• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee Major OFFICIAL RESULTS

JTsm

Smash Master
1. Dabuz - Grimegrimegrimegrimeeeeee loool. Congratz on getting 1st. GG's in Pools as well.
2. Ally - :snake:/:marth:/:rob: - Yoooooooo yeah don't feel bad for holding the carpool up. You're good at the game and I expected it. Tourney just sloowwwww. Oh and pulling that ROB was unexpected... USE MARTH MORE.
3. Mr. R - Yoooooo good lookin ;)
4. V115 - Wow, I thought you had Mr.R. Good **** with your placing though.
5. MJG - LOOOL Saturday night was just.... xD Nice seeing you man, and congratz with your placing.
5. Swordgard - Your sooooo good! Play Snake more!!! Thanks for housing us.
7. HolyNightmare - I expected you to be taller... lol
7. ChuDat - **** Olimar. lol
9. Tin Man - yooooooo It was nice meeting you. I know the pressure of running National might of got to you or something. The Tourney of Day 1 ran alright (could have finished doubles), but day 2 was meh. Hopefully next time things run better.
9. Zinoto - YOOOOOOO 17th? nah, you got a ton better. I wished you played better players than MI, so you can improve your game. Good stuff getting 9th. If only you beated Swordgard.... lol
13. Meekspeedy - Yooooo MeekCampy. :denzel:
13. Luckay4Lyphe - OMG 1st match of Brawl Crews :denzel:
13. San - Wished I could have played you.
13. Ninjalink - Nice meeting you. Pretty friendly guy. Wished I played you.
17. Mar1 - Nice DK, wished I played you.
17. Dan-Da-Man - YOOOOOOO Finally got to meet you and I wished we could have hung out more. C4! Oh and GG's man. Hopefully I see you later in the future.
17. BillyBeeGood - I so wanted to beat you, but you were in the zone last game. GG's mah dude.
17. Asa - GG's man. Wish Hawaii wasn't so far away.
25. Toronto Joe - yooooooooooo
25. Techiyo - GG's man.
25. Blacktwins - Your Yoshi dominated me.... lol. GG's. I deff will be prepared next time.
25. HungryBox - :denzel::denzel:
25. JTSM - - 25th at a National? Good. Get even better scrub.
33. Thugz - Yoooo Where were you day 2? lol. Hopefully I can see you again.
33. FZK - Hey, I want to say thanks a lot for helping me drive on the way back. I really needed it. Plus, for the gas money. I know the last day was pretty frustrating since we had such a long drive.
33. Ruinn - I don't know you but nice DK. ;)
33. Monk - Nice meeting you. Wished we played some friendlies.
33. R e d X - Hey GG's in pools and bracket.
33. Zhao - Zinoto :denzel:

Melee
9. zinoto + Juggleguy - Very nice guys! Didn't know you made it that far. lol

Bing

Smash Master
Shout out to the ****** melee TO's:

The melee TO's were huge ******s this tourney. They discriminate me for the tag I chose. Then they don't put me in pools until I whomp about why the **** am I not in there. Then they don't put me in bracket and they ended up having to put me in replacement for someone else who apparently dipped (same thing with pools as well). Then they refuse to put my name in the actual bracket making up a bunch of gay excuses which make no sense at all. Their excuse in the end was they are ****ing lazy and don't want to (exactly what they told me). Then they refuse to spell my name even remotely close to what it is just to be trolls. They show absolutely no respect to the common player, so unproffesional. I ****ing get it, you guys don't like my tag so you decide to disrepect me as a player, that's cool guys. I honestly couldn't give a **** what my tag was either, it's just a name. What really pisses me though off is almost not being able to play and the ****ing disrespect they show. Thankyou for the disrepect melee TO's you guys are ****ing losers. If I didn't say **** I would have not been able to participate just for just picking a tag they didn't approve of. ****ing ******s!

Oh ye and to those who are wondering my tag was, it was goku, and just for the lulz go check how it was spelt in brawl results compared to the melee results
:phone:

...lol what? I treated you with respect, and I was a melee T.O

Now Im going to handle this calmly.

You got 4th seed in your pool, i personally told you this because you told me you made melee bracket, then while making the melee amateur bracket, i saw you got 4th seed.

