• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Individual Animations for Alternate costumes?

Meecrob

Smash Rookie
Not sure if it belongs here,
but is it possible to give each color of a character, different animations? I would like to give characters different movesets for each color, but for this I have to change the FitMotion.pac with BrawlBox, right? Not like changing the FitCharacter.pac with PSA.

So, is there a way? I would also like to change the attributes in PSA for each color, but don't know if it's possible too. (Speed, Jumbs, Shield etc.)

Juken

Smash Ace
Well, I don't know if it's intentionally possible, but I made a post in the Theytah mod school asking about something similar to this because I'm having a problem where one mario skin is using different animations and hit/hurtboxes for his attacks.

Meecrob

Smash Rookie
Well, I don't know if it's intentionally possible, but I made a post in the Theytah mod school asking about something similar to this because I'm having a problem where one mario skin is using different animations and hit/hurtboxes for his attacks.
Hm.. Samus can switch her USmash and it's animations. So maybe I could atleast give (let's say Falco) his normal P:M moveset and his Brawl one (Utilt, shine etc.), but balanced for P:M. But for that I have to know how they made it for Samus and also how exactly to change B-Attacks in PSA.
Well, I will look for tutorials and stuff, but it would be nice if some of you could may link me to something related to it. I just don't get how the Special Attacks and Sub-Actions for B-Attacks are conected to each other..

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if it belongs here,
but is it possible to give each color of a character, different animations? I would like to give characters different movesets for each color, but for this I have to change the FitMotion.pac with BrawlBox, right? Not like changing the FitCharacter.pac with PSA.So, is there a way?
Technically, I believe this could be done if you renamed all the bones of the alternate costume and then added the bone animations to the FitFighterMotionEtc.pac and the attack data to the FitFighter.pac. Even then, it would be likely way too much work, as all animations would have to be redone. The end product would be very glitchy though. This method would also not work with projectiles.

I would also like to change the attributes in PSA for each color, but don't know if it's possible too. (Speed, Jumps, Shield etc.)
That's currently not possible whatsoever.

Meecrob

Smash Rookie
^soopercool101: Yep, you're right. Just found this tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMgiFfX7A9g

It's actually pretty easy. I will test it with a "Brawl Falco Moveset for P:M" .pac I found on BrawlVault and show you if it worked. Thanks! :)

EDIT: It's not as easy as I thought.. It's not really hard, but much work because you have to edit lot's of things and it gets complicated at some point. Okay if you just want to edit one move, but a whole moveset (or atleast aerials, tilts, smashes and maybe some specials) is really annoying. :s

Last edited:
Top Bottom