• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Individual Character Polling: Source Gaming Edition (1800+ Votes!) RESULTS ARE HERE!

Click yes if you voted on all 5 parts of the Individual Character Poll!

• Total voters

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
When do you have to stop the poll? maybe the day prior to the end of the ballot?
I think this is one of the most accurate polls in terms of "proportion" of wanted characters... I mean, Wolf and the Ice Climbers being in the Top speaks for itself, we want back some of the cut characters... and the newer characters have a certain advantage maybe because of their recent time of the spotlight...
Good Job!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
When do you have to stop the poll? maybe the day prior to the end of the ballot?
I think this is one of the most accurate polls in terms of "proportion" of wanted characters... I mean, Wolf and the Ice Climbers being in the Top speaks for itself, we want back some of the cut characters... and the newer characters have a certain advantage maybe because of their recent time of the spotlight...
Good Job!
October 3rd, so share the poll while you can.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With all that controversy and hype Gematsu had caused, the idea of the Chorus Kids stomping any other RH choice in the poll doesn't surprise me at all.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
With all that controversy and hype Gematsu had caused, the idea of the Chorus Kids stomping any other RH choice in the poll doesn't surprise me at all.
I think Rhythm Girl is the only RH character I gave a 3 or up. I feel she's the face of the series, so if anyone should rep it, it should be her.

Either way, I find it weird that when stuff like that Gematsu leak happens, a lot of people's opinions collectively change in favor for an idea they weren't so fond of before. It's almost as if even the suggestion that a character may be in the game makes people want them all the sudden. I feel like the only time some people don't "like" a character is when they feel they have no chance in getting in. Bandwagoning at it's finest.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just as a heads up, I'll share this poll with my followers so that they can participate for this last week.

Maybe that ought to boost the number of votes Mona and Daisy has. :troll:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Just as a heads up, I'll share this poll with my followers so that they can participate for this last week.

Maybe that ought to boost the number of votes Mona and Daisy has. :troll:
I dunno if I've said this before, but the Daisy results really shock me. She's really popular here, and I expected her to at least be a middling kind of character, but there's an overwhelmingly negative score for her. Didn't see that coming.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Forgot about the fifth part, anyway here it is now.

Part 5
Starforce Megaman-1
Steve- 2
Rouge-1
Komason-3
Foreman Spike- 3
Petey Piranha-1
Wobuffet-2
Megaman X-1
Flint-2
Angry Birds-1
Ragna-1
Jean Descole-2
Team Rocket-4
Roslyn-2
Midna-2
Masked Link-2
Kasumi-3
Earthworm Jim- 2
Alucard-1
Silver-1
Duster-2
Zero-1
Camillia-2
Rawk Hawk-1
Mega man Volnut-1
Cia-1
Slyveon-3
Doc Louis-1
Soma Cruz-1
Megaman.EXE-1
Cuddlefish-1
Judd-1

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I dunno if I've said this before, but the Daisy results really shock me. She's really popular here, and I expected her to at least be a middling kind of character, but there's an overwhelmingly negative score for her. Didn't see that coming.
The thing is, she's a pretty controversial character in both the Mario and Smash fandom regardless of her popularity. Many hate her for having the potential of being a clone or because Waluigi would be the superior spinoff rep in their eyes. Then there's the huge issue over her annoying voice (Hi! I'm Daisy!).

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
The thing is, she's a pretty controversial character in both the Mario and Smash fandom regardless of her popularity. Many hate her for having the potential of being a clone or because Waluigi would be the superior spinoff rep in their eyes. Then there's the huge issue over her annoying voice (Hi! I'm Daisy!).
Yeah I know, I just thought there was way more support. I mean, I can understand Krystal or Ridley type numbers (numbers are about half and half because of their divisive nature), but she's her numbers are overwhelmingly negative. I'm not even a fan, but wow.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
]Then there's the huge issue over her annoying voice (Hi! I'm Daisy!).
That was one of the best parts of Double Dash! Peach and Daisy were my favorite combo.
Yeah I know, I just thought there was way more support. I mean, I can understand Krystal or Ridley type numbers (numbers are about half and half because of their divisive nature), but she's her numbers are overwhelmingly negative. I'm not even a fan, but wow.
I don't get the intense hatred for Daisy either. All she's done is help put the franchise in a better place. Why else would she have so many fans and appear in so many games?

