• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

D

Deleted member

I would also like to be included on the list,i recently bought Splatoon and i am linkling it so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Welcome to the Inkling support thread! (we don't have a fancy video like the K Rool thread but we should though. Maybe a gif of the squid sisters do the fresh pose).
Well, we can work on it! The Roy support thread had a site and a Facebook group, we just need to work a bit harder! I believe in everyone here! I'll go ahead and advertise in the Facebook group real quick!

Uh, edit:

I just made a Miiverse post for the Inklings just to show I wouldn't mind to work with you guys!: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkQEI2q9g

Also, I don't think it matters but when Roy was announced, I took all of my Miiverse related posts about Roy and put them in a slideshow. It shows I'm really dedicated to a movement for a character!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiuwBSskOxc

Forgot to mention, during the video, I had made references to "The Last Melee Muskateer". That was a a name of an old Roy support thread here, but was changed to Lycia Alliance. Then that was closed too.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Team Roller Coaster, or Team Water Slides? I wonder how an Inkling would be able to survive a water slide ride in the first place, since their ink and dissolve in water... I've never been on a Roller Coaster myself, though I've been on mini-water slides myself. I guess I'll go with that side. By the way, is this for Europe and Australia too, or does all the regions participate in this Splatfest?

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Uh, kinda odd question, but uh, are you guys taking this seriously? Well, everyone is basically just talking about Splatoon only around here. I'd love to work with you guys, but no one is really helping out as far as I've seen. sorry.

Edit: OH MY GOSH. Outside of Smash Roy support, I actually got 47 yeahs on my recent Miiverse drawing! I don't know if it was you guys or not, but om this was the best! Thank you everyone!

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'm probably just going to pick the side that seems the most popular since picking Team Cats didn't work out for me last time around despite the team ultimately winning more battles... I'm a fan of both Water Slides and Roller Coasters anyway.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Uh, kinda odd question, but uh, are you guys taking this seriously? Well, everyone is basically just talking about Splatoon only around here. I'd love to work with you guys, but no one is really helping out as far as I've seen. sorry.

Edit: OH MY GOSH. Outside of Smash Roy support, I actually got 47 yeahs on my recent Miiverse drawing! I don't know if it was you guys or not, but om this was the best! Thank you everyone!
Yes, we are taking the Inklings seriously as an idea for Smash DLC. There's not really much to talk about besides Splatoon. We've discussed the hell out of movesets, costumes, other things in their series getting in the game, stage ideas. There's not much big, new info to talk about really.

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Yes, we are taking the Inklings seriously as an idea for Smash DLC. There's not really much to talk about besides Splatoon. We've discussed the hell out of movesets, costumes, other things in their series getting in the game, stage ideas. There's not much big, new info to talk about really.
Well, we can put those ideas into a site? We do only have a months time to do anything, but I believe like how the Kremlings have or how The Royvolution had/has a site, we can try to pull the same thing too. I'd advertise that site anywhere, like how I did with The Royvolution site, I'd put that thing anywhere. I guess I'm just used to supporting people and being supported when we did something as a collective. I'd totally put the The Royvolution site here but I don't know if that counts as advertising.

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
So, I made a moveset for the Inklings.

Description:
The Inklings are incredibly important to Nintendo’s current status. Splatoon managed to do amazingly well at launch and is easily the most creative shooter to have come out in recent times (I’m looking at you, Call of Duty.). That said, it should get more representation than having the playable characters relegated to mere Mii costumes. The Inklings are playable in both their female and male forms, with different clothes and hair acting as their costumes.

Gimmick: Ink: Splatoon’s gameplay is heavily centered around the concept of ink, with the flagship mode’s objective being to cover the map with as much of your team’s color ink as possible. The Smash variant of the Inkling will attempt to replicate this as much as possible, by including an Ink Meter (caps at 200 “ink points") as well as ink remaining on the ground and playing into its recovery and specials. Ink on the ground is indicated by a small glowing line on the ground when the camera angle blocks the visibility of the ground on stages such as The Great Cave Offensive. Normally, on stages like Battlefield, the camera angle will just tilt toward the screen slightly. Ink decays 30 seconds after it is placed down.

Specials:

Neutral: Splattershot: The Inkling fires its Splattershot, spraying a stream of Ink along the ground. Deals 1% per hit, but the spray is rapid fire. Does no knockback. Will consume 1 ink point per shot.

Custom 1: Aerospray MG: Replaces the model of the Splattershot with that of the Aerospray. Has a much higher fire rate, but uses 5 ink per shot instead of 1.

Custom 2: .52 Gal: Replaces the model of the Splattershot with that of the .52 Gal. Covers much more ink and does more damage, but the fire rate is much lower and it uses 3 ink instead of 1 per shot.

Side: Swim: The Inkling becomes a squid, sending them a small distance horizontally and allowing them to swim through ink at twice their dash speed. Swimming through ground with ink sprayed on it will refill your Ink Meter by 10 points per second. Normally, ink will refill at 3 points per second while in kid form. Has minuscule end lag, allowing you to perform an action out of the move near instantaneously.

Custom 1: Ninja Squid: Become invisible when becoming a squid. However, ink you swim through decays at twice the normal rate and you travel at only 1.5 times the speed of a dash.

Custom 2: Swim Speed Up: Swim at 2.5 times the speed of a dash, but you take more damage as a squid and there’s slightly more end lag.

Up: Super Jump: The Inkling becomes a squid and charges up to jump like in their home game. While charging, an arrow appears that allows you to select your trajectory. The height is set, but you can go quite far horizontally as well. Has extremely high end lag if you don’t land in your own ink. Landing in your own ink causes you to have next to no end lag. Be sure to set some ink down near the ledge! (Also, hitting a wall or the bottom of the stage causes the move to cancel and you are sent into a helpless state. It cancels instantaneously if the bottom of the stage is covered in your own ink as though you teched, allowing you to jump again to get to the ledge.)

Custom 1: Stealth Super Jump: No arrow comes up during the charge, and you can change your trajectory mid-flight.

Custom 2: Quick Super Jump: You travel much faster, but your height is reduced. Your horizontal distance is increased, though.

Down: Splat Bomb: An ink bomb is dropped onto the stage that explodes after a 3 second timer. Deals 10% damage, does moderate knockback, and covers the stage in ink over a wide radius. Uses 10 ink.

Custom 1: Disruptor: Throws a bomb that explodes instantaneously and uses 5 ink, but deals no damage. Rather, it slows the enemy down.

Custom 2: Seeker: Throws down a Seeker that uses 20 ink, but travels across the whole stage, including underneath it if it reaches an edge, and spreads ink in its wake. Explodes if it hits something for 20% damage.

Grounded Attacks:

Jab: A 3 hit combo. The Inkling punches, kicks, then does a pistol whip.

F-tilt: A strike with the Inkbrush. Can be used while moving forward and does 4% with each strike. Also spreads ink at a 45 degree downward angle if any ink remains in the meter. Uses 4 ink per swing when spreading ink, and doesn’t use any when no ink is left.

D-tilt: The Inkling becomes a squid and swims in a circle. Does 8% damage and trips the opponent.

U-tilt: The Inkling swings their gun in an arc above their head. 6% damage and little knockback.

F-smash: The Inkling whips out the Splat Charger and fires in a straight line. Does VERY little damage and knockback for a smash attack, doing 9% damage at full charge. However, it spreads ink like crazy, spanning the whole stage at full charge. Uses 50 ink and does nothing when the Ink Meter’s empty, leaving the Inkling with a shocked expression.

D-Smash: The Inkling whips out a Dynamo Roller and does a massive downward swing. Does 30% damage and high knockback at full charge, spreads ink about 3 Bowsers in length in front of the Inkling, and reflects projectiles. Uses 100 ink.

U-Smash: The Inkling throws several Burst Bombs in a fan pattern. The bombs explode on contact and do 10% damage each. Uses 30 ink.

Aerials:

N-air: The Inkling does a little spin with their arms extended. Does 10% damage and moderate knockback.

F-air: The Inkling becomes a squid and does a roll, before becoming a kid again. This is a multi-hit move, doing 3 damage per hit and 5 damage and high knockback on the final hit. Does 17% damage total.

B-air: The Inkling becomes a squid and pushes back with its tentacles. 16% damage and moderate knockback.

U-air: The Inkling uses their gun to fire ink in a fan pattern upward. Does 3% damage per ink glob that hits and uses 30 ink.

D-air: The Inkling throws a Burst Bomb downward, spiking airborne opponents. Uses 20 ink.

Grab and throws:

Grab: The Inkling turns around and becomes a squid, grabbing the opponent with its tentacles.

Pummel: The Inkling Squid squeezes the opponent with its tentacles, dealing 2% damage.

F-throw: The Inkling becomes a kid and throws the opponent forward, dealing 14% damage and little knockback.

B-throw: The Inkling, in squid form, suplexes the opponent backwards, dealing 19% damage and high knockback. Kills at over 120% and has high endlag on the transformation into kid form.

D-throw: The Inkling drills into the opponent as a squid, knocking them parallel to the stage and dealing 23% damage.

