• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Trailer @ 60 fps if anyone is interested. So good.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yes, but a lot of people would disagree with that (Xenoblade is not only a niche game, but it also isn't universally loved like some believe). Baten Kaitos, Eternal Darkness, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, The Last Story, etc. Great games with merit to get playable characters. Where are they? Nowhere to be seen. Why? Because there is no future for those games/franchises. It is clear as a crystal that Shulk isn't in Smash solely because "merits".

It is also clear that Nintendo wants Splatoon to be a big hit.
Those franchises you mentioned weren't as critically acclaimed or as successful (in marketing) as Xenoblade. :p

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Those franchises you mentioned weren't as critically acclaimed or as successful (in marketing) as Xenoblade. :p
Yeah, you are kind of overestimating how critically acclaimed Xenoblade is. But okay, lets pretend Shulk is in Smash cuz merits

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Evil octopus loli character looks interesting too.

Could be an alt, since I'm guessing they could act as "the bad guys" in multiplayer. Either way, trailer really solidified my hopes for the game! And there were more HATS!! Get hyped for hats!!

Oh and, they added new artwork for the Inkling first shown in the Solo-Campaign mode. Could this be the new main Inkling?
In regards to all Splatoon designs, I believe that the Robot looking design will be an evil alt, the Campaign one will be another alternate in one color and the rest will be colors dividing evenly among male and female designs with colors.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That is just the way I see how Shulk was added as a character.
The roster was decided from the beginning (2012) of course. And I doubt Sakurai heard about Xenoblade Chronicles X when he was deciding the roster, it wouldn't have not heavily influenced his inclusion IMO.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The roster was decided from the beginning (2012) of course. And I doubt Sakurai heard about Xenoblade Chronicles X when he was deciding the roster, it wouldn't have not heavily influenced his inclusion IMO.
On behalf of the Inkling support thread, that is true about Shulk; however, Roy was added in Melee to promote his game and today's Nintendo seems to be heavy on advertising.

Nintendo knows that Super Smash Brothers characters get noticed and have their franchises checked out. Figuring that Nintendo is a business and would likely want Splatoon to start garnering a larger fanbase, they would likely add them as DLC to help promote the up coming game.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The male Inklings aren't as cool as the female ones. Wonder why...
Do you mean by general opinion/vote or the way you see it? Personally, I do not really like the Male Inkling designs and prefer the Female ones.

It could be because people want another Main Nintendo Heroine in an established and huge franchise and Inkling fits the bill.

Edit: Seeing as how the female design was the first one seen, that might have an effect on it as well.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think Shulk getting picked had to do more with what he could do rather than the performance of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Not to mention, I would criticize Sakurai for not looking into what Nintendo was developing for the future. That would be incredibly shortsighted on his part. But, that's basically been shown to be false, as he has a stage from a Yoshi game currently in development, and has stated in an article that he looks at games in development when deciding the Smash Bros. roster.

How this relates to Inklings, I'm not sure. I don't know why we have to compare them to a character already in Smash. Inklings are a decently popular choice and have a quite a bit to work with for a Smash moveset. I think they would be a great choice.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Xenoblade was just one game with incredible merits to get a playable character. :p
You don't have to tell me that! I've played it! :p

If the latest trailer is any indication, Splatoon could be showered with plenty of praise too. It's already got a lot of popularity and it isn't even near release yet.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Do you mean by general opinion/vote or the way you see it? Personally, I do not really like the Male Inkling designs and prefer the Female ones.

It could be because people want another Main Nintendo Heroine in an established and huge franchise and Inkling fits the bill.

Edit: Seeing as how the female design was the first one seen, that might have an effect on it as well.
The way I see it. It's nice to have a female Nintendo protagonist besides Samus that isn't the Villager. :p

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai probably did know about Xenoblade X when he chose Shulk considering the public found out about the game in Jan 2013 and he was in contact with Monolith over Shulk's inclusion the year before.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
A little random, but did anyone else notice that in the single player mode the Inklings are wearing these silver headpieces?
image.jpg

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
A little random, but did anyone else notice that in the single player mode the Inklings are wearing these silver headpieces?
View attachment 29119
I'm fairly certain that's just a customization option for your Inkling. That's a male Inkling, judging by the Samurai bun, so it wouldn't cover the adorable tentacle hair. However, you might always where them. I'd have to go watch the beginning of the new trailer again.

