• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inspiring/Mood Quotes

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
What are some inspiring quotes that appeal to you? Was thinking about this recently since things have been a weee bit bumpy. What makes you happy?

Mmrmrr~:053:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
My favorite quotes are of course from Charlie Chaplin. But if I had to choose one, I would choose this one :

“My pain may be the reason for somebody's laugh.
But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody's pain.”

electricSprites

Smash Rookie
NNID
alphryd
3DS FC
2294-4781-6234
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
- Bob Marley

I listen to music, a lot of music,different genres and everything, and this quote is 100% accurate.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
My favorite quotes are of course from Charlie Chaplin. But if I had to choose one, I would choose this one :

“My pain may be the reason for somebody's laugh.
But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody's pain.”
Well said. No wonder it's your favorite quote. Charlie Chaplin was a lot smarter than people took him for. I'll remember this one~

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
- Bob Marley

I listen to music, a lot of music,different genres and everything, and this quote is 100% accurate.
Music is great. Personalized to your taste and such. I like how it helps acknowledge your feelings when the world struggles to.

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
"The important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win, but to take part; the important thing in life is not triumph, but the struggle; the essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well. To spread these principles is to build up a strong and more valiant and, above all, more scrupulous and more generous humanity." -Pierre de Coubertin.

I try to live by this quote.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
- Antoine de Saint Exupery

This quote is the quote i live by, as both an educator, and a smash community leader and TO.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I went to a college tour with my baby sister, and we sat in on a mock lecture. His best advice was something like this: "Creating connections is going to be what most likely affects your success."

He said that going to college, a place full of strangers, is going to go the best for you when you can create the most connections with people and build yourself a sense of belonging. He encouraged relationships with students, with professors, anything that creates connections. I thought that was very spot on, and something that applies to every where. Smash, school, clubs, family. Work on building connections.

I love this thread, btw.

Riggy Rascal

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2363-5630-4667
I got a motivational poster-type thing of a Charles Dickens quote tacked on my bedroom wall.
"Reflect upon your blessings, of which every man has plenty, not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."

I try to think of this and apply it to most aspects of my life; putting the memories of my wins before my losses in games, academics, family life, and pretty much anything else. Motivates me to try to find more blessings, so that I only really have them to think about.

Edit: F-For real?! Can't even say dude's name?!

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"Who knows who you are… A person is a novel: you don't know how it will end until the very last page. Otherwise, it wouldn't be worth reading to the very end…"

I-330, We, Yevgeny Zamyatin

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Loving the quotes everyone is drumming up. It's nice to see an interest that isn't skin deep.

It would be fun to make a list~

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
"Do what you love, follow your heart, do what expresses the love you have for life."

-Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario

Top Bottom