• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Oh wait, you have to get the Amiibo to unlock the schoolgirl uniform.

Yay, I'll have to hunt down yet another rare one that I don't even want.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
For what it's worth (probably not a lot :p), I'm rooting for Inkling in spirit....even though I put my vote towards Isaac.

In a way it kind of feels like it's become kind of "with us or against us" since you can only vote for one character. It sucks. :/

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I was just kidding with the gif. I voted for Inkling but if I had put more thought into it, I might have voted for Dixie or even Ridley (lol) instead.

Also, I don't think Inkling's changes are that big even with the votation.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I was just kidding with the gif. I voted for Inkling but if I had put more thought into it, I might have voted for Dixie or even Ridley (lol) instead.

Also, I don't think Inkling's changes are that big even with the votation.
Oh don't worry, I was sure it was a joke!

As DLC, it's hard to evaluate a character chances. I personally believe in the Inklings chances, considering how Nintendo seems to love them.

I mean, having 3 amiibos of brand new characters, they must trust a lot their squids. With their originality and their kid-friendly guns, I believe that Sakurai can find them interesting.

Also, the direct proved that all of Splatoon musics so far are great.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
You are right, it is hard to evaluate characters chances. For once, I wasn't expecting Lucas to come back, but there he is. Nintendo does seem to be pushing Splatoon to be their next big game, but maybe the Inklings' time to shine in Smash won't come until the next game. Obviously, I hope that is not the case.

And yeah, Splatoon music is amazing. It reminds me of Jet Set Radio and music from old SEGA games in general :)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If I believe that inklings can become DLC, it's mainly because of the Yoshi Wooly World stage. It is a clear proof that we can have content from upcoming games.

I would also mention Skull Kid and the Oni Link because of Majora's Mask 3D, but it's a remake.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
If I believe that inklings can become DLC, it's mainly because of the Yoshi Wooly World stage. It is a clear proof that we can have content from upcoming games.

I would also mention Skull Kid and the Oni Link because of Majora's Mask 3D, but it's a remake.
Not to mention Roy himself from Melee was a walking advertisement for a Fire Emblem game that wasn't even out yet. I'm putting a lot of hope in getting Inkling as our next DLC character (of all possible newcomers, they'd be my most wanted, only rivaled by Wolf.)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Not to mention Roy himself from Melee was a walking advertisement for a Fire Emblem game that wasn't even out yet. I'm putting a lot of hope in getting Inkling as our next DLC character (of all possible newcomers, they'd be my most wanted, only rivaled by Wolf.)
Oh, right!

I always forget Roy (well, not with the :4roy: jokes). I never really liked him.

Also, Greninja is a bit like this, as he was selected before X/Y release.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Now that I have lost my chance to get my beloved Jigglypuff amiibo in addition to Rosalina previously, I'm really biting hard for the inkling set.

Nothing is going to get in my way...except having to go to school...and my mom having to go to work.

Basically everything.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I can't compete with those fancy polished sig icons, but I'll still make my own and share them anyway.

I like the simple look better.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Holy cow! I just realized the avatar I've been using was fan art made by a person who worked on Squid Girl!
https://twitter.com/masahiro_lemon/status/583503643422265345

As people know he made fanart of her in the past. Should've seen it sooner!

Speaking of seeing sooner, I need to actually watch Squid Girl one time.
Yeah they seem to really love Splatoon (This has been like what? the 20th work they have posted featuring the inklings? Also really soon to the reveal of the game/new costumes.) It's a silly and cute anime.

KLUTZNCUTZ

Smash Rookie
I am in full support of this. Also for all those people who say Splatoon is to new to get representation, Roy was in melee before he was in a Fire Emblem game.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the Inklings are in with a good chance. In terms of alts I think it will be like Robin where the only difference is one male and one female model

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think the Inklings are in with a good chance. In terms of alts I think it will be like Robin where the only difference is one male and one female model
I wish they get the little mac treatment, and have like 7 for the girls and 7 for the boys. And then throw in the Octoling as an alt, but only in it's original color.

Like, what they could do is base the 7 alts off of ROYGBIV. ROYGBIV for the girls and ROYGBIV for the boys.