Now I don't agree with the troll name thing they did, I didnt seed pro bracket. Regardless for future reference, don't go off on the whole lot of us, when it wasn't all of us.

Shout outs coming in a few minutes. Wanted to handle this asap.

unknown522

Some guy

The melee TO's were huge ******s this tourney. They discriminate me for the tag I chose. Then they don't put me in pools until I whomp about why the **** am I not in there. Then they don't put me in bracket and they ended up having to put me in replacement for someone else who apparently dipped (same thing with pools as well). Then they refuse to put my name in the actual bracket making up a bunch of gay excuses which make no sense at all. Their excuse in the end was they are ****ing lazy and don't want to (exactly what they told me). Then they refuse to spell my name even remotely close to what it is just to be trolls. They show absolutely no respect to the common player, so unproffesional. I ****ing get it, you guys don't like my tag so you decide to disrepect me as a player, that's cool guys. I honestly couldn't give a **** what my tag was either, it's just a name. What really pisses me though off is almost not being able to play and the ****ing disrespect they show. Thankyou for the disrepect melee TO's you guys are ****ing losers. If I didn't say **** I would have not been able to participate just for just picking a tag they didn't approve of. ****ing ******s!

Oh ye and to those who are wondering my tag was, it was goku, and just for the lulz go check how it was spelt in brawl results compared to the melee results
I have no clue who that was, but it definitely wasn't me. Careful where you place the blame.

I also didn't hear one word about this either

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Tin man/bing/other behind the scenes guys: you're all amazing and tourneys couldn't happen without ya =)

Mango: douche

hungrybox: nice sheik

M2K: nice puff

lemme help you with the falco matchup man I got you!

KK: STOP IT OMFG

I'll help you vs Marth more if you want. <3

Silent Wolf: SILENT WOLF OH MY GAAAAHHH

Sfat: GGs haha they were fun

Kage: MM me you worm!

Unknown:We never play lol. I liked your smiles this tourney if it's any consolation =)

Vwins: don't be mad at me plz....next canadian tourney we're good c'mon manz

weon-x: super duper ultra mega hyper homie. tytytyty

raynEX: MAD FUN chillin witchya.

ultimascout: we got ONE!!!

just a few more games to go lmfao

vudujin's car: mad respect

pride week: ty

canadian females: ZUHHHHH

kk in freak mode: OH MY GOSH WTF ARE YOU

EVEN

all who attended: thanks for making this a great event!

if I missed you lemme know I'll add you =)

unknown522

Some guy
^ Yes I have a good smile :D

Next time we gotta play though

Edit:
I feel cool posting in here, so I'm going to ask generic question that has been answered billions of times and is actually IN the OP but I choose to ignore that fact cause I'm FLYING HIGH OHHH YEAH

WHERE THE VIDS AT GUIZE?
doesn't drekken deal with that?

So is this officially Canada's largest Melee tournament ever? I can't remember anything else approaching 80. Probably a new overall attendants (Brawl+Melee) record too?

If so, congrats
naw. We've had more for melee, but those were back in 2005/2006.

My/Raynex's first tourney had more entrants by 6 people. There were a few that broke 100 entrants. There were a couple o local tourneys with 80+ entrants as well. We even used to have a 5v5 crews tourney. Double elim (since there were no singles pools back then).

Also TCT2 (trans-Canada tournament 2) might have as well, back in 2007 (I didn't show up to that though).

But yeah, thanks for the support

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
some shouts to people I played;

Dabuz - nice job man, as expected. You're a lot nicer than I expected, and don't worry about me lmao, I'm veryy underpracticed at this game.. I literally only play at tourneys

Swordgard - what happened to going all Fox? lmao. Happy you came out, and great placing!

Will - too ****ing good, that DK lol. Idk how you live with D3 but I def can't pull DK as far as you so I got secondaries. Really fun games, hope to play again

Stroumbert - losing our set to my OWN c4 exploding was heartbreaking! lmao. buuut I'm glad I didn't have to play Luckay's camPit next round, and I had a great time playing ya!

San - how does he DO it!?

Mar1 - slick DK, keep repping!

Zetsu - nice placing this time, and ggs

Asa - yoo, tell LT he sucks. Also you're a lot more legit than I expected lol, wish we could've got in some more matches

Chris Fisch - ggs! you seemed so sad after I beat you in pools :( but glad you made a comeback in bracket and got a good placing!

