• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Info.brres

bustah_wurrf

Smash Cadet
Can this actually be used? Since my info.pac freezes my game, I want to use this instead, but putting it in the info folder doesn't seem to work whether or not it has _en at the end or not. Is it supposed to be somewhere else?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Use File Patch 3.5.1 and info.pac shouldn't freeze at all unless the file size is too big.

bustah_wurrf

Smash Cadet
I do use it, and I only added name replacements for Toon Link and Ike, as well as a a logo change for FE. Is that really enough to make the file size too big?

bustah_wurrf

Smash Cadet
You mean the song titles and the Wi-Fi stuff? Wouldn't deleting it look awkward in the game?

marter

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it is fairly safe to delete the bottom parts of the Wi-Fi text in order to lower file size.

marter

Smash Apprentice
If you actually play on Wi-Fi-, then you should keep the phrases you frequently see. Stuff you don't see should be deleted though.

bustah_wurrf

Smash Cadet
Should I be able to change song titles with no problems?

The info.pac loaded, by the way. I'm going to try the info.brres again since I was testing it in training mode, which could explain why it "didn't work."

marter

Smash Apprentice
You won't be able to see the titles ingame anymore if you remove them, but other than that it won't hurt the game.

bustah_wurrf

Smash Cadet
Since I ended up removing the snapshot text and more, the game froze when I tried to take a snapshot. It's fine now.

Info.brres doesn't load.

Top Bottom