EDIT: I apologize and stand corrected. Inklings do always where them in Single Player. I think it's to add to the futuristic, almost dystopian aspect of the Single Player Campaign.

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
The Official Splatoon Twitter said that costume is "The Hero Suit" that is worn by the player character in Single player.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137589757&postcount=520

It could also make a good Smash alt, just saying Sakurai...
That's quite the awesome name! "Hero Suit." I like it! And Hero Mode? So that's the name of the Campaign. That means we have two modes with official names!
-Turf Wars
-Hero Mode
Also, I give bonus points for the freaking awesome basis! Seeing as he said "Squid Research Lab," do you guys think that a certain "Squid Research Lab" is relevant to Hero Mode's plot?
I theorize that the Squid Research Lab is an organization dedicated to eliminating the Octopus menace and ensuring the survival of the Inklings:p!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
That's quite the awesome name! "Hero Suit." I like it! And Hero Mode? So that's the name of the Campaign. That means we have two modes with official names!
-Turf Wars
-Hero Mode
Also, I give bonus points for the freaking awesome basis! Seeing as he said "Squid Research Lab," do you guys think that a certain "Squid Research Lab" is relevant to Hero Mode's plot?
I theorize that the Squid Research Lab is an organization dedicated to eliminating the Octopus menace and ensuring the survival of the Inklings:p!
I just wonder how the general universe works. Are Inklings and Octobots the only species? What's up with the sky? Why is everything so shiny?

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I wonder who the old man is in the trailer, what will he do in the campaign?

I personally think he might be the E. Gadd of this game, giving you advice, tools, and a mission to complete.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, technically speaking, since it appears to be mainly robotic with minimal organic parts, it can be assumed to lack sex organs. Therefore, it would be sexless, and therefore an "it." This makes it androgynous. However, because it is grammatically correct to refer to an androgyne as "it," "he," or "she," we are all correct, regardless of what gender-specific pronoun we use.
You say that but yet you call Mewtwo "he", when it is canonically a genderless creature. :4dedede:

But seriously, the design is quite feminine, so it is natural that a lot of people will call the octopus by feminine pronouns. It is what happens to other genderless (or with unconfirmed genders) characters like Fi (Zelda), Jigglypuff or even Greninja. I am fine with the octopus being male, female or genderless, it doesn't matter for me. Gender is such a pointless thing anyways
As a self-aware androgyne, I find these posts to be socially inclusive and well informed.

And no that is not sarcasm I'm being genuienly sincere about that.

I honestly completely forgot about the single-player mode until it was shown off in the trailer. My hype levels are being conception for our squiddy friends~

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I just wonder how the general universe works. Are Inklings and Octobots the only species? What's up with the sky? Why is everything so shiny?
I don't think that old man in the trailer was an inkling. There were also regular birds in the trailer.

