• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So new trailer. Doesn't show much, but it does reveal more of the paintbrush.

In fact, I think the paintbrush has been more redeemed. Instead of having a constant wide hitbox, it has a much wider attacking hitbox. This of course is in addition to the speed. I think the brush is suppose to be mainly for offense.

I think I'm still most excited about the "squiffer" though.

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
So new trailer. Doesn't show much, but it does reveal more of the paintbrush.

In fact, I think the paintbrush has been more redeemed. Instead of having a constant wide hitbox, it has a much wider attacking hitbox. This of course is in addition to the speed. I think the brush is suppose to be mainly for offense.

I think I'm still most excited about the "squiffer" though.
This would be a awesome custom side special if inkling was in smash, increased speed with range. I just need to make a pun out of this. THE SQUIFFER SQUEEPER!!!

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Uhhh...That implies negativity...what exactly happened that caused it to "crash."
Think it's referring to people saying that Splatoon won't let you play in private lobbies with friends. The original source article appears to merely be saying that you can't play with customized rulesets with friends, but you can play with them on default settings, which is an annoying limitation but not game-ruining like not being able to play with friends would be.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The Splatoon hype train has crashed
Think it's referring to people saying that Splatoon won't let you play in private lobbies with friends. The original source article appears to merely be saying that you can't play with customized rulesets with friends, but you can play with them on default settings, which is an annoying limitation but not game-ruining like not being able to play with friends would be.
So I went out and found one article:
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/splatoon-doesnt-feature-custom-match-types-for-online-friends/

I really only have one thing to say. This is poorly worded by a thousand miles. Let's look at the quote.

The last thing that stood out to us was user customization. Splatoon doesn’t offer custom match types with friends like Smash Bros. Specific user settings for look sensitivity controls can only be adjusted before (or after) a match. So if you’ve set one too high (or too low) you’ll have to jump out in order to make adjustments. It feels slightly backwards for an action shooter released in 2015.
"Like Smash bros," is the ultimate problem here. He could be saying Splatoon has custom match types while Smash bros does.

OR they could be saying that Splatoon isn't as customizable like Smash bros when it comes to friend matches.

Heck, it can even be implying Smash bros also doesn't have custom match types. :p

Honestly, they should have never included the "like smash bros" part without going into specifics. Leaving it out would've been if there wasn't a custom friend match thing for Splatoon. On the other hand, going into detail would help understand what exactly it is missing.

I'm just going to wait for the game to see what is apparently "missing."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's squid swimming up the sides...

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
What's with all the squids swimming around? Does Smashboards know something we don't?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Congrats on getting squids on the site! What's the next step in the plan?

wait it comes out this month?
jeez im behind.

If only I had the time to play so i could go get it :X

EDIT it says MAY 29th. not april :/

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Congrats on getting squids on the site! What's the next step in the plan?
Get them on the official sites of Nintendo or Smash Bros., of course!

Nonetheless, with there being noticable Japanese support despite people arguing that they're fairly reserved due to the game not being out yet (and it coming out soon anywhoo), I feel like our popularity has nowhere to go but up! Raise up the troops for the inkvasion!

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this was brought up, but I think the first 5 seconds of the win theme would be perfect for the Inkling's victory fanfare! What does everyone think?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this was brought up, but I think the first 5 seconds of the win theme would be perfect for the Inkling's victory fanfare! What does everyone think?

That music sounds awesome. It was so hyped. Should totally be the Inklings victory tune. Can't wait for the game for real though.

Just joined Squidboards. May apply to that moderator status because I have no chance on this site :p

Will probably preorder the game this weekend as I really want it.

as for Inklings I have a thing against supporting characters I havent played the game from but these guys/gals sure look unique so i'll be a quiet supporter. But once the game comes out ill probably wind up being 100% behind them. Good luck everyone.

Spyro839

Smash Cadet

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think that. I think that would be perfect

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I checked out the site it looks interesting. It seems pretty small for now, I assume when the game gets released that it would grow more. I'm going to sign up over the weekend.

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
With a splatoon Amiibo announced, the chances for Inkling making it into smash are rather high.

edit: add me to supporters list. lower priority than IC for me, but i think Inkling would be rather cool.

Last edited:

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
With a splatoon Amiibo announced, the chances for Inkling making it into smash are rather high.

edit: add me to supporters list. lower priority than IC for me, but i think Inkling would be rather cool.
I like the ice climbers also. Since the new 3DS has better hardware, Ice climbers have a better chance

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I like how a lot of people really want the Inkling in other places on the Internet. I've been searching through YouTube and a lot of people on other gaming channels think the Inkling has a good shot of being DLC. Most of them think if the game does really well, the Inkling would more than likely to get in. They're usually at the top of everyone's list for being the most likely choices.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
I love how they designed some of the weapons in this game

Also I think that splat zones being restricted to level 10 is a smart move, a shooter I still play to this day is Team Fortress 2 and in that game even if you just installed it you can enter gamemodes that are intended for "Expert players" and it causes a lot of problems at times, so I don't mind it being restricted unless it's stupidly easy to reach level 10.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The lack of voice chat and local multiplayer kinda punched my hype in the gut but I still can't wait for this game. I'm totally in love with the art style and I'm so glad this game seems to have taken off like it has. <3

It's just so refreshing to see EAD do something totally new for once, let alone something that is so close to the kinds of games I love aesthetic-wise like Jet Set Radio, TWEWY, and Sunset Overdrive. And while I personally can't stand FPSs due to their perspective and angle (it's just not for me) third-person shooters I have an affinity for, though I don't really play many of them nowadays.

Erg I wish it was the end of May already. :roll:

Last edited:
Top Bottom