• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I like your smash attacks and would probably suggest something similar. I'm not a fan of the down b turning into a squid. I think the squid should be used for a dash attack and maybe a spot dodge/roll. If they really want something unique, inkling could sink into the ground whenever the down direction is held on the controller instead of ducking.

That up B is interesting. It's true to the game but I'm not sure how I feel about it. Sounds like DDD's up B on the way up. I'm guessing it would have a weak hit? Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize Inkling should recover with some form of the super jump. It's almost too obvious.

Maybe your suggested B move would work better as a down B like others suggested for grenades.

Last thing. They should have the stay fresh pose as a taunt.

Looking forward to the rest as well as what others have to say/propose for move sets
Ooh a unique crouch would be really cool. I try and make sure the neutral B is something that Kirby can copy to some extent so that is why I went with grenades.
I was arguing between having Down B be ink mines or have down B lay out up to 3 squid beakons and then the inklings up B will super jump to them either in order of how they were placed or in what direction you were pressing. It could give you some massive stage control but it would be kind of worthless on small flat stages.

Also perfect taunt.
Their idle animations are already made too- the normal in game idle wiggle mixed with the way they check out their guns in the shop.

I feel like the inklings should have some focus on stage changing control like their origin game and I am still thinking about a cool gimmick for that.

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Will edit later- any suggestions? I am going out for a bit before trying and finish this.

Gimmick: Ink sprayed stays on the stage for several seconds. Neutral B and Down B work together to use and refill ink, but you can choose to wait a bit for ink grenades to be usable again. No other move uses the ink meter. Ink has a very low chance of causing tripping.

A: Ink brush slap. Hit A multiple times to continue slapping with the ink brush.

Ftilt: Splattershot. Can be held for continuous shots.
Utilt:
Dtilt: Suction Bomb.

Dash Attack: Slap the roller down and roll forward.

Usmash: Blaster shot. Charging will make a larger end explosion.
Fsmash: Charger shot. Charging will make it shoot out further.
Dsmash: Slap the Roller down. Charging it will make the roller have a longer splash range.

Nair:
Uair:
Fair:
Bair:
Dair:

Grab:

Pummel: Throw a quick succession of splat bombs straight down on the victim. (Every play against an E-liter? this is how they deal with close targets.)

Fthrow:
Bthrow:
Uthrow:
Dthrow:

B: Throws an ink grenade in an arc when tapped, but if you hold it you will roll the ink grenade along the ground which will cause it to detonate faster. You must wait a small amount after using the move before you can use it again so the ink can 'recharge.' A light on top of the canister on their back will flash when they can throw ink grenades again, just like in Splatoon.

Side B:

Up B: First time it is used (on the ground) it will place down a squid beakon (It has about double the HP of Villager's tree) and second time it is used the inkling will super jump to squid beakon. If used in the air prior to placing a squid beakon you will jump straight up and wont have any vertical motion until free fall (Like super jumping to the spawn point while you are standing in the spawn point in Splatoon.) Offers a lot of super armor but has some lag upon landing similar to how in Splatoon you are invincible during the super jump but it is easy to tell where you will land and easy to kill someone upon them landing.

Down B: Turn into squid form and hide in any ink on stage and move. This move will also refill ink faster.

Final smash: Inkstrike or Inkzooka?

Taunt 1: The 'Booyah' rally cry and fist bump.
Taunt 2: The 'C'mon' cry and animation.
Taunt 3: Win animation for the shooter class. Toss your gun up and grab it in air.
I completely forgot to make the Inklings have a button or button combo to turn into a squid besides up B, huuuhhhhh. I can edit these into the site when you finish!

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Now that I'm back to my Wii U I've been playing Splatoon quite a bit. Add me to the support. I'd really like to see the Inkling make it in as a full fledged fighter.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
One of my online taunts in smash 4 is splatatatatatoon. So whenever I get a nice Kill with DDD I use his down taunt. Basically, DDD spins around patting his stomach which matches the splatatatoon text. Has yet to get old for me

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Easter Egg:

- You're playing 8-Player Smash in two teams of four players each.
- There's at least one Inkling in each team.
- Timed battle. Match didn't go to Sudden Death.
- Playing in a Splatoon-themed stage.

If all these conditions are fulfilled, the winning screen plays like this: Both teams appear in full facing each other while in their idle stances. Judd the Cat appears in between the two teams, and a bar starts filling from each side in the bottom of the screen, representing the two team colors. After a couple of seconds of deliberation, Judd pulls a flag of the winning team's color, declaring the winning team. Every character gets a unique winning and losing animation for the sake of this Easter Egg, triggered when the winning team is revealed.

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Easter Egg:

- You're playing 8-Player Smash in two teams of four players each.
- There's at least one Inkling in each team.
- Timed battle. Match didn't go to Sudden Death.
- Playing in a Splatoon-themed stage.

If all these conditions are fulfilled, the winning screen plays like this: Both teams appear in full facing each other while in their idle stances. Judd the Cat appears in between the two teams, and a bar starts filling from each side in the bottom of the screen, representing the two team colors. After a couple of seconds of deliberation, Judd pulls a flag of the winning team's color, declaring the winning team. Every character gets a unique winning and losing animation for the sake of this Easter Egg, triggered when the winning team is revealed.
That's a lot of data of a DLC fighter, I like it!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

This the one?
Yes, that's the one.

You should get it, its great.
I really wish I could, but I've been on budget lately since I've started this new job. So I'm probably going to build my savings for the rest of the summer.

It would be a miracle if anyone could give it to me as a birthday gift this Friday, parents or girlfriend. :(

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I wrote a post about if dogs win the splatfest then Inklings will make it into smash. That got a few yeahs

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That moment when there were Splatoon outfits in Style Savvy 3 around the same week Splatoon would be internationally released.

Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 12.04.31 PM.png

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Do the amiibo give you those outfits? I didn't know they were used in other games
I just double checked and it looks like I was wrong, it looks like it was a spot-pass... well, I still like the Amiibo, but that kinda defeats part of my reasoning for buying them... of course they still need to announce Style Savvy 3, and they still may make it Amiibo based in the western version.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Guys, there's a Pokémon easter egg in Splatoon!
During the stage news thing with Callie and Marie, they got to Moray Towers and Marie said something along the lines of "chargers are the very best, like no gun ever was."

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Guys, there's a Pokémon easter egg in Splatoon!
During the stage news thing with Callie and Marie, they got to Moray Towers and Marie said something along the lines of "chargers are the very best, like no gun ever was."
They mention super effective too right?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Then Remoraid is Moe.
"NERD ALERT!"
-Which, by logic means Corsola is Annie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom