• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Have I ever told you guys that I want the Inklings to be in Smash?
I really want them to appear, so count me in as a supporter.
I mean, Splatoon is easily one of the top games for the Wii U. While the Wii U will be looked down as a failure, it will be remembered for being the console that gave birth to Splatoon.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Congratulations to Splatoon for hitting 1 million sales, here's hoping you get a sequel on the NX. It's not often you see a new IP from Nintendo this big.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Have I ever told you guys that I want the Inklings to be in Smash?
I really want them to appear, so count me in as a supporter.
I mean, Splatoon is easily one of the top games for the Wii U. While the Wii U will be looked down as a failure, it will be remembered for being the console that gave birth to Splatoon.

I really wish people would stop calling the Wii U a "failure". It's not their fault, In fact: it had the most quality games this generation... The only reason it's "failing" is because of people who eat up Call of Duty shovelware, which is all the PS4 and XBox One have to offer... It makes me question if we are "devolving" just at the thought. If anything those 2 consoles are what I consider the worst, and their community doesn't help one bit. ((I could make a list about why they both equally suck but I'll save that for another place or time.))

Also: "Lack of third party support"? First party can be better than Third Party. And hell, the games Nintendo puts out are quality. People like Gearbox and Activision can keep their games away from my console, please.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I really wish people would stop calling the Wii U a "failure". It's not their fault, In fact: it had the most quality games this generation... The only reason it's "failing" is because of people who eat up Call of Duty shovelware, which is all the PS4 and XBox One have to offer... It makes me question if we are "devolving" just at the thought. If anything those 2 consoles are what I consider the worst, and their community doesn't help one bit. ((I could make a list about why they both equally suck but I'll save that for another place or time.))
Sorry.
It IS the worst selling Nintendo home console, unless you count the Virtual Boy.
That said, I'm just glad we got Splatoon. The Wii U easily deserved more sales just based on how high quality the software is.
I guess we have to blame the stupidity of the average consumer.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Sorry.
It IS the worst selling Nintendo home console, unless you count the Virtual Boy.
That said, I'm just glad we got Splatoon. It easily deserved more sales just based on how high quality the software is.
Doesn't mean it's not better [in quality terms] than the 2 consoles I mentioned of course (and always will be honestly... Why do people still like COD clones anyway? Remember when FPSes were good... Like Doom?)

...But anyways, I do hope a sequel for Splatoon becomes a launch title for the NX hopefully.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Doesn't mean it's not better [in quality terms] than the 2 consoles I mentioned of course (and always will be honestly... Why do people still like COD clones anyway? Remember when FPSes were good... Like Doom?)

...But anyways, I do hope a sequel for Splatoon becomes a launch title for the NX hopefully.
It's a shame that the Wii U didn't get good sales. It's got a lot of great games on it.
The marketing of the console is part of the reason why the Wii U isn't doing as well.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Sorry.
That said, I'm just glad we got Splatoon. The Wii U easily deserved more sales just based on how high quality the software is.
I guess we have to blame the stupidity of the average consumer.
Is the Virtual Boy a home console. Wasn't it supposed to be portable. I'm confused.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Honestly, I don't even know.
It's an abomination.
Does that describe the Virtual Boy nicely?
Yep, pretty well. It did have a Wario Land game on it though. I'm basically going to buy a Virtual Boy for that, the two Mario games, and to say I own a Virtual Boy.

Back to Splatoon and the Inklings, the new weapon launched tonight right, so how's it play?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yep, pretty well. It did have a Wario Land game on it though. I'm basically going to buy a Virtual Boy for that, the two Mario games, and to say I own a Virtual Boy.

Back to Splatoon and the Inklings, the new weapon launched tonight right, so how's it play?
Well, it plays like a blaster. Not much to say and I can't see it as a move for smash. I like it, but I can't see it used for smash.

Anyway, glad for the sales figures! Especially with it being comparable to NSMB, Mario Kart, and Smash!

It truly is amazing. I know it has been said quite a bit before, but I still find it hilarious how people are doubting Inklings for smash 4 because of how much of a shoe-in they are for smash 5. xD

Staarih

Smash Master
1 million for a Wii U game is really impressive, especially in such a short time. Way to go Splatoon! I bet it still keeps on growing and could probably break the 2 mil mark at some point with all the marketing and on-going content added. Definitely a title to look out for in the future as well. I'm very confident in Inkling making it in Smash at some point.

I've owned Splatoon from day one but I've been super busy and haven't been able to play it! Shame on me, I know. Will definitely get onto it this weekend though!

Last edited:

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
Just got Splatoon and I haven't had this much fun with a new Nintendo IP in a LOOOONG time!
Count me with the supporters!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm glad Ryu showed that we could still get a good amount of content for newcomers. So hopefully if something like Inklings were confirmed, we could get a new stage with a couple of remixed tracks! <3

Also, now that I actually have high quality versions of the song, there are a lot of gems that it's hard to notice the first time. Like the boss music and the Octoling music, (the versions that play in squidbeats), are really awesome. Would love to see remixes of those songs.