I'm hoping the single player mode has some dialogue in it. (and not just a barebones "here's your mission, go do it.") It seems like the kind of game that could have really funny interactions.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Squid Research Lab: Investigation Report -1.26A. Filed: TOP SECRET
Welcome, new recruit! If you are reading this highly classified file, then you are the most recent recruit to the Hero Corps Foundation, originally created by the Squid Research Lab. As you probably know, our land has been ravaged. The Octopus Armada took over our land several years ago. Before you embark on your first Rookie mission, it is important you know our full history. Only a fraction if this is divulged to the public, and it is crucial that it remains so.
Long ago, approximately 5 billion years, by the time you are reading this, our original home world, Earth, was flung from its orbit due to a passing comet's massive gravitational force. Our planet of origin, after several decades of freezing in space, had completely changed. Elephants had reverted to wooly mammoths, and tigers grew long, sharp teeth. All life either adapted to the conditions or perished. The most drastic change was to that of Earth's dominant race, humans. The humans' internal body temperature dropped severely, and they took on a reptile like appearance. They survived off of stored fat and other necessities saved the body, almost like a cactus. Earth was flung into an eternal Ice Age. However, like all Ice Ages, this one came to an end.
Nearly 4 million years after being flung out if orbit, Earth collided with an extremely large, liquid based planet, with no life on the surface. The resulting collision caused the Earth and this new planet to permanently bond all molecules as one, massive super planet. The bonding was a long process, and the strange liquid on the strange planet poisoned everything on Earth. Everything perished, be it animal or plant, save for Squids and Octopi. These particular species survived due to a unique chemical in their bloodstream, previously undiscovered, that made them immune to the poison. Eventually, Earth and the planet permanently bonded all of their molecules, and they became one, perfect, seamless giant planet. Everything existed in harmony, and it was as if no collision had ever occurred at all. Only a giant planet, roaming the universe without a Star to call Sun. Squids and Octopi grew to thrive off of this strange liquid that now replaced all water on Earth.
Eventually, we arrived in orbit of a Star, and, just like the collision, we seamlessly fitted in, as if we had always been there, a perfect planet in a perfect orbit. We were quite near the Star, and we wound up with an incredibly humid climate, with lots of the strange liquid in the atmosphere.
Allow me to digress slightly, in order to explain our geography at the time. Our planet was mostly liquid, with as little as 7% of our planet's surface area being land. In the collision and reformation, all technology was completely obliterated. There was no technology remaining, and even if some were left over that we know nothing of, it would have all be recycled and broken down into perfectly natural elements as our planet entered rehabilitation after our collision. However, despite there being only natural elements, no life was on our early planet, save for Squids and Octopi.
After a little while, new plants of every variety started to emerge, thriving off our planet's natural elements. They started our planet's first ecosystem, thriving off our atmosphere, and providing the building blocks necessary for evolution.
Eventually, Squid and Octopi began to evolve, taking on new forms and structures. Squids evolved much more rapidly, and we took on bipedal forms, resembling the humans of old. We named our planet, now known as Inktopia, and the liquid that very nearly covered its entire surface, Ink, after the ink of the human era, of which it highly resembles in consistency, texture, and color. We developed our planet's science and technology, which is now extremely advanced, far beyond what humans every accomplished. However, due to our dependency on Ink, we never completely departed from our Squid form, and retained the ability to transform into it at will. We built extremely advanced cities, and our villages and towns flourished economically and physically. We lived in perfect harmony with nature and technology, and Inktopia earned its name as a utopia. All was well with the world.
But, everything changed when the Octopus Armada attacked. Unbeknownst to the Inklings, as we had come to call ourselves, the Octopi had advanced into an underink civilization. They had quickly developed lungs, so as to allow them to breathe oxygen, as well as Ink, and had created their own utopia beneath the waves. Their civilization far outnumbered ours, as they had much more room to develop. We had been unaware of them, primarily due to our lack of exploration of the depths of the oceans, where they made their cities and towns, and the Octopi had long been forgotten.
During this time, the Octopi had built advanced machinery using Ink as ammunition. They had designed everything from robotic soldiers, to gadgets that allowed them to fly or walk on land, all the while firing Ink. After several decades of developing, they grew jealous of our dominion over land, and sought to rise up and destroy us, so as to take the continents as their own. Soon after these thoughts entered their minds, the Octopi invaded.
They ravaged our world, and destroyed most of our civilization with their sheer numbers. The Octopi set up factories to pump out the machines they depended on, and in the process ruined the harmony we had with nature. The sky turned inky and black from the smog they constantly generated, and storms constantly raged across the land. Our moon, a smaller body brought into orbit early in our planet's development, and the stars were blotted out. All hope was lost.
Until the Squid Research Lab was founded. This underground organization was created to house the survivors of the Octopi's ruthless tentacles of destruction. Inklings moved completely off their radar for several years. In this time, the Hero Corps was created. This is a team of elite Inkling Soldiers, armed with our most advanced I.D.T. (Ink Dousing Tech). They are the most intelligent, most athletic, and most mentally capable Inklings known to us. And you are now among their ranks! Congratulations!
You are to be one of the heroes that will be remembered in The Great War. Old Man Inky will serve as your guide, giving you tips and upgrading your weaponry in our war against the Octopi, and you are to fully trust his expertise. He's been in this war for nearly as long as it's been going on, and he is your most valuable resource.
You will visit many locations to eradicate our enemy, both near and far, and may not survive. But, nevertheless, we put our all our hopes and dreams in you. You are our lifeblood, our very reason for continuing to exist. For you are among the brave Inklings that will help us take back our dominion of the continents and destroy our cruel captors, freeing us from their slimy tentacles.
Remember, this information is not to be divulged to the public for any reason, and you are to try your best to serve your planet and your race. Good luck, and Godspeed, for, should you survive, you will remembered as a Hero. A member of the Hero Corps. A member of Inktopia's last hope.
Splatoon!