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Wait, people hate Daisy?

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we might get another SuperMario Rep, but I have seen a lot of cool ideas for Daisy, Waluigi and Toad (or Cap. Toad)...
In other hand, I believe that all the hate comes from the idea of that "they will stole the spot of our beloved character we want to main"
So I hope that we might get one of them in he next one, and if we get one now, I will be cool with it, unless they are "filthy clones" =P

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I don't get the intense hatred for Daisy either. All she's done is help put the franchise in a better place. Why else would she have so many fans and appear in so many games?
It's not that I don't understand why people hate her. She IS kinda annoying, and seen as kind of unoriginal. I just can't believe this many people hate her. She'll always be my Mario Kart character, at least ("Hi I'm Daisy!").

Sniffnoy

Smash Cadet
There are some characters I wanted to vote for who didn't appear.

In particular, from Namco, Mr. Driller / Susumu Hori, and from Other, Earthworm Jim.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There are some characters I wanted to vote for who didn't appear.

In particular, from Namco, Mr. Driller / Susumu Hori, and from Other, Earthworm Jim.
Earthworm Jim should be in the 5th part of the poll that Blue didn't add in the OP for some reason.

https://goo.gl/zqINJP

Sniffnoy

Smash Cadet
Earthworm Jim should be in the 5th part of the poll that Blue didn't add in the OP for some reason.

https://goo.gl/zqINJP
Ah, thanks! I was confused by the initial reference to "all 5 parts".

(Meanwhile Mr. Driller I recognize is just too obscure to reasonably appear. May as well hope for Beastman from F-Zero while I'm at it... :p )

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Two days (here, one day in japan) left until ballot closes!... That's...meaningful!

So yeah. I've just gone and redone the data once more.... That's it. Nothing interesting.

(Also, why am I not getting notified by anything here?)

Updated top 438:

ridleypoll.png

Stuff stuff:
  • Wolf, who previously was still above 4, has dropped to 3.99, and for now officially no characters gets a score higher than 4.
  • Ragna (BlazBlue)'s category has been fixed accordingly. Thanks @Erureido!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
2 DAYS LEFT TO GO!

COME ON GRAB YOUR FRIENDS!
LET THEM VOTE ON MANY
CHARACTER LANDS. With
BLUE THE PIKMIN AND
PUSH THE LUMA!
THE FUN WILL NEVER
END, ITS'A VOTING TIME!

Logo12

Smash Lord
ONLY ONE DAY LEFT!

Look at this! Preliminary Data from BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 's individual character poll!
But I've done the pure average results already

The vote lineup thing is interesting tho, I just wished to do that if I were given the data :/

Also, according to my inaccurate calculation and Google's inaccurate calculation, it's now Oct 3 in Japan.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I think I did these polls just in the nick of time.

To sort of comment on the above conversation (about 12 posts up), I don't hate any of the characters in the poll. If I voted negatively on any of them, it's because I didn't know them or I didn't think they would be appropriate or otherwise appealing to me being a fighter in Smash.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Updated a 8:50 UTC+8 Oct 3.

1800 Votes!

News
  • Here's a workbook!... Sort of. I wanted to provide interactivity like letting you choose how to group the characters (By Default group that I categorized, Franchise name, Part of poll, Section of poll), but it doesn't seem to work well. Oh, and this version is slightly changed a bit in font from my actual file, since it seems that there's no way for me to show the content while using a local font or something.
Here's the new results, categorized by Parts (updated like 2 days after the previous one, so lol):

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Sad to see Hayabusa so low, but I'm glad that Sceptile is top 40 and that 3 Sonic characters are top 70. I find it interesting that ICs ranked higher than Snake as well.

Upvoted those Reddit posts btw. Don't understand how they got so little upvotes over so many hours. Shame.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Takamaru managed to climb up two places since the last time, but it still doesn't stop the negative swordsman approach about his appearance.

Top Bottom