• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Your Opinion, What are DeDeDe's chances of competetive play?

TrixR4Kids

Smash Rookie
Lets look:

Forward Smash: Freaking insane, but the lag time on it makes it not very likely to work when playing in a tourny.

Jet Hammer:With the glitch I believe this has a chance at some tournaments, but other than that it's not very likely.

Chaingrabbing: It's great and can be used to setup for an edgeguard but I've heard of a local, weekly tournament near my place actually banning it! (I believe it will be unbanned eventually)

Up-B: It's great but it's easily punished by a hardened player.

Waddle-Dee Throw: Unfortunately for the good King, Team Attack is ON in tournament, which results in the most useful IMO (the Waddle-Doos) too hurt you.

Based on this as well as other things what do you think of DeDeDe's chances in competetive play?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
of coure he will be used but not the most common like fox or marth pichu was used by chu dat and waddles doos never come for me and you could have waited or asked something esle

superman969

Smash Journeyman
he'll definitely be used. not like Snake (hehe...guilty?) or MK, but he'll be out in (a slightly smaller) force

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
If you mean the chance that people will choose him then I say low.

If you mean the chance he will win then I say medeum. There arent that many good ddd players out there.

Oh and his fsmash is very usefull especially if combined with a chain grab (after they fall off the edge and try to recover).

Cuno56

Smash Apprentice
Wait...Waddles can hurt d3 is team attack is on?
If so, I did not know that.

D3's in the top 5, so probably a good amount of usage...as for winning, there's the legions of MKs and Snakes to contend with, so probably not.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
3D is pro imo too

LOL

anyway snake and MK are just too good. and u beat them at a tourny its because your a better player. but i swear i have theee hardest time vs good tlinks and gameandwatches. honestly g&w is too good xD

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
ddd has some big disadvantages against some characters...

but he has alot of advantages against most of the other characters

ddd will not be overused but he will be a competitive force in tournaments

Genoisdabest

Smash Cadet
I think DEDEDE can do really well actually, strong hits and the side B actually acts as a wall of protection, the chance of gordo's completely make that character quite a scare to fight.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Lets look:

Forward Smash: Freaking insane, but the lag time on it makes it not very likely to work when playing in a tourny.

Jet Hammer:With the glitch I believe this has a chance at some tournaments, but other than that it's not very likely.

Chaingrabbing: It's great and can be used to setup for an edgeguard but I've heard of a local, weekly tournament near my place actually banning it! (I believe it will be unbanned eventually)

Up-B: It's great but it's easily punished by a hardened player.

Waddle-Dee Throw: Unfortunately for the good King, Team Attack is ON in tournament, which results in the most useful IMO (the Waddle-Doos) too hurt you.

Based on this as well as other things what do you think of DeDeDe's chances in competetive play?

I main D3, and recently placed 3rd at the UK's first Brawl tournament, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on the things you mentioned.

D3's Forward Smash is one of my favourite moves in tournaments for a few reasons. Firstly, people automatically assume you wont use it purely because its slow. Whilst I agree they should be used minimally, hitting your opponent with a forward smash can be an incredibly powerful mindgame. I've had matches where my opponent has just stopped approaching me in a certain way after being a victim of an early forward smash.

Chaingrabbing won't be banned in any major tournaments, and as a result I think this will have an impact on smaller tournaments, preventing them from banning it. There are quite a few characters with chain throws more deadly and exploitable than D3's. D3's ct also only works on certain characters.

Whilst your average D3 player will be punished for an upB by a hardened player. A hardened D3 will get punished no more than any other character. D3's UpB can be cancelled at any time, allowing you to DI out of situations and mislead your opponent. The super armor is also really good for breaking past edge-guarding, and it has a large hitbox should you hit your opponent.

As for Waddle Doos. They can be picked up and thrown again and its quite easy to identify when a Waddle Doo is about to attack. If you get hit by your own waddle doo, you are just slightly ********.

Also, I thought I'd mention double D3 is an insane team in doubles. You can Neutral B pass a player back and forth or chain throw a player too each other (both inescapable when performed correctly). Back to back forward smashes and double the chance for gordos make it a terrifying team.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Umm tournament placings for characters go in this order right now

1.snake
2.meta knight
3.DDD

Hes TOO competitive

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why is this a thread?
"What are DDD's chances of competitive play?"
umm...he's third so far, so...no, he sucks bad. *rolls eyes*

Edds

Smash Ace
i only saw one mk player at this uk tourney. i have no idea where he placed. me and koop got to the semis with double DDD team. with no team experince and i use DDD as a 2nd main.

Top Bottom