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Welcome, new recruit! If you are reading this highly classified file, then you are the most recent recruit to the Hero Corps Foundation, originally created by the Squid Research Lab. As you probably know, our land has been ravaged. The Octopus Armada took over our land several years ago. Before you embark on your first Rookie mission, it is important you know out full history. Only a fraction if this is divulged to the public, and it is crucial that it remains so.
Long ago, approximately 5 billion years, by the time you are reading this, our original home world, Earth, was flung from its orbit due to a passing comet's massive gravitation force. Our planet of origin, after several decades of freezing in space, had completely changed. Elephants had reverted to wooly mammoths, and tigers grew long, sharp teeth. All life either adapted to the conditions or perished. The most drastic change was to that of Earth's dominant race, humans. The humans' internal body temperature dropped severely, and they took on a reptile like appearance. They survived off of stored fat and other necessities saved the body, almost like a cactus. Earth was flung into an eternal Ice Age. However, like all Ice Ages, this one came to an end.
Nearly 4 million years after being flung out if orbit, Earth collided with an extremely large, liquid based planet, with no life on the surface. The resulting collision caused the Earth and this new planet to permanently bond all molecules as one, massive super planet. The bonding was a long process, and the strange liquid on the strange planet poisoned everything on Earth. Everything perished, be it animal or plant, save for Squids and Octopi. These particular species survived due to a unique chemical in their bloodstream, previously undiscovered, that made them immune to the poison. Eventually, Earth and the planet permanently bonded all of their molecules, and they became one, perfect, seamless giant planet. Everything existed in harmony, and it was as if no collision had ever occurred at all. Only a giant planet, roaming the universe without a Star to Sun. Squids and Octopi grew to thrive off of this strange liquid that now replaced all water on Earth.
Eventually, we arrived in orbit of a Star, and, just like the collision, we seamlessly fitted in, as if we had always been there, a perfect planet in a perfect orbit. We were quite near the Star, and we wound up with an incredibly humid climate, with lots of the strange liquid in the atmosphere.
Allow me to digress slightly, in order to explain our geography at the time. Our was mostly liquid, with as little as 7% of our planet's surface area being land. In the collision and reformation, all technology was completely obliterated. There was no technology remaining, and even if some were left over that we know nothing of, it would have all be recycled and broken down into perfectly natural elements as our planet entered rehabilitation after our collision. However, despite there being only natural elements, no life was on our early planet, save for Squids and Octopi.
After a little while, new plants of every variety started to emerge, thriving off our planet's natural elements. They started our planet's first ecosystem, thriving off our atmosphere, and providing the building blocks necessary for evolution.
Eventually, Squid and Octopi began to evolve, taking on new forms and structures. Squids evolved much more rapidly, and we took on bipedal forms, resembling the humans of old. We named our planet, now known as Inktopia, and the liquid that very nearly covered its entire surface, Ink, after the ink of the human era, of which it highly resembles in consistency, texture, and color. We developed our planet's science and technology, which is now extremely advanced, far beyond what humans every accomplished. However, due to our dependency on Ink, we never completely departed from our Squid form, and retained the ability to transform into it at will. We built extremely advanced cities, and our villages and towns flourished economically and physically. We lived in perfect harmony with nature and technology, and Inktopia earned its name as a utopia. All was well with the world.
But, everything changed when the Octopus Armada attacked. Unbeknownst to the Inklings, as we had come to call ourselves, the Octopi had advanced into an underink civilization. They had quickly developed lungs, so as to allow them to breathe oxygen, as well as Ink, and had created their own utopia beneath the waves. Their civilization far outnumbered ours, as they had much more room to develop. We had been unaware if them, primarily due to our lack of exploration of the depths of the oceans, where they made their cities and towns, and the Octopi has long been forgotten.
During this time, the Octopi had built advanced machinery using Ink as ammunition. They had designed everything from robotic soldiers, to gadgets that allowed them to fly or walk on land, all the while firing Ink. After several decades of developing, they grew jealous of our dominion over land, and sought to rise up and destroy us, so as to take the continents as their own. Soon after these thoughts entered their minds, the Octopi invaded.
They ravaged our world, and destroyed most of our civilization with their sheer numbers. The Octopi set up factories to pump out the machines they depended on, and in the process ruined the harmony we had with nature. The sky turned inky and black from the smog they constantly generated, and storms constantly raged across the land. Our moon, a smaller body brought into orbit early in our planet's development, and the stars were blotted out. All hope was lost.
