• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Jump w/ bair and nair!!!!! *update* can be done w/ all aerials and video

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Im gonna go slave away in training mode until i can get it to work and hopefully have a replay saved sometime tonight

This sounds amazingly sexy

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
5 bucks says Marths won't be able to do anything with this besides look sexy.:) It seems nice and all but the only thing i can think of doing with this is spiking snake when he tries to recover high, or following lucas when he does his zap jump.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
5 bucks says Marths won't be able to do anything with this besides look sexy.:) It seems nice and all but the only thing i can think of doing with this is spiking snake when he tries to recover high, or following lucas when he does his zap jump.
Looking sexy is a worthwhile endeavor, and I'm sure somebody will find a use for it at some point, even if it's just to surprise your opponent once in a while and throw them off guard

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
^don't double post

Anyways, I have a replay of me doing this with marth for about a minute on smashville. I don't have any recording equipment but I could send it to somebody (xMiMix ???) tonight when I get home if they wanted to put it online.

However there are a couple youtube videos of it online already (just bad quality) so its up to you guys

3xSwords

Smash Lord
^Its alright I got a vid up. Although higher quality would be much appreciated and if you can get yourself doing it w/ all of his aerials that will great.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
AWESOME. I managed to pull it off twice yesterday and it totally pwns. I have got to learn how to do this consistantly.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Yeah I did it once with the nair so I knew it was possible but I nvr understood the timing for that one. Its just awkward b/c it had a little more air lag compared to fair and bair.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Plz do. So far nobody has a better timing to this than trying to space this correctly and hopefully get lucky.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I've managed to get the timing down for all of the aerials and I can do it like ~95% of the time. I found it a lot easier to just use tap jump for the ISJ's. When you are about to hit the ground just hit up on the control stick. Because X and Y only input jump for one frame it gets really hard unless you time your fairs or whatever perfectly, and then buffer the second jump. BUT tap jump inputs jump for multiple frames (it feels like 5 or something like that) so you have a lot more flexibility. Using tap jump lets me pull this off just about every time. Try it, and love it.

I also have a replay of me doing this with all his aerials in a row but i don't have recording equipment, so if anybody wants to put it on youtube let me know and I'll send you the replay.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Dang that's nice GhettoSheep. 95% of the time O.o I'm impressed. Yeah I'll try using tap jump although I have more trouble timing the attack end animation so it ends near the ground.

Send the replay to xMiMix. PM him first. That's an amazing vid we can definitely use to discuss uses as some character boards can't even get a vid of one aerial.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
I do, but my Wifi is down atm (router died D=), so it'll be problematic trying to get it. Unless you can give me the file from an SD card so I can play it on my Wii and record it; or wait until Monday or Tuesday, when I can get a new router. xMiMix'll prolly be able to do it by then though...=/

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
^Thanks guys but xMiMix is gonna do once he gets back online, hopefully soon. I really wanna start discussing it. The vid i made was on FD, but i was messing around with it 2v1 against computers on battlefield, like right in the middle of all the platforms, and it seemed like it could possibly make him even more deadly there. (He can ISJR with attacks from the bottom part of the stage and connect on every platform). But i'll wait till the vid is up to discuss, especially since those were ****ty computers

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Nice job. Now you really got me wanting to see the vids. I still haven't gotten the timing down for any of his other aerials except bair but then again I always start doing something else b/c it gets boring. XP With vids I think it'll give me something to look forward to while I practice so please get them up here ASAP. Thanks GhettoSheep

person701

Smash Journeyman
This is insanily hard >.< I can't do the inf. jump, but I can string multiple landing second jumps over and over which defeats the purpose of taunting ='( GIFs would be a nice addition for this thread also. This could be used for combos possibly though, which would be insane.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
The ISJR is landing second jumps. But its technically an infitinite jump because the game doesn't register you as landing. The idea is to attack while in the second jump but time your next jump so you do another second jump, which will look like its on the ground. However, you can time it so that you jump instantly as you touch the ground by buffering a jump, but you don't have to. It is faster than repeatedly full jumping, and gives a little more flexibility, but all in all, it isn't mindblowingly useful and there won't be anything insane about it.

It's better for some other characters because of the unique qualities of their second jump

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Great, I still recommend using tap jump as i was able to do it in like 10 minutes that way.

But I've also been using tap jump in SSB64 since the day it came out lol, so its a little easier for me to go back to.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm curious too, i thought it would be up by now. I want discussion. I spent far too much time learning this for the thread to die.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
^no its not. Takes way too long that is the dair's post lag. All other aerials are infinite. Even the uair I think.

And seriously xMiMix where is the video?

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
OK, I'm going to PM xMiMix right now. If it's not up by this evening I'll send itto someone else. Suoinegni, I might PM you later if you're online.

This is getting ridiculous

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
I can only really see it with fair, but I probably don't even really know what I'm looking for. I practiced this for a bit earlier today, but could only get it to work with nair. The timing is ridiculous and I have stupid fingers. It seems too difficult to actually implement in actual combat and should probably only be used for showing off, at least for right now.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the only thing I could imagine it doing, and this is stretching it, is to control the platforms on a stage like battlefield. But really, I've never had any impulse to pull this out in combat.

EDIT: OK, in the video, all of the aerials are after a second jump. Infinite Second Jump Renewal. Please, somebody that has a better knowledge of the mechanics of this tech tell me if I did it right. I assumed I did because everything was done after a second jump. The fair does look a little faster and looks like I didn't touch the ground as much, so somebody please clear this up for me. I'm fine making another video if I did it wrong (my timing might just be a little off) in the hopes that we could get something out of it.

Top Bottom