Thats only a personal hope though. It's more likely we will get just 8.

Little mac thinks he is so special...

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I'll vote later for Inklings, if a new new IP had to be represented it'd better be them. Also splatoon amiibo, hello? Not a huge fan of amiibo's model quality but it'll be worth giving the orange girl inkling a try.

AnoA

Smash Cadet
I finally found this thread!!! Inklings for Smash!!! Yay!!! I'll be a full supporter of this chars!!!

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I would say the Squid amiibo is the best one, but this one takes the cake

Anyway, I have Splatooned my pants over hype a few times now and I want Inklings as DLC. They get one of my votes.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
For what it's worth (probably not a lot :p), I'm rooting for Inkling in spirit....even though I put my vote towards Isaac.

In a way it kind of feels like it's become kind of "with us or against us" since you can only vote for one character. It sucks. :/
You realize you can vote more than once, right?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would say the Squid amiibo is the best one, but this one takes the cake

Anyway, I have Splatooned my pants over hype a few times now and I want Inklings as DLC. They get one of my votes.

The Inking's face alone says how proud she is of you being hyped for her game and for supporting her inclusion in Smash.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You realize you can vote more than once, right?
It says on the website only to vote once. There's every chance they're only going to take the first vote from each IP address.

Not to mention if there's a penalty for people who vote more than once I'm not that keen on the possibility of sabotaging my vote for Isaac.

I guess I'll think on it some more, if I get access to another computer I may try it.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think it's fine if you vote 2 or 3 times. There may be IP adresses, but imagine two siblings who want to vote for two different characters, for example.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Welp, Amazon is my only chance at getting splatoon amiibos now.

The anxiety is almost too great for me. Knowing if I'm not right on top of it, I lose my chance forever makes me mad, sad, and just stressed out.

I mean, this is my last chance. AND I miss out on major content if I don't get them. I hate all of this.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It says on the website only to vote once. There's every chance they're only going to take the first vote from each IP address.

Not to mention if there's a penalty for people who vote more than once I'm not that keen on the possibility of sabotaging my vote for Isaac.

I guess I'll think on it some more, if I get access to another computer I may try it.
Give me the exact source of where they say that.

If you don't have a source all your doing is stifling voting.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So hey, I haven't been paying attention, are the Inkling amiibos ones that I'll never actually be able to find in stores, or will there actually be a decent supply of them?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So hey, I haven't been paying attention, are the Inkling amiibos ones that I'll never actually be able to find in stores, or will there actually be a decent supply of them?
Depends. what you mean. Though, I wouldn't risk it either way.

All the pre-orders are gone for best buy, but there is a chance they might make so if you show up on the day of it's release you could get one.

I myself am watching the amazon page for the amiibo set like a hawk. I even have an auto refresher.

There probably isn't going to be a decent supply of them to answer the overall question.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
You know, with 8-Player Smash, 4-on-4 Inkling battles could be had, just like in Splatoon itself. Maybe their hair and ink color could change to that of the team's, using pink or orange for red.

Just a thought.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Gotta get me an Inkling amiibo now. That schoolgirl outfit is too good to pass up on.

I'll see how the stocks are 'round here when they release, and if needs be, I'll get one or two extra for people who really, really need 'em.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Gotta get me an Inkling amiibo now. That schoolgirl outfit is too good to pass up on.

I'll see how the stocks are 'round here when they release, and if needs be, I'll get one or two extra for people who really, really need 'em.
Well, I'm going to have to wish you luck on getting them. So far, the NA amiibos have been treated awfully. I've been stalking the amazon page for the set because I find it a real possibility that once the pre-orders are gone, I may never be able to get one again unless I pay a huge price on ebay.

Now yes, it could be commom, but I honestly can't take that chance. If you live outside NA, you probably don't have to worry too much.

But man do I love how the amiibos look. Especially Inkling girl. I've also become more and more attached to Inkling Squid as I stalk the amiibo page.

Theres apparently multiple things you unlock through the amiibo missions. If the school girl uniform is any indication, I hope for more cute outfits. <3

Top Bottom