U-throw: The Inkling becomes a kid and fires their gun rapid-fire at the opponent point blank. Deals 33% damage and has very little knockback. Uses 70 ink.

Final Smash: Inkstrike: The Inkling summons a missile that sprays a huge amount of ink onto the arena. Deals 2% damage per hit for a total of 50%.

EDIT: Also, add me to the support list.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
After playing Splatoon I had to change some ballot votes for Inkling. Add me to the list. Thanks.

Inkling is a lock for the next smash game if DLC doesn't work in their favor

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Yo uh guys, I just want to ask if you guys want to make a site to support the Inklings. Like how the Kremlings have one, we can totally make one, right? I'd be down for making one.

Edit: I really don't like the double posting rule, (unless I read them wrong) But heeeey, new Miiverse posting with the Inklings!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkQbn39vQ Drawing the eyes always makes me cry.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I boot up Splatoon after a day of study and Smashing to play on Moray Towers (Think it has potential as a stage for the Inklings?), Europe and Australia get their next Splatfest! The theme is: Eating VS Sleeping. I'm going with Team Sleeping, since that's what I'll be doing post HSC Exams.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
What stage should go along with the Inkling's inclusion? If we only had one choice, what stage would fit the bill?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
How would the stage work? Something like Lumoise City?
I think that would work like that. Go around to the tower, then to the back alley with Spyke in the background, then in front of the shops, then in front of Squid Sisters studio, then finally maybe in front of the tower so we get to see Cap'n Cuttlefish. This loops.

btw when they go to the tower the first time, its a view of the entire tower and in the air. This way you get to see the Zapfish.

Yo uh guys, I just want to ask if you guys want to make a site to support the Inklings. Like how the Kremlings have one, we can totally make one, right? I'd be down for making one.

Edit: I really don't like the double posting rule, (unless I read them wrong) But heeeey, new Miiverse posting with the Inklings!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkQbn39vQ Drawing the eyes always makes me cry.
You could make one if you want. I mean there's other ways to promote Inkling like social media accounts.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
I'd love Inklings in Smash, but I have concerns about their viability on the 3DS.

For one, they'd have to be able to become Squids, and thus be a psudo-transforming character. From what we've read, they couldn't get transformers to work, and going by Brawl loading times, it's unlikely they'd have it be a smooth transition like we'd expect from Inklings. Of course, the squids might be able to be simple, with one or two basic joints and maybe an FPS hit a la Pikmin.

And then...there's the problem of Ink. They'd have to be able to make a lot of it. Maybe some sort of upper limit, or have old ink fade when new ink is added, but....that does seem like a pretty big thing for the 3DS to handle, especially when you have 4 Inklings. We can have 4 projectile spammers at one time, but...well, the ink would have to stay. Not sure how that would effect performance.

Count me as a supporter....I'd love them, and I have no doubt that we'll get them in a later game if we don't get them here....just think of me as a cynical supporter.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
When I first heard of the idea of a playable Inkling, I was strongly opposed, even after playing and loving Splatoon. However, the more I think about it, the more I warmed up to it. I see them as pretty likely, what with their popularity and relevence across the globe. Sign me up on the supporters list for these fresh squid kids.

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
I'd love Inklings in Smash, but I have concerns about their viability on the 3DS.

For one, they'd have to be able to become Squids, and thus be a psudo-transforming character. From what we've read, they couldn't get transformers to work, and going by Brawl loading times, it's unlikely they'd have it be a smooth transition like we'd expect from Inklings. Of course, the squids might be able to be simple, with one or two basic joints and maybe an FPS hit a la Pikmin.

And then...there's the problem of Ink. They'd have to be able to make a lot of it. Maybe some sort of upper limit, or have old ink fade when new ink is added, but....that does seem like a pretty big thing for the 3DS to handle, especially when you have four Inklings. We can have 4 projectile spammers at one time, but...well, the ink would have to stay. Not sure how that would effect performance.

Count me as a supporter....I'd love them, and I have no doubt that we'll get them in a later game if we don't get them here....just think of me as a cynical supporter.
Well it's the fact that Sakurai stated that the reason transformations were removed because the 3DS couldn't handle two different characters like Zelda/Sheik because they had different movesets. It's not like the Inklings can do anything while in Squid form anyways besides swim. On the other hand about the ink, I like to think about it like Villager's tree, only one can be planted but can handle 4 at the same time. They could limit it to only one ink spot but we'll have to wait and see

You could make one if you want. I mean there's other ways to promote Inkling like social media accounts.
Well, we can make an Inkling support over on Facebook and Twitter. I can totally make a site, I just need like everyone to pitch in ideas. I can just take stuff from older replies on this thread too if no one wants to pitch in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom