• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Infinite) Second Jump Recovery w/ pkf: possible, but useless

Veril

Frame Savant
[EDIT]
I've come to agree w/ Tyr_03. This is not possible to pull off in a match. If someone does, well, kudos... It's not worth the (enormous) effort.

SJR is possible at FH height but stupidly hard.
ISJR is effectively impossible.

jump > double jump > high-up pkf > sjr = useless

Full Hop PKF > DJ PKF > sjr (whatever... DJPKF or zapjump) ≠ useless for a perfect control video.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I read a while ago that Lucas' PKF can SJR and ISJR. I assumed this was true and hadn't actually tried to use PKF as a second jump recovery... until today.

So far I've SJR'd out of wavebounced or wavelanded pkf. I felt that the timing was very difficult.

For infinite second jump recover I had to zapjump. Otherwise the SJ was too low to ISJR. This was very difficult. It could be done without the zapjump on a level with platforms or that was tilted (Corneria?). BUT I haven't tried it, and its hard enough to do on final destination as it is, so...

If someone can PKF ISJR without zapjumping I would appreciate some help.

Is there a video of ISJR with (wb)PKF?

Is there a video of SJR pkf? If their isn't, should I try and make one?

Is this old news?

UPDATE: (I)SJR can be performed with roughly full hop level PKF.

Jump to Double jump (high up) SJR is CRAP! But...

Because of the effect recoil has on jump height, (I)SJR w/ PKF is possible at heights roughly corresponding to that of a full hop wavebounce pkf.

Without going into a ton of detail (unless you're curious), here's what I did:
FHPKF > DJPKF > DJPKF (SJR) > down a slope... ex. Corneria > DJPKF (ISJR)

SJR with a FH height djpkf is insanely hard to time. The dj pkf lag can end prior to hitting the ground. The fact that you can Magnet pull shows that. Timing it such that the lag ends just as it hits the ground is made more difficult by the fact that it is easy to accidentally zapjump.

ISJR in this manner is effectively impossible.

Levitas

the moon
could you define SJR? if you're talking about the glitch where bowser and others can DJ side b, DJ side b, etc, I don't see how it would apply to recovery, as it's above ground only.

I know that Ness can do it, I don't know about lucas, but I do know that even if he can, it won't be useful because the lag on the pk fire is long enough that the pk fire would be too high to matter.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I've SJR'd with it. ISJR I'm pretty sure is impossible without zap jump but I stopped messing around with it when I realized how high the PK Fire ended up. Pretty much useless if you ask me. Better off full hop PK Fire and then double jump.

Veril

Frame Savant
could you define SJR? if you're talking about the glitch where bowser and others can DJ side b, DJ side b, etc, I don't see how it would apply to recovery, as it's above ground only.

I know that Ness can do it, I don't know about lucas, but I do know that even if he can, it won't be useful because the lag on the pk fire is long enough that the pk fire would be too high to matter.
SJR isn't the most clear term. Recovery refers to the fact that it "recovers" the second jump. I didn't name it. It should be second Jump restore... is it? I'm gonna start calling it that.

Initially I would have agreed with the statement about height vs. lag. I don't anymore and will edit the first post to show why that is.

I've SJR'd with it. ISJR I'm pretty sure is impossible without zap jump but I stopped messing around with it when I realized how high the PK Fire ended up. Pretty much useless if you ask me. Better off full hop PK Fire and then double jump.
full hop PKF + infinite double jump PKF (at nearly the same height), is what I'm after. If I was convinced that this was impossible I would forget about SJR PKF entirely. As it is, I know this is possible (didn't when I started this post though) due to the vertical recoil effects of PKF.

Top Bottom