• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Depth Attack Statistics (Update: Reorganized)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Here are my new results, can you confirm?

Late aerial:

2676 at 9%
9717 at 309%

KGR: 23.47
Base: 2464.77

Spike: (early aerial)

2931 at 12%
12907 at 312%

KGR: 33.253
Base: 2531.96

and for comparison purposes: Bair

bair:
2129 at 13%
12822 at 313%

KGR: 35.643
base: 1665.64
That might be what does it. I don't remember if I initially did this in slow brawl or not.

Although that makes sense, come to think of it. In slow brawl, your opponent travels slower. Maybe the mechanism the designers use to measure launch speed doesn't compensate for slow brawl. That's another thing that would need testing.

Adapt

Smash Lord
On a hunch that all moves are messed up in slow brawl, I checked the dair spike as well because it makes sense you would have done it in slow brawl to time it better

I get:

1727 at 5%
6185 At 305%

KGR = 14.86
Base = 1652.7

I'll add it in tomorrow maybe, after I check some more moves

Edit: Maybe the game calculates the farthest distance that a move will hit someone, then calculates the time it will take to get there, and then determines the launch velocity from that. Since the distance hit appears to be unchanged in slow/normal it just takes around twice as long. Therefor you get your knockback speed being around half what it should be.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
now that brawl is starting to get hacked, can we start getting some frame data on these things? That would help a crap load.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Something that might be nice to add is approximate priority, just like high/med/low that kind of stuff.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
now that brawl is starting to get hacked, can we start getting some frame data on these things? That would help a crap load.
If you can somehow come up with a code for the Gecko that can show hitboxes then by all means make one. It's not like it wouldn't take a long time.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I do not have the Gecko anyways... Frame data would be really nice, but it will have to come from someone else prolly.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Basically, using a stopwatch allows for much more human error, hence why I did so many trials in mine, and even then I still came out with results of half frames, etc. De-interlacing the video allows you to just count each frame as you watch it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Heh, now that dspecial is correctly represented, it's pretty obvious that the late aerial hit and late grounded hit are the same in every way.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Hey ph00tbag, can I ask you about the new data you gave me for the Usmash?

Knockback of 3303, KGR of 0

what happens when charged? and is that it first or last hit?

Also: updated the rest of the new data

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Hey ph00tbag, can I ask you about the new data you gave me for the Usmash?

Knockback of 3303, KGR of 0

what happens when charged? and is that it first or last hit?
That's the first hit, and as I recall, it is not affected by charging.

Adapt

Smash Lord
New Update: Frame data

It's not complete, but still good to have.
I will check with 3GOD to see if he can get the rest of the data for us. Especially on d-special, which is the move I am most interested in

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm not sure about those data for the landing lag of uair and nair. I never feel like there's any lag on the latter, and the former always feels about as laggy as fair to me. 3GOD, are you sure about this.

Also, Paralyzer needs frame data for the charged shot.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I know what you mean ph00tbag, I asked 3GOD about some of the data, but he hasn't gotten back to me.

Also: UPDATE

I found while testing the spikes in brawl (for the topic in tactical discussion) that her Up-Special can spike with two completely different hitboxes. You get a much stronger spike when you hit the enemy with the tip of the whip as it is rising that if you hit them at the apex.
I'm fairly certain that this has been seen before, but it has never been noted to my knowledge.

I have a whole load of info on the other spikes in the game, but I'm not quite finished it so I won't post it yet.

Adapt

Smash Lord
New Update: A bit more frame data for the flip-jump

Looks like for a lot of physical (not disjointed) attacks there is only 7 frames of vulnerability in the jump between the invincibility ending and the flipstool jump beginning.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Added an update that I have been meaning to make for a couple weeks now.

- Up-Special knockback info completely redone thanks to Faded
- Added a little blurb about the smash-charge vulnerability (promoting my own threads can't hurt can it?)

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
dude, when I read your thread about charging smashes I oozed. amazing find. I was wondering why I would get ***** so hard when I was charging D-Smash for edgeguard and got hit out of it!

Snakeee

Smash Master
good find Adapt. Well I hardly ever charge my smashes anyway except sometimes up smash but thats usually from a pretty safe position.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
I hardly ever charge my smashes anyway except sometimes up smash but thats usually from a pretty safe position.
Yeah, I noticed that... You really should try charging the D-Smash. I see a lot of opportunities in your vids where if you had just charged for a couple more frames you woulda got the stun. It's a really good smash to charge because the charge frame is really late in the animation, so once you release it's like, no time at all before the hitbox comes out. Plus it's hard to punish anyways since after you release you're basically free to do anything.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I was looking at Smaci's IC thread similar to this and he made a table, It looks easier to read so I decided to make my own.

Would it be best to organize the data like this:

and have the frame data all in one place at the end?
I would include the frame data in the table, but I don't have enough of it, there would be too many blank squares

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Hey guys, I was looking at Smaci's IC thread similar to this and he made a table, It looks easier to read so I decided to make my own.
Looks like a good idea. It would certainly be easier to read.

Snakeee

Smash Master
That sounds good, but we'd need the frame data too. Btw, I was told that ZSS' jab is actually 2 frames. Can anyone confirm this?

Adapt

Smash Lord
3GOD got the frame data saying it was 1 frame... And I seem to remember it was correlated by someone else, but I can't remember.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Ok I got the stuff in tabular format now.

Next I have to organize the frame data in a similar fashion. Pity it will be full of empty spaces :(

Hence

Smash Ace
With this information organized in tables, it's much easier to read.
+10 Happy Points

Adapt

Smash Lord
Sure, I was actually gonna ask you for it because I noticed it is no longer at that site.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Yeah, I dunno what happened to the site, but I still have it all archived. I'll email it to you.

Adapt

Smash Lord
ok, I got the frame data in tabular form, but there is a fair bit missing (not even including the frame advantages and such...)

Some of this is probably a couple frames off though. I highlighted any discrepancies of more than a couple frames between my 3 sources

(3GOD, Cake, and http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202204)

I wish I had recording equipment so I could find the rest of this myself...

Just a quick notice, sorry if this counts as necroposting, but I noticed the Smash Attacks and Aerials charts will not load. Have they been deleted from their image host?

Top Bottom