• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In some places, they could have taken more from the games.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
Read the title.

Brawl's brilliant, yeah...but I think they could've taken a bit more from the games it was based on. For example, Final Smashes. Triforce Slash and Great Aether, as far as I know, never featured in the respective games of Link and Ike (I know normal Aether featured in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn). They could've given Link the Mirror of Twilight, where he reforms the Mirror of Twilight and it sucks people in or something. And Ike could've had Lehran's Medallion, which caused him to get incredibly strong and fast.

What do you think?

Most of the Final Smashes aren't from the games.

Mario, Bowser, Peach, Link, Toon Link, Meta Knight, Wolf, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, ROB, and the Ice Climbers.

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
I'm not complaining about Triforce Slash because it looks pretty cool anyway. This topic does remind me of Ness and Lucas though. I heard that the moves the use in Smash aren't even theirs (but I do not know the truth because I haven't played enough of the Mother series).

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
The Wolf Squadron doesn't own any tank-type vehicle; Only the StarFox team does, because they're the only one who need it. The Wolf Squadron is a rogue band of mercenaries and bandits, while the StarFox team is usually sent on recon missions by the Lylat System. Since these recon missions may require to land on a planet to tackle the threat head-on, only the StarFox Team ever had any use of a tank vehicle, even minor at best. Most StarFox missions are Arwing-based, and at most there are 2 Landmaster Tank-based missions in each respective game's story mode.

You seem to have failed.

Oh and, besides, most of the characters have fine Final Smashes. As long as they represent what they are, it's all fine and dandy. The character I have most beef about having a weird Final Smash is Luigi. Negative Zone? It doesn't suit Luigi's style...

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Negative Zone DEFINITELY suits Luigi's style...
Only in that it's ******** and doesn't make sense. >_<

And while I think Link's Triforce Slash was the best thing they could have done and have no problem with it (it's the Triforce...the thing the is the ICON of the Zelda series), I do kind of agree.

Some of the Smashes don't...really...seem to fit. Luigi's comes to mind, lol, but also Falco and Wolf just don't make canonical sense. Also, as cool as Yoshi + Wings & Fireballs is, it doesn't make any sense, IMO, as it doesn't represent Yoshi appropriately.

Either way though, EVERY OTHER SMASH that I can think of is genius. While some might not be as effective from a gameplay standpoint - creatively they all have my respect...except Peach. That's just ********.

Novablas

Smash Rookie
Well what would you have given Peach? She doesn't really have that much depth of character...

Yoshi kind of does make sense, except he can't ground pound right? That way it'd be like the ultimate Yoshi in one from SMW.

Falco and Wolf I agree with you on though.

Ganondorf's was kind of lazy though...

X-DS

Smash Cadet
Also, as cool as Yoshi + Wings & Fireballs is, it doesn't make any sense, IMO, as it doesn't represent Yoshi appropriately.
Super Mario World, red shells, blue shells. They should've given him an earth shaking stomp every time he landed just to round it out.

EDIT: You think I would've at least read the very last post before mine... -_-

otter

Smash Ace
Flash isn't always bad. There is nothing more epic than:

PK STARSTOOOOOORRMMM!!!

Novablas

Smash Rookie
I only hope PK Starstorm sounds as cool with the English Lucas and Ness (if they actually change their voices for the U.S. version).

Personally I wouldn't mind if they kept Lucas and Ness with their Japanese voices, I think I'd like to hear Lucas's girlish shriek everything he fell off the side of bottom of the stage.

Zek

Smash Ace
Sure they could have given almost every character something straight from their games as a final smash, but a lot of them just wouldn't be as good. Like for Luigi, Negative Zone is so much better than sending out a bunch of ghosts or something. Smash has always taken pretty heavy liberties with its characters.

Top Bottom