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad Ryu showed that we could still get a good amount of content for newcomers. So hopefully if something like Inklings were confirmed, we could get a new stage with a couple of remixed tracks! <3

Also, now that I actually have high quality versions of the song, there are a lot of gems that it's hard to notice the first time. Like the boss music and the Octoling music, (the versions that play in squidbeats), are really awesome. Would love to see remixes of those songs.
I thought it would be cool to have a stage (let's just say Inkopolis) that has a light show going on in the background that responds to the music that's playing on the stage. I think that coupled with the final boss second phase music would be awesome.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I thought it would be cool to have a stage (let's just say Inkopolis) that has a light show going on in the background that responds to the music that's playing on the stage. I think that coupled with the final boss second phase music would be awesome.
I'm personally pulling for octovally, since that area is incredibly pretty and lends itself better to a floating stage. With that said, if we were to get inkopolis, I would prefer to have the ability to for it to become splatfest.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
I'm personally pulling for octovally, since that area is incredibly pretty and lends itself better to a floating stage. With that said, if we were to get inkopolis, I would prefer to have the ability to for it to become splatfest.
If we get Octo Valley maybe we could press ZR+ZL on the stage we'll get Cap'n Cuttlefish and
the Squid Sisters
talking in the background!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
If we get Octo Valley maybe we could press ZR+ZL on the stage we'll get Cap'n Cuttlefish and
the Squid Sisters
talking in the background!
Yeah, thats also the idea. No matter the stage, I at least want some method to have the squid sisters talk. It probably won't be as good as the palutena's guidances and be more of a star fox type deal only having a couple scenarios, but it would still be cool.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
guys.... I feel like crap I saw 4 full hooks of splatoon amiibo I did not purchase any I when out to that same store and there are not single one left it was only because I did not have a wii u at the time q.q

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I just heard the news that this game sold over a million copies and all I have to say is congratulations! That is awesome news.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
If not in Smash 4, I hope they'll be in Smash 5 (on NX?)

Hahaha.... Like that will happen. ((I've been reading more things... And with Sakurai and his team still planning to put more characters before pulling the breaks fully I doubt there will be another one... Maybe just a port but that's it.))

Burruni

Smash Hero
Hahaha.... Like that will happen. ((I've been reading more things... And with Sakurai and his team still planning to put more characters before pulling the breaks fully I doubt there will be another one... Maybe just a port but that's it.))
They'll make a 5th.
Doubts are if Sakurai is going to direct it. Smash is too big to not get a sequel.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Yet when I hear something like that... I still look to Half Life 3 and a few other well-popularized games that are either being treated badly or not getting a sequel at at all. ((Like how Square considers "Dragon Quest dead in the west" apparently.))

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yet when I hear something like that... I still look to Half Life 3 and a few other well-popularized games that are either being treated badly or not getting a sequel at at all. ((Like how Square considers "Dragon Quest dead in the west" apparently.))
Brawl was announced before Sakurai was approached to make it.
Nintendo's only series to get cut off in spite of demand are when :4ness: the maker is done with the STORY, and :4falcon:when there's a BS delay saying that it won't work well with current controller set ups. :4samus: with some doldrums.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Nintendo loves their core franchises. Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, Etc. will probably continue to get sequels in the foreseeable future.

Brawl was announced before Sakurai was approached to make it.
Nintendo's only series to get cut off in spite of demand are when :4ness: the maker is done with the STORY, and :4falcon:when there's a BS delay saying that it won't work well with current controller set ups. :4samus: with some doldrums.
These also were never as large of series as the above so their demand... isn't comparable to if Smash or Zelda never got a sequel. Metroid gets sequels, it just isn't popular in Japan. Same goes with Mother outside of Japan until it's cult following began popularizing it. I kinda like how Mother ended as well.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
We keep telling you this, SMASH 5 WILL HAPPEN! Unless Nintendo doesn't want guaranteed money. Just like Splat2n will happen unless they don't want guaranteed money. If Sakurai doesn't want to make it, Nintendo will find another developer who will.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yeah, there is no reason for smash 5 not to happen. Especially with Sakurai saying his team can't be together for much longer, therefore having a limit to what they can put in left, meaning they will have to come together for a smash 5 in order to add content.

Smash 5 will also contain all the new stuff from all the new franchises we get that smash 4 couldn't get due to when it was launched. (Excluding Splatoon and Wooly stuff of course since those are very special cases. We already got cotent from those games and this is a thread supporting the inklings to be in smash after all).

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Worst move by Nintendo this year imo I am so pissed off
The CATS vs. DOGS Splatfest is back on!

Sorry for the delay—we experienced some…tentacle difficulties with the Splatfest matchmaking. The first Splatfest will now begin on July 4th at 12:00 AM PT and will end on July 4th at 11:59 PM PT. That’s 24 hours of pure patriotic splattitude! Celebrate your inkdependence with nighttime Turf War battles and fireworks!
DON'T HOLD YOUR NORTH AMERICAN SPLATFEST ON A DAY WHERE EVERBODY'S GONNA BE OUTSIDE OR ON A TRIP OR SOMETHING ELSE.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman

DON'T HOLD YOUR NORTH AMERICAN SPLATFEST ON A DAY WHERE EVERBODY'S GONNA BE OUTSIDE OR ON A TRIP OR SOMETHING ELSE.
I...just don't understand how they came about this decision. I mean granted I'm not going to be busy all of the 4th but I want a day where I can play Splatoon without having to worry about too much else to get higher ranks and such.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yeah, there is no reason for smash 5 not to happen. Especially with Sakurai saying his team can't be together for much longer, therefore having a limit to what they can put in left, meaning they will have to come together for a smash 5 in order to add content.

Smash 5 will also contain all the new stuff from all the new franchises we get that smash 4 couldn't get due to when it was launched. (Excluding Splatoon and Wooly stuff of course since those are very special cases. We already got cotent from those games and this is a thread supporting the inklings to be in smash after all).
It is just like the Pikmin trophies, the Animal Crossing trophies for NA and Europe, Roy as a playable character, Marth for NA and Europe, etc. in Melee. Not as well versed with stuff in Brawl before its release.

Better than being skipped in the first cycle of splatfests and having to wait till Japan got another one before we had our first.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Not sure if it was a hack or future content that's coming, but I would really love to see the Octolings become playable, I really like their designs. Even if they are pretty much reskinned Inklings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom