• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the Hall of the Penguin King: The Montage to End All

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Sosososooooooo @ TMJ_Jack TMJ_Jack had some idea.

Why isn't there a King Dedede montage called "In the Hall of the Penguin King" yet? That's ****ing genius. The idea practically writes itself. Just imagine it. The slow beginning is Dedede being combo food like normal, but as the music (In the Hall of the Mountain King of course) intensifies, His Majesty performs better and better until he starts landing crazy KOs left and right ending the montage with a flurry of fsmashes, Jet Hammers, and dadlespikes. Somebody make this happen already!
Yeah so..... that's a crazy awesome idea! So I'm gonna make it happen! I'm mildly knowledgeable in editing, and I've made a few ****ty AMVs back in the weeb days, so I'm fully aware of the syncin' process.

I thought I would make this thread as a personal motivator to not give up on the project halfway through. I'm hoping to post screenshots of the editing, ask for feedback on certain things I'm not sure of, aaaand...
COLLECT CLIPS. SEND ME ALL OF YOUR CLIPS N MATCHES. I NEED MATERIAL AND I WOULD RATHER NOT SCOUR THE DEEP WEB FOR THEM. PLZZZZZ. POST THEM HERE.

Furthermore, instead of just the song in the background, I plan to include crowd reactions, and other stuff. Like Etika. Or memorable commentator quotes. Send some of those in too.

This is going to take a while I'm already telling you, but I think it'll be a really cool way to collab with Dedededudes.

-jtc

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Time to get some replays done (and asking people to transfer them).

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
Love the idea - it would also be good to get a list here of everyone that has recording equipment, so you don't have to record everything yourself

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
I'm famous.
Here are my most recently notable matches in a playlist as previously posted in the Theatre:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3-caAkfWGO4QfTR3rXV5x7bOrTGDwJHY
I think I added a match or two since I posted it in the Theatre. In general, they're great matches, but I don't know if any of the are worthy of a montage though.
Jet Hammer fade and dadlespike in Pt. 1
Jet Hammer fade in Pt. 2
Dair in Pt. 3
Jet Hammer fad in Pt. 4
Nothing hype in Pt. 5
Stage spike in Pt. 6
Reverse Dedede Jump and Gordo stuff in Pt. 7
Suicide Inhale in Pt. 8

Last edited:

supersage400

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supersage400
3DS FC
4897-5984-7450
Here's my youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/user/supersage400. I have a few random videos lying around that might be useful, though not against especially good opponents. I also have a capture card that I haven't had a reason to use yet so maybe I'll try and record some more useful stuff. I like the idea. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Last edited:

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
I'll send you some things on the Wii U if you'd like babe.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Played doubles today almost exclusively with the King. I got a Greninja partner I barely even play with (my usual teammate couldn't go).
We made it out of RR pools losing only to one team. In bracket, R1 was against that one team (poor seeding imo), it was tense, but a clutch Utilt on T&C made the trick and we won (yayifications!). Next round game 1 we barely lost to an Ike+Jiggs, and I switched to Villager and got my Royal Punishment. On losers we were against a Shulk+Link team. They're SO VERY annoying to fight against, their range coupled with our bad mobility makes it so very difficult, but any way, we were on game 3 when I got Ftilted by Shulk and got to the other side of the stage where my partner spiked me at 30. We almost made it back but ultimately couldn't. We finished 7th, not too shabby if we didn't really play often.
Funniest part is that the team we won against in winners, made it all the way to GFs. C'est la vie I guess.

And tomorrow, Singles awaits!

ArchTalko

Smash Rookie
Hey man! I'm pretty new here to Smashboards, but I'd love to help out if you still need any more replays! :)

atomicblast360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AtomicBlast360
I will be uploading a few D3 matches tomorrow from friendlies on anthers ladder that I think have montage worthy clips, do I need to turn off Music for it to be featured?

Top Bottom