's guide has all that stuff.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I've released PSI Magnet while flying through of an opponent while Magnet Pulling for a KO. Granted he was a newb, but still. Might give you an idea.

Irsic

Smash Ace
PsiM is a good attack, but it's hard to pull off and easily punished. You need to know the situations in which to use it.

For some reason I tend to use it the most against Lucario players.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
PsiM is a good attack, and I use it often. I use it against Pikachu players the most, cuz Pika's projectile attacks are more predictable and easier to absorb than Lucario's imo.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
variations of lagless FH PK Fire, like FH Magnet Pull and double dair, how to go in both directions with Magnet Pull, wavezap, tips to get free from grab-release chain grabs and give us something new like SHPKF (short hop pk fire) :D

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i've been working on an instructional video that i started about a month ago, and it has alot of the stuff u mentioned. .
maybe we can help eachother out, cuz i'm like 60% done

EDIT: actually, idc if u do this =]
i re-read your post, and it sounds alot more interesting. my video was really just based on Tyr's guide
but i can send you some clips if you'd like. i've been working on ways to make PSI-m more useful and i can send some stuff to you if you're interested

Veril

Frame Savant
It looks Like ToxiCrow and I are doing very different things. So no vid merging is planned.

The video is probably going to be split into multiple segments, since it looks like the beginner and intermediate sections are 5+ minutes.

Top Bottom