Until the Squid Research Lab was founded. This underground organization was created to house the survivors of the Octopi's ruthless tentacles of destruction. Inklings moved completely off their radar for several years. In this time, the Hero Corps was created. This is a team of elite Inkling Soldiers, armed with our most advanced I.D.T. (Ink Dousing Tech). They are the most intelligent, most athletic, and most mentally capable Inkling's known to us. And you are now among their ranks! Congratulations!
You are to be one of the heroes that will be remembered in The Great War. Old Man Inky will serve as your guide, giving you tips and upgrading your weaponry in our war against the Octopi, and you are to fully trust his expertise. He's been in this war for nearly as long as it's been going on, and he is your most valuable resource.
You will visit many locations to eradicate our enemy, both near and far, and may not survive. But, nevertheless, we put our all our hopes and dreams in you. You are our lifeblood, our very reason for continuing to exist. For you are among the brave Inklings that will help us take back our dominion of the continents and destroy our cruel captors, freeing us from their slimy tentacles.
Remember, this information is not to be divulged to the public for any reason, and you are to try your best to serve your planet and your race. Good luck, and Godspeed, for, should you survive, you will remembered as a Hero. A member of the Hero Corps. A member of Inktopia's last hope.
Splatoon!
Is this official or are you writing a fan fiction?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Is this official or are you writing a fan fiction?
Oh, neither. I'm just writing up my theory on everything, like why Splatoon's events are happening. Thought you guys might find it interesting, what with questioning the inky sky and old Inkling and stuff.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Welcome, new recruit! If you are reading this highly classified file, then you are the most recent recruit to the Hero Corps Foundation, originally created by the Squid Research Lab. As you probably know, our land has been ravaged. The Octopus Armada took over our land several years ago. Before you embark on your first Rookie mission, it is important you know our full history. Only a fraction if this is divulged to the public, and it is crucial that it remains so.
Long ago, approximately 5 billion years, by the time you are reading this, our original home world, Earth, was flung from its orbit due to a passing comet's massive gravitational force. Our planet of origin, after several decades of freezing in space, had completely changed. Elephants had reverted to wooly mammoths, and tigers grew long, sharp teeth. All life either adapted to the conditions or perished. The most drastic change was to that of Earth's dominant race, humans. The humans' internal body temperature dropped severely, and they took on a reptile like appearance. They survived off of stored fat and other necessities saved the body, almost like a cactus. Earth was flung into an eternal Ice Age. However, like all Ice Ages, this one came to an end.
Nearly 4 million years after being flung out if orbit, Earth collided with an extremely large, liquid based planet, with no life on the surface. The resulting collision caused the Earth and this new planet to permanently bond all molecules as one, massive super planet. The bonding was a long process, and the strange liquid on the strange planet poisoned everything on Earth. Everything perished, be it animal or plant, save for Squids and Octopi. These particular species survived due to a unique chemical in their bloodstream, previously undiscovered, that made them immune to the poison. Eventually, Earth and the planet permanently bonded all of their molecules, and they became one, perfect, seamless giant planet. Everything existed in harmony, and it was as if no collision had ever occurred at all. Only a giant planet, roaming the universe without a Star to call Sun. Squids and Octopi grew to thrive off of this strange liquid that now replaced all water on Earth.
Allow me to digress slightly, in order to explain our geography at the time. Our was mostly liquid, with as little as 7% of our planet's surface area being land. In the collision and reformation, all technology was completely obliterated. There was no technology remaining, and even if some were left over that we know nothing of, it would have all be recycled and broken down into perfectly natural elements as our planet entered rehabilitation after our collision. However, despite there being only natural elements, no life was on our early planet, save for Squids and Octopi.
But, everything changed when the Octopus Armada attacked. Unbeknownst to the Inklings, as we had come to call ourselves, the Octopi had advanced into an underink civilization. They had quickly developed lungs, so as to allow them to breathe oxygen, as well as Ink, and had created their own utopia beneath the waves. Their civilization far outnumbered ours, as they had much more room to develop. We had been unaware if them, primarily due to our lack of exploration of the depths of the oceans, where they made their cities and towns, and the Octopi has long been forgotten.
Until the Squid Research Lab was founded. This underground organization was created to house the survivors of the Octopi's ruthless tentacles of destruction. Inklings moved completely off their radar for several years. In this time, the Hero Corps was created. This is a team of elite Inkling Soldiers, armed with our most advanced I.D.T. (Ink Dousing Tech). They are the most intelligent, most athletic, and most mentally capable Inkling's known to us. And you are now among their ranks! Congratulations!
Splatoon!
Source or fanfiction?
Edit: :4greninja:'D
Nice theory, could happen. But, at the same time, might not be something Nintendo would do and such.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yeah I thought it was a bit fishy when I came to the "But, everything changed when the Octopus Armada attacked." part. :p

"Squid Research Lab" is official though right? It seems to imply there's a lot they don't know about squids. Possibly the Inklings are aliens allying themselves with humans (or whoever the natural residents of the planet are) against the Octopi threat. Perhaps the Inklings don't even remember their origins.

There's also the possibility that actual DNA splicing is going on with human and squid DNA.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Source or fanfiction?
Edit: :4greninja:'D
Nice theory, could happen. But, at the same time, might not be something Nintendo would do and such.
Yeah, it's a little dark for a Nintendo plot, especially a game as kid-friendly as Splatoon. I pretty much generated it on a whim, and seeing as it appears to be a war of sorts, I kind of came up this theory as I went along. But, why not? I mean, it's a theory, which we all love coming up with and seeing how close we are to bullseye. It's all in fun and games.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh, neither. I'm just writing up my theory on everything, like why Splatoon's events are happening. Thought you guys might find it interesting, what with questioning the inky sky and old Inkling and stuff.
Awww...You got my hopes up, (especially with that avatar reference).

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Did you notice in some screenshots of the single player mode there's loads of screens simulating the sky and behind them it's like a factory wall?

Very strange.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
Did you notice in some screenshots of the single player mode there's loads of screens simulating the sky and behind them it's like a factory wall?

Very strange.
Yeah there are a lot of strange details to Splatoon in this trailer. I'm half tempted to make a Gamexplain knockoff style video talking about everything seen in the video.

I also love the (what I assume is) Octo-bot propaganda that we see in the trailer.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Splatoon's really coming along, isn't it? I'm looking forward to what kind of story it'll have.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
Some more info on the story from the twitter page.
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/530539193651707906

"Investigative Report from the Squid Research Lab. The protagonist, wearing the Hero Suit, travels through this underground world. The Octopus Army Corps, hoping to invade the Squid's world, built this underground facility. Is it just me that feels the Octopus' longing for the world above-ground from the blue sky projected onto those large monitors?"

Translation from Neogaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137707879&postcount=704

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'm obsessed with knowing who this old man is, maybe Splatoon could get two newcomers, inkling and old man guy of the sewer... Well he should at least be a trophy, I'm wanting Inklings in smash more and more now, but before I can support Inklings and other newcomers I want as DLC, I need to get :wolf: back first. So good luck they could easily add in Inkling to smash to promote Splatoon, I'll support you more when Wolf's playable. Inkling for DLC:idea:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I've updated the OP and integrated the supporters list into it. If there's anything else that needs to be done just let me know.

Top Bottom