• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Not sure if it was a hack or future content that's coming, but I would really love to see the Octolings become playable, I really like their designs. Even if they are pretty much reskinned Inklings.
The Octolings have almost the exact same model and animations as the Inklings besides hair, so it's a hack, not future content, Callie and Marie can't be hacked to be playable because of their bones and not having any animations besides dancing and some expressions.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The Octolings have almost the exact same model and animations as the Inklings besides hair, so it's a hack, not future content, Callie and Marie can't be hacked to be playable because of their bones and not having any animations besides dancing and some expressions.
Ah, ok. Still, I would like a playable Octoling. Maybe there could be Octoling wig in the future?

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Ah, ok. Still, I would like a playable Octoling. Maybe there could be Octoling wig in the future?
The more I stare at the hair, the more I don't like it tbh.
Not an octopus when in "Squid" form.
0/10 hack xD
You can do that
But the man NEVER stands still to get a good look at the model. There is a black line covering her eyes because there are no blinking animations for the Octoling apparently.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
or more hair styles.... the man bun is cool and all but there should be more styles
Speaking of more hair styles, I see a lot of people in my plaza asking for a hair shop (and pants shop)

In other news, Splatfest is on July 4! Are you squidding me, Nintendo? You could not have picked a worse day. That was not a jelly fresh decision

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
or more hair styles.... the man bun is cool and all but there should be more styles
That could work too, the main reason I didn't choose the boy Inkling was because I wasn't a fan of the man bun (that, and the girl Inkling's design is much better).

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I would love to have octolings playable! They are so cool.

I was thinking of potential trailers for Splatoon. And the more I think about it, while they will probably just stick with the main theme, I would love it if they used the final boss final phase theme with the trailer in the style of the Splatfest trailer. Have lots of gameplay with some cuts to the Squid sisters singing and dancing. <3

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
On another note regarding customization, this is what won the Famitsu contest to draw gear for the game to be included with the Ika Musume costume in August.

Reminds me of this:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
With the topic of costumes, I do hope the August patch includes more amiibo support. Such as getting a Mario hat, Mega Man helmet, and Sonic shoes through their respective amiibo.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
On another note regarding customization, this is what won the Famitsu contest to draw gear for the game to be included with the Ika Musume costume in August.

Reminds me of this:
What's funny is one of the runner-up designs are based off those hot dogs you cut so when you cook them they curl up like an octopi.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
tomorrow's weapons

More photos:

Today at 7 PM PT, the Carbon Roller will be added to the weapon roster. This lightweight roller excels in the mobility department. It’s fling attack doesn’t toss a ton of ink, but it’s coupled with Burst Bombs for ranged splattage. Throw an Inkzooka in the mix and it’s on like Crusty Sean!

Also being added to the mix today at 7 PM PT is the Custom Dual Squelcher. It’s got range, rapid fire, and Squid Beakons to give your squid buds a place to Super Jump to. And with the Killer Wail special you can zone your enemies for days!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Just asking, would you want the Squid Sisters to be playable in Smash 5 if Inkling managed to get in as DLC.
Maybe an assist that changes the music like the final boss and they use one of the specials from Splatoon? Maybe the Killer Wail since that is tied heavily with music.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Just asking, would you want the Squid Sisters to be playable in Smash 5 if Inkling managed to get in as DLC.
This is an interesting question that brings up the matter of "Can Splatoon get more than 1 rep in Smash?????". Sure everyone was aiming at the Inkling because they're the protagonist and main icon of the IP. For my part, I think I'd be extremely satisfied with either the SS or Cap'n Cuttlefish as Assists (not playable because you gotta be keeping more room for potential other characters from other franchises).

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
The octolings could be a clone of the Inklings. Outside of that I don't really know who else could be playable.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Perhaps they could be alternate costumes for the Inkling? Though I would rather see them as an Assist Trophy or part of the Splatoon stage, performing in the background.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It's pretty tricky to say. As of right now, there should be a more heavy focus on the inklings and maybe getting some alts. I can totally see the Octolings as alts. In fact, I find it kinda hard to make them clones seeing how they really are a reskin Inkling, (but lol Dark Pit).

As much as I would love Callie to be an alt of the Inklings, her height compared to the Inklings might be an issue for an alt. As for playable playable, as in a separate slot. I don't think they have what it takes yet. They have mentioned they participate in the Splatoon games, so being clones wouldn't be a ruin of their character, but I don't think they have reach quite the popularity yet. Especially when everyone who wants splatoon content, has Inklings on the mind.

If splatoon gets another game for the NX, (which I have high hopes it will), and the Squid sisters are still prominent characters, I can see it a bit.

I don't think they can be completely denied, as yes, they are a huge part of splatoon.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It's pretty tricky to say. As of right now, there should be a more heavy focus on the inklings and maybe getting some alts. I can totally see the Octolings as alts. In fact, I find it kinda hard to make them clones seeing how they really are a reskin Inkling, (but lol Dark Pit).

As much as I would love Callie to be an alt of the Inklings, her height compared to the Inklings might be an issue for an alt. As for playable playable, as in a separate slot. I don't think they have what it takes yet. They have mentioned they participate in the Splatoon games, so being clones wouldn't be a ruin of their character, but I don't think they have reach quite the popularity yet. Especially when everyone who wants splatoon content, has Inklings on the mind.

If splatoon gets another game for the NX, (which I have high hopes it will), and the Squid sisters are still prominent characters, I can see it a bit.

I don't think they can be completely denied, as yes, they are a huge part of splatoon.
Her height will totally affect if she's an alt or not. Dude, seriously, it doesn't matter, Smash isn't canon. It didn't stop the Koopalings from being Bowser Jr.'s alts.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Her height will totally affect if she's an alt or not. Dude, seriously, it doesn't matter, Smash isn't canon. It didn't stop the Koopalings from being Bowser Jr.'s alts.
It does if it would end up looking ridiculous. For all we know, you could be asking for a character the size of Robin or ZSS to become the size of Mario.

Comparing it to Bowser Jr doesn't work because their hurboxs can stay the same due to the clown car so they didn't have to adjust sizes that much. (Though they still did).

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It does if it would end up looking ridiculous. For all we know, you could be asking for a character the size of Robin or ZSS to become the size of Mario.

Comparing it to Bowser Jr doesn't work because their hurboxs can stay the same due to the clown car so they didn't have to adjust sizes that much. (Though they still did).
They have the same body type. I don't see the problem. Its not like you're squishing the character down to accommodate for size, you resize them, plus they probably won't even be alts, it'll probably just be costumes based off their colors.

Burruni

Smash Hero
We have to make a strong push here at the end, folks.
We're at the final stretch for the ballot and at a point where a character or two may be chosen in advance to the ballot's closing.
Let's claim our turf on the roster!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So here's a question. If were to get a stage based on one of the maps of Splatoon, which one should it be/do you want? Leaked maps are acceptable answers.

I personally think Saltspray Rig would be pretty cool. Could be either a traveling stage, or can use one of the section as the main fighting area.

I haven't seen much of it, but Camp Triggerfish might also be a decent pick.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
So here's a question. If were to get a stage based on one of the maps of Splatoon, which one should it be/do you want? Leaked maps are acceptable answers.

I personally think Saltspray Rig would be pretty cool. Could be either a traveling stage, or can use one of the section as the main fighting area.

I kinda see and want Blackbelly Skatepark to be the stage. I also wouldn't mind Walleye's Warehouse or Saltspray Rig.

MachRider94

Smash Rookie
NNID
MachRider94
3DS FC
5198-2646-6379

How about a stage that is set in Inkopolis during a Splatfest. After a few seconds, the stage Super Jumps to one of the maps from Blackbelly Skatepark, Kelp Dome, Urchin Underpass, Saltspray Rig, and DJ Octavio's lair. Kinda like Kalos Pokemon League and Castle Siege.

The Squid Sisters also appear in the stage dancing.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
How about a stage that is set in Inkopolis during a Splatfest. After a few seconds, the stage Super Jumps to one of the maps from Blackbelly Skatepark, Kelp Dome, Urchin Underpass, Saltspray Rig, and DJ Octavio's lair.

DJ Octavio's Lair isn't that cool though, the boss is, not the level in my opinion.

MachRider94

Smash Rookie
NNID
MachRider94
3DS FC
5198-2646-6379
DJ Octavio's Lair isn't that cool though, the boss is, not the level in my opinion.
Well you battle in front of the boss, the stage hazards is him, activating the laser and his arms. They can still defeat him like the other bosses of the Wii U version.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
id want walleye ware house or salt spray rig

but all the areas of the game are pretty good theyd all make good stages

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
How about a stage that is set in Inkopolis during a Splatfest. After a few seconds, the stage Super Jumps to one of the maps from Blackbelly Skatepark, Kelp Dome, Urchin Underpass, Saltspray Rig, and DJ Octavio's lair. Kinda like Kalos Pokemon League and Castle Siege.

Well first off that is impossible. There hasn't been a single stage that had THAT insane. I think the most a stage has ever went through totally different environment was Dreamland, and that stage had the benefit of using old style graphics in that game.

Second off, even if they did, it seems like a cop out. I rather a heavy focus and a lot of love put into one stage, then a messily put together multiple stages in one, (which would have to happen).

Well you battle in front of the boss, the stage hazards is him, activating the laser and his arms. They can still defeat him like the other bosses of the Wii U version.
Also, no one likes bosses in smash bros.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hey everyone. Something semi-unrelated. (Not particularly Inkling smash related, but it is Splatoon related)

Note: Video may or may not contain spoilers. It takes place in the area where you fight the final boss, but the boss has already been defeated.

Basically, after defeating the game's final boss, and waiting a few minutes... you can start to hear "this"...:

Dunno if anyone else has heard it before, but it's pretty creepy to hear stuff like this, especially in a game like Splatoon...

To put it bluntly, to me, those are the sad sounds of an underground civilization falling apart...

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Hey everyone. Something semi-unrelated. (Not particularly Inkling smash related, but it is Splatoon related)

Note: Video may or may not contain spoilers. It takes place in the area where you fight the final boss, but the boss has already been defeated.

Basically, after defeating the game's final boss, and waiting a few minutes... you can start to hear "this"...:

Dunno if anyone else has heard it before, but it's pretty creepy to hear stuff like this, especially in a game like Splatoon...

To put it bluntly, to me, those are the sad sounds of an underground civilization falling apart...
Oh my god, that's terrifying.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I've got done watching Mariotehplumber's video on Inkling being a "hentai character" and I've got to say that he really needs to stay off of the Internet. So a female squid kid shooting ink at other squid kids are too sexual as a game for a family friendly audience? Pathetic. :rolleyes:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So I've got done watching Mariotehplumber's video on Inkling being a "hentai character" and I've got to say that he really needs to stay off of the Internet. So a female squid kid shooting ink at other squid kids are too sexual as a game for a family friendly audience? Pathetic. :rolleyes:
Yep, and he thinks Rosalina is a hentai character too. Just stay away from that channel.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've dealt with the guy from 2010-2011, it's best to ignore him.

Top Bottom