• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INSTAtransform?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I have no idea what the hell happened, but some time ago, I was playing on Smashville on a multibrawl (I can't remember if it was 3 or 4 players) as Zelda/Shiek, switching back and forth every so often, and one time, she instantly transformed in a single spin, COMPLETELY SKIPPING THE FLASH OF LIGHT NORMALLY. I have no idea how the hell this happened. I have no idea of any details around it, but I know one thing. It sure as hell happened, and I am absolutely baffled as to the cause.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Hm... This is quite odd.

However: The transformation time is the time it takes the Wii to load the other character. If for some reason the Wii had that character already loaded, the transform would be infinite. But simply switching back and forth quickly does not trigger this, as it un-loads the one character when it loads the other.

Was another character in your match Sheik/Zelda by any chance? I'm not sure if that'd do it, but it might.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea what the hell happened, but some time ago, I was playing on Smashville on a multibrawl (I can't remember if it was 3 or 4 players) as Zelda/Shiek, switching back and forth every so often, and one time, she instantly transformed in a single spin, COMPLETELY SKIPPING THE FLASH OF LIGHT NORMALLY. I have no idea how the hell this happened. I have no idea of any details around it, but I know one thing. It sure as hell happened, and I am absolutely baffled as to the cause.
Can you remember what you were doing at the time, were you trying to transform quickly, were you under pressure, who your opponents were?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Doesn't the animation get cut when you pause during it? Could that have happened?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Not true. A higher controller slot just means you have a higher transformation priority in the event two people want to transform at the same time. Actually check out the video description and comments.

DaWizard23

Smash Rookie
Load Times

Yes, if 3 or 4 Characters were Zelda or Sheik the Tranform time would have been cut dramaticly. If there is only one Zelda or Sheik the game has to load the char each time. But if one is already loaded you change faster. Its even noticable with just 2 Zelda/Sheiks on the field.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I find it hard to believe that when you transform, the length of the transformation varies according to how long it takes for the game to load the characters (but it might be true, I don't know). If it is the case, then why does it take less time to load the three Pokémon than to load Zelda; why does it take less time to load Zelda than to load Sheik?
And as for this instant transformation: when you post something like this, you should provide video evidence. It's much easy to do so in Brawl, as you have the match recording feature. Unless one's match is approaching or over 3 minutes in length, when one discovers something that could potentially be big in a friendly, it's best to just start suiciding (as to ensure that the match doesn't go over three minutes), save it, then record the saved match to upload.

Edit: Actually, after testing it out in training mode. When there's 1 computer Zelda, my transformation to Zelda is was less, almost instant. When there's a computer Sheik, though, my transformation to Sheik looks the same.

Edit 2: Actually, I don't know anymore... :confused: It seems to vary every time. I even waited instead of transforming rapidly to see if that would make the time slower, but it doesn't seem to be consistent. The only thing consistent is the fact that the transformation to Zelda is faster than the tranformation to Sheik. :ohwell:

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
What the edge?? Many moves are cancelled by the edge, do u think perhaps Shieks transform can be edge cancelled??? i'm gonna try it out

salaboB

Smash Champion
Edit: Actually, after testing it out in training mode. When there's 1 computer Zelda, my transformation to Zelda is was less, almost instant. When there's a computer Sheik, though, my transformation to Sheik looks the same.

Edit 2: Actually, I don't know anymore... :confused: It seems to vary every time. I even waited instead of transforming rapidly to see if that would make the time slower, but it doesn't seem to be consistent. The only thing consistent is the fact that the transformation to Zelda is faster than the tranformation to Sheik. :ohwell:
Don't you love an underpowered console that has to have gameplay impacting optimizations to run smoothly...

On the PT trainer question earlier, PT trainer is more focused on rapid switching than Zelda, so I'd guess they have the next Pokemon partially loaded already to make it go faster.

Krii

Smash Journeyman
actually this is advantageous in a ditto with 2 zelda's

For instance if player A were Zelda and player B were Shiek, than player A could instantly transform into Shiek and vice versa because the second character is already the character being loaded thus the loading time for the second character can be bi-passed. That's the constituant though, One person MUST be the character that the transforming character is turning into. Otherwise you get the long transformation.

Try it out yourself, just have a team battle and transform back and fourth and youll notice the drastic change in transform interval.

Top Bottom