Toronto Joe - MKs back, it's only a matter of time loll

Techiyo - ggs, I didn't realize my Snake could cause that much frustration :(

JTSM - yoOoooOo! We'll chill again sometime, dw ;)

Ruinn - yee man I've always secondaried D3, cause I hate the Snake ditto, and you went ICs on my Fox soo I wasn't gonna let your Snake go without some revenge haha

Thugz - sad to see you lose that stock on a trip, you're legit though so next time you'll go in

Monk - sorry man, we could've done a LOT better. idk how you put up with Mario being so wretched :( that dedication and patience is admirable

special shouts to:

All of Quebec - you were all hilarious a great to have in the crowd during the crew battle, I'm glad you guys came out!

Cruxis - you left soo early, I had to do shots MM with Sk instead!

*** Suzaku - really glad you came out! ENTER NEXT TIME. GGs and thanks for the warm up; really helped

HolyNightmare - during the crew battle when V landed a dsmash, you jumped up and went "EYESSS" but he somehow missed the bair after.. made me choke on my lunch with laughter, haha. Glad you came out man!

IMPULSE Staff - idc what people say, you guys put in a lot of effort to set this up, I really appreciate it. Learn from mistakes, and next one will be ****ing awesome

Zhao - zZzzzZzZzZzzzzzzZzz; us every tourney

V115 - I dashed out before our MM to go drinkin, wah ha ha. Good **** though, I knew way back when we teamed together and placed so high that you had the skill of a top player, and now everyone else knows it haha

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7

You got 4th seed in your pool, i personally told you this because you told me you made melee bracket, then while making the melee amateur bracket, i saw you got 4th seed.

Now I don't agree with the troll name thing they did, I didnt seed pro bracket. Regardless for future reference, don't go off on the whole lot of us, when it wasn't all of us.

Adding on to this, I ran registration and set up the player list in Tio for the melee laptop. You were definitely entered in as Goku. If they changed that at some step, either setting up pools or the brackets, that's on them.

Like Bing said, don't pin this on all of us please.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
So I won't have internet until after the weekend (going camping) so I'll do full shoutouts when I get back on Monday (hopefully Amateur Brackets will be up by then)

For now, quick shoutouts

Stroumbert/Luckay - Great to finally meet you guys

Bing - Good games in both Amateur Brackets lol

Red X - Good games in Brawl Pools and Melee Amateur Bracket

The TOs - Great Job with the tournament, My best tournament experience so far for both Brawl and Melee

Kirby - **** you, I need to learn how to fight you.

I'll do more stuff when I get home on Monday/Sunday night.

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
1. Dabuz ($350) - man I still can't believe how hard you hustled drake LMFAO. what did you say your tag was again? was it ben?
2. Ally ($175) - // Had a really fun set, first time I'd had that much fun in brawl in a while tbh. needs more spotdodge
3. Mr. R ($70)- Fun friendlies after the tournament. #1 marth
4. V115 ($35) - MAN V? THAT KID IS SOOOOO BADDDD. you mix up the right amount of reads with your tech skill and it's a pleasure to watch and play you
5. MJG ($21) - heh....5th is doubles. what a scrub <333333333333333333333
5. Swordgard ($21) - / ggs, you're really chill in person (haha, get it, ic dittos...nvm stfu <3 )
7. HolyNightmare ($14) - LOL. #2 that is all
7. ChuDat ($14) - / everytime I see you play I think "how does this guy win?" and the I get smashed by you in doubles haha. really nice guy looking forward to seeing you at future events
9. Will - (obligatory NS chill comment/ginger shot/will is awesome come to HS6/<3)
9. Stroumbert - / good games in dubs. that falcon....THAT FALCON
9. Tin Man - no worries about the doubles and gentlemens rule man. had a time at impulse
9. Zinoto - ****ing no gentlemens rule haha. great games, love the mix of aggresion in your diddy
13. Meekspeedy - really nice guy. thanks for telling me a couple things in the pit MU. friendlies were dumb....ALL YI MAN
13. San - Fun friendlies. y u no f-smash read me
13. Ninjalink - link me that post on the jiggs rollout shenanagans
17. Croi - trash, ****ty partner. 2/10 would not hug if we came 4th
17. Firefly - your kirby is pretty good....except vs mk MWHAHAHAHAHAH. see you at hs6 :D
17. Mar1 - didnt get to talk, nice placqing. saw that set vs tin and had me on my seat too
17. Dan-Da-Man - // didnt get to play, nice placing tho
17. Big D - expected bigger. pretty cool guy I herd
17. Zetsu - fun friendlies. hbox was so salty when he lost to you "**** this game back to melee" LOLOLOL
17. BillyBeeGood - wheres the mk you scrub?
17. Asa - ants
25. Toronto Joe - so chill man....so ****ING CHILL
25. HungryBox - those games in crews were fun as hell to watch haha
25. JTSM - game 1 was a sad day for me haha. great games. you have some solid decision making as snake :p
25. Drake - NS trash go home
33. Atilla - Ties with zhao OLLOLOLOLOOLOLOLLL
33. Fuddo - get dq'd more :(
33. Warchamp - you make a ton of good decisions as falco. you should keep at your game. also stream. godlike. thx
33. Zhao - can't even beat zinoto. soo bad

extras
White: winning more money than NS because of amateur bracket LOLOLOL
unknown. that fox is so good man. wrecking crews
J.R's car. can't believe it survived a 40 hour road trip. jeeeesuuus

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Some shoutouts:

Inle - bro you are so underrated and I honestly think ppl should stop being salty when they lose to you, you've improved so much! Thanks for teaming with me, I had a lot of fun and would love to do it again :)

Zhao - really enjoyed our set in pools, let's play again sometime

Blacktwins & Zinoto - ggs in pools

Cruxis - my *****!!!!!!!!!! Ggs in dubs (you too thugz)

DDM & monk - sorry for laming you in dubs :(

Blackgold - ggs in ammies!

White - GGs to you too

Shard - good **** in gfs!!!!

There was a guy from NS I fought in ammies who went g&w/marth, unfortunately don't remember your name :( but ggs, you put up a great fight!

To everyone I faced in smash 64, it was fun, ggs guys. I still feel like a ****head for that kirby ditto. Still salty that I got dq'ed when my opponent knew I was in a bracket dubs match, I know it's a free tourney but that doesn't make it any less dumb...

Zetsu - GOOD ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dabuz - grats on 1st dude! Was really nice meeting you :)

To all the OOS people I housed (dabuz, Will, ChuDat, Mr-R, Monk, Asa, Big D) it was a blast to have you guys over whether for 1 night or 3, hope to see you guys back in ontario sometime :) I was blown away by how appreciative you guys were!

I'm also salty about my pools seeding... I know I'm not a great player but I honestly feel I shoulda been in pro bracket

Mprime

Smash Ace

I apollogize bing I forgot to mention this was not adressed to all melee TO's. You were cool bro. Just 1 or 2 guys were being douche bags and i have no idea what there names are. Also as for the 4th seed i remember that but one of the TO's told me i made it. I believe it was because of someone dropping.

Bing

Smash Master
SHOUTOUTS! Sorry if I forgot you :S

1. Dabuz - Hope you still remember my name! Great meeting you, you seem like a cool guy. Congratz on First place!
2. Ally - Well done, I love that Marth in gfs!
3. Mr. R - Dude teach me Marth. Thanks for coming! You're a pretty chill guy... and your magic trick...
4. V115 - Im Salty about you getting 2 infinites on me in 1 match... Im not salty because you got 4th and beat Swordgard... Congratz Homie!
7. ChuDat - You were probably one of my favourite people to meet, no doubt. Sucks we never got to play. Thanks for coming out man!
9. Will - Thanks for coming out, I hope you liked the tour!
9. Tin Man - Got **** my *****! Doin work! <3
13. Meekspeedy - hmm, Ill tolerate this. Good **** lolol. Whats this about you going pit?
13. Luckay4Lyphe - Hey it was great meeting you, I'll do better next time we play.
17. Big D - Dude you are way too ****ing tall. Drink some coffee or something damnit!
17. Asa - Nice meeting you, enjoyed hanging out before the tournament :)
25. Cruxis - Nice meeting you man, I enjoyed playing against you in Brawl, I.O.U a money match.
25. Toronto Joe - Good ****. We need Fox Dittos, Im sure I can take you ;)
33. Leafshadow - Good **** Pepper!
33. Goku - Im taking you out next time!
33. Fuddo - Hmm, didnt think you were going to make it out to Impulse, nice to see you made bracket too!
33. .exe - Good **** :)
33. R e d X - Mark :( Thanks for the hotel, and all your hard work. I really enjoyed our friendlies, watch out though, Im taking you out next time!
33. Warchamp - Woo! Way to represent Niagara homie! Thanks for all your help, the graphics were ****

1: Mango - MANGO! Nice meeting you, my facebook support group LOL. Congratz on first place, you owe me beer pong you ****!
2: Dr. PeePee - Good **** PP, That gfs was incredible, thank you both for the amazing show.
3: Hungrybox - Thanks for coming out Juan!
4: Mew2King - I enjoyed friendlies with you, hopefully next time I can hold my own. lol
5: KirbyKaze DAVID! Good ****. Im proud of you, them style points vs M2K... you so won that set ;)
5: Vwins - Damn, well done. Your Peach is too good, good **** in crews too!
7: unknown522 - Ryan lol. Amazing **** in crews, and I loved our 2-3am friendlies... I ****ing hate your Falcon though LOL
7: Kage the Warrior - Way to **** floaties Kage... and that **** against SFAT. OH MY.
9: Nintendude - ICs ****. Great job :)
9: RaynEX - THE RETURN OF RAYNEX. Missed you man, good games at A&C, glad to hear you can actually tell I've improved.
9: SFAT - Thanks for making the trip from Cali, it was great having you :)
9: Weon-X - Camilo! Great job as always, heard you were getting off on M2K for awhile LOL. I played you in pools so I'd to hear some notes on our set :S
13: Winston - Im not gunna lie... Im shocked. Good ****!
13: I.B - Imadh - Well done! Pretty solid placing. Glad you guys EVENTUALLY made it day 1 -_-
13: Silent Wolf - Thanks for coming out :) That really sucks about your controller man :(
13: Bam - Had fun during team friendlies... I think you got like 9 shine spikes on me LOL
17: Izek - Wow man, Im proud of you, I wasn't sure how far you'd make it lol... You can take SFAT next time lol ;)
17: summonedfist - Good **** Jack, Im sad because I never got to play you in friendlies :(
17: Idea - Kyle! I thought you'd finish higher for sure! Oh well I guess, **** happens. I enjoyed our friendlies Thursday. I honestly thought I could beat your puff...
17: tect - I enjoyed our friendlies on Sunday(?) Nice to see you on the Canadian crew too!

17: Toph - It was awesome meeting you! You seem like a pretty fun guy. We never got to play though! sadface :(
25: Riddlebox - Well done James! Thanks for the help Thursday with the TVs. Hope you can make it to A&C for the next monthly :)
25: H I V + - Sorry for bailing on you in teams but Im too ****ty to drag someone of your skill down LOL I enjoyed our time at Harveys aswell
25: UltimaScout - You my friend. Are a ****ing saint. Thank you so much for the help on Monday, you saved our *****! I also enjoyed our friendlies.Especially the ridiculous ones on Sunday night at like 3am. Ganon dittos, you koing me with the up-tilt, then like 15 seconds later me getting the warlock punch. Good **** lol I was dying XD
25: Europhoria - Good games in pools, pretty sure this was like the first time I enjoyed playing against you because I didnt get horriby ***** :S
25: HammerTime - **** ICs. Good friendlies though :)
25: Juggleguy - Just like HIV+, I enjoyed hanging out with you guys. Sorry for not having the correct cash on me though :( I owe you dinner or something LOL
33: Roid Rage - hm, good ****, NEXT TIME COME BACK FOR DAY 2 XD
33: TastyGoldFish - It was great seeing you, too bad we never hungout like we said we were going to(What else is new D:) Im going to beat you really soon though, just you wait!
33: The Pizz - Haha good games, your falco is so weird... XD
33: cdp- Good games in friendles lol
33: Jethrotex - Dylan you've improved so much, keep it up man! And congratz on 2nd seed in your pool :)
33: Anth0ny - I sort of hate you. You knock me out in pools... then dont show for day 2... UGHHHH </3
Karma = Italy getting ****ing ***** -_-

BlackGold - Good games lol. I ****ing wanted that set against you in amateurs(Brawl) ****ing Falco. LOL. Remember what I said about your Mewtwo.

Amateur Brackets - To those who showed up, thank you lol. made running **** really confusing :S

Rikana - Good games in friendlies, always a pleasure :)

Too the rest of the staff. Thank you for everything, you all made this experience much better.
Shard - Im going to beat you soon, congratz on 2nd in amateurs!
TyrantWolf - Thanks for doing such a great job running melee brackets :)
Pidgezero_One - You deserve to be on the staff, you did a lot of work with the housing and by far one of the greatest people I know. Thanks for being, well, thanks for being you!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Kirby - **** you, I need to learn how to fight you.
Lol dude just noticed this, you kicked my *** last time we faced at a tourney tho!

@ Bing d'awwww thanks bro! :)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
4. V115 ($35) – you totally stood clear of the doors this tourney. Quality stuff man.
This is the best shoutout I've ever gotten in my life. ****ing killed me XD

1. Dabuz ($350) - Good job on taking first. I feel like I would have won game 2 of our set, but I derped during the stage flip >.<
You probably would have won the set regardless, though

2. Ally ($175) - Didn't get to play a single game against you, other than doubles. I was surprised at how good your Marth was, I was expecting you to take GFs.
Also, why ROB?
Maybe you need to brush up on your Falco/ICs so you have a solid answer to Oli in MK banned tournies?

3. Mr. R ($70) - Our set was fun, as were our friendlies. I feel like I would have won game 3 of our set, but I kinda derped >.<
Then again, you derped game 1. Doesn't matter, I'll get you next time :D
It was nice meeting you, I was surprised at how well you speak english. Is it your first language?
I have no idea what language they speak in Holland lol

4. V115 ($35) - WHATS GOOD ******

5. MJG ($21) - GGs. I felt like I kinda had an advantage from the getgo because I've seen you play before, so I had a good understanding of when you cross up on shield and whatnot. I just tried my best to not let you get away with your mindgames, I guess it worked out.

5. Swordgard ($21) - :awesome:
I'm so bad against Snake :urg:

7. HolyNightmare ($14) - Good job during crews. I should have MMed you, I know how to not screw up the infinite now :D

7. ChuDat ($14) - Nice meeting you dude, good job on beating in.
You're right; I think it's about time I travelled to the states and stole some of that delicious american money.

9. Will - MM and friendlies are fun...still salty about losing game 5 of that MM though.
And salty about losing doubles.

9. Zinoto - HURRAY FOR INFINITES
I was kinda scared when I found out that I had to face you cause I have NO Diddy experience whatsoever, but...I felt like I had you pretty much downloaded during game 2.
**** the SV platform

13. Meekspeedy - Dat pillow

13. Luckay4Lyphe - Fun friendlies + pools set.

13. San - Oh god I'm happy I didn't face you in crews, you were beating me pretty bad in friendlies lol
Ike is...like wtf man

13. Ninjalink - HURRAY FOR DIDDY KONG LOL

17. Croi - GGs.

17. Firefly - GGs.

17. Mar1 - Too bad we didn't get in many friendlies, you were doing a lot better against me than you were at RoS

17. Dan-Da-Man - We'll MM at No BS3?

17. Big D - We still haven't played a SINGLE game!
Though I had fun gimping you in doubles :D

17. Zetsu - Holy crap, good job dude. Really didn't expect this from you

25. Cruxis - MM on the 23rd?

25. Toronto Joe - GGs. I believe you still owe me $5.

25. Blacktwins - Hurray for $20 MMs. Fun friendlies too.

25. HungryBox - Omg you took a stock off of Ally you jerk

25. Drake - Had fun commentating with you dude.

33. Thugz - We didn't MM :\
Or play at all, lol.

33. Ruinn - I hope you liked my controller.

33. Goku - Hilarious games in pools XD

33. Monk - GGs.

33. Poke - Your commentary was a lot better this time around, though I didn't hear much of it.

33. R e d X - Thanks for teaming with me. It's weird; usually I feel like a bit held down by you whenever we team, but at this tourney it felt like the opposite :\

UltimaScout - It was nice meeting you and housing you

And shoutouts to Shard, Red X, Bing, Tin, and any other TOs whose names I'm forgetting (I think the rest were Melee TOs?)
I had tons of fun at this even though it ran a bit late, the best tourney I've been to so far. I'm definitely down for IMPULSE 2

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
naw. We've had more for melee, but those were back in 2005/2006.

My/Raynex's first tourney had more entrants by 6 people. There were a few that broke 100 entrants. There were a couple o local tourneys with 80+ entrants as well. We even used to have a 5v5 crews tourney. Double elim (since there were no singles pools back then).

Also TCT2 (trans-Canada tournament 2) might have as well, back in 2007 (I didn't show up to that though).
Oh wow. Didn't know all that. I'd be very interested in the names of those tournaments / results threads. Old Canada data is noticeably missing from smash history (SSBPD) so that'd really help. I don't think I have any Canada tournies in my 100+ list..

Canada 2gud.

But yeah, thanks for the support
homie <3

I'm assuming you guys had 130-140 unique entrants between games, and realistically, thats pretty ****ing incredible for your first event. Good iiissshhh

Plus the stream. The streeaaaam. Shoutouts to the stream. :)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
First of all, shoutouts to Switchblade for being an awesome host for my crew. You made this trip possible for us and we can't thank you enough for that. I love the Snake Man ring tone:)

Tin Man - Thank you for putting this awesome event together. It was definitely worth driving from the USA to attend and you were really helpful in coordinating our housing and stuff.

1: Mango - too good
2: Dr PeePee - always an inspiration. You'll get him next time! thanks for the friendlies
3: Hungrybox - damn you are becoming a scary teams player. Your Ness is funny too.
4: Mew2King - dude you still have what it takes to be the best at this game. Don't get discouraged!
5: KirbyKaze - teaming was a lot of fun! All of your characters are ridiculous and I'm glad I finally got to play you for a bit.
5: Vwins - I honestly really underestimated how good you are lol. Congrats on top-5.
7: unknown522 - dammit lol you really wrecked me this time. Always a pleasure though and I'll make sure to step it up for next time.
7: Kage the Warrior - those were some good games we had at the end there. That comeback vs. SFAT was awesome.
9: Nintendude - not too shabby
9: RaynEX - ggs. You really picked up on the matchup fast after getting used to it.
9: SFAT - glad we finally got to play. You're really good and I hope to see you at another tournament soon.
9: Weon-X - wish we had played a little bit more, but ggs and good seeing you.
13: Winston - You're the man for warming me up vs. Luigi. Though, it's too bad I had to play you right after Vudujin lol.
13: I.B - thanks for all the games. Glad we finally got to play!
13: Silent Wolf - sucks that your controller broke =/ ggs and next time I'd like to MM your Fox!
13: Bam - You're pretty much the only top player I didn't get to play. You were mad impressive though and I'd like to MM you next time.
17: Vudujin - Sheesh our set was intense. Does camping under platforms really shut Luigi down that well? That was honestly the first time I tried that and I was surprised by how well it worked. This matchup is just weird lol. Also good stuff teaming with a level 9 Luigi that was hilarious
17: Idea~ - ggs. HBox's advice to you was good and I think it'll help your anti-ICs game.
17: tect - thanks for the games and I'll see you soon.
17: nakamaru - It was a pleasure to meet you and I really enjoyed our games.
17: Icer - Super impressive considering how little experience you have. I'm still so amazed at how quickly you improve. Keep at it and you'll become a major force in no time.
17: Toph - I'm glad we finally got lots of matches in. ggs in doubles too
25: H I V + - ggs in bracket
25: Juggleguy - I wish I saw your set vs. unknown b/c beating that guy is no easy feat (and it also screwed over my bracket LOL)
33: Papa Spitfire - good stuff making it into the pro bracket. Keep at it!

San - I'm a bit biased but you are still my favorite Brawl player to watch. I had fun in doubles and I'm glad you were able to come with us.
Ninja Link - good seeing you again!
Jimmy / aznstorm - Congrats on winning the amateur bracket and good stuff with getting everyone to sign the club Gamecube! See you soon.
YBOMBB - I already said this in that other thread but ggs and congrats on the well-deserved win. I definitely would have played more games with you if I wasn't trying to play 3 brackets simultaneously LOL. See you at Apex.
B Link - Crap I never played you... Are you going to Apex?
keatsta - Good to meet you finally!

Bing

Smash Master
I apollogize bing I forgot to mention this was not adressed to all melee TO's. You were cool bro. Just 1 or 2 guys were being douche bags and i have no idea what there names are. Also as for the 4th seed i remember that but one of the TO's told me i made it. I believe it was because of someone dropping.

I can understand you're frustration, I mean I'd get annoyed if someone trolled my name at a National. I saw the bracket once to see where it was at(Actually I think I was looking to make sure you actually made bracket like you said) And your name was spelt like "Gokhoo"

unknown522

Some guy
Adding on to this, I ran registration and set up the player list in Tio for the melee laptop. You were definitely entered in as Goku. If they changed that at some step, either setting up pools or the brackets, that's on them.

Like Bing said, don't pin this on all of us please.
yeah, I saw Goku as well. Didn't know what was MPrime though

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
Alrighty, SHOUTOUTS TIME!!!!

1. Dabuz ($350) - Good job winning first bro!
2. Ally ($175) - Sucks you didn't get first bro... :(
7. ChuDat ($14) - I talked to you all for 5 minutes when we were going back to Stef's place so.... Nice to meet you! xD
9. Will - I love watching your DK, the dedication to him shows so much when you play!
9. Stroumbert - I give respect to any Falcon main, good job!
9. Tin Man - Glad I could be there to calm you down bro, this tourney took a lot out of ya...
13. Meekspeedy - I wish I got to see that Pit in action >.<
13. San - Good friendlies man! You shut me down so hard!
17. Zetsu - Good job dude! You placed pretty good!
17. Asa - Good friendlies man! PT dittos ftw!
25. Techiyo - GG's dude, you were way better than I expected!
33. Leafshadow - Nice to see ya again :)
33. Thugz - YO! After our set I had the weirdest Saltiness! Like, I was salty that I lost, but our matches were so close I was just pumped up and excited I did so well! ... I still wish I won... I'd ask you for a rematch, but you're MK main -____- Haha, I kid, if you come around again, I'll take on your MK anyways, it was a fun set!
33. Crowbar - YOU F**KING A**HOLE! WHY DIDN'T YOU GO DAY 2? :<<<<
33. R e d X - You didn't even win a game in the bracket? Now I definitely wish I saw what happened, I guess it just wasn't your day?
33. Warchamp - Great job on the stream! (You happy, you arrogant jerk!?)
33. Inle - Good friendlies man, IVYSAUR OPENS UP SOMETIMES! xD

All in all, a great tourney, glad I could help out where I could! I didn't come day two since I didn't expect to do too well in Pro bracket, especially with a third seed. (IE if I beat you Thugz <.< lol jk)

But even then, I more or less didn't want to commute and spend my whole day in Toronto, sometimes you want to just stay home and sleep you know? Obviously I'm somewhat regretting it now :/

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
To dandaman: I hate the snake match-up, I totally get it as MK (and even there it took me months to get it) but as marth, I'm clueless. I'll try to master it for next time.

GGs to everyone I played, and it was cool talking with you guys, lots of fun.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
1: Mango ($390) - first time i got to actually meet you. You're pretty chill. Gj in grand finals.
2: Dr. PeePee ($195) - You'll get him next time. It was fun hanging with you after the tourney on saturday.
3: Hungrybox ($78) - double ness team. There is a first time for everything.
5: KirbyKaze ($24) - Thank you so much for the housing. It is always nice seeing you even if we didn't get to play. Thanks for fixing my controller too. <3
7: unknown522 ($15) - You're too fast no matter what controller you're holding. I'll learn how to play foxes someday.
7: Kage the Warrior ($15) - Man you hit hard. I don't have the stamina yet to keep up with you. That'll change next time we play. I'm coming for you kage!
9: Nintendude - It was awesome meeting you too. I didn't know ICs could change the direction they pop people with nana.
9: RaynEX - Best fox practice i ever get. love seeing you and the canada crew. <3 Stay active in smash!
9: SFAT - Watching you play drunk league was really funny. And single button melee is the worst thing on the planet. Never again.
9: Weon-X - Didn't get to play much but you did really well this tournament. Can't wait to see you again.
13: Winston - You're really chill and i like your style. Wish i talked to you more.
13: I.B - It was really cool meeting you for the first time. I love your marth and you shouldn't stop playing him. Fox and falco are just cop-outs. :p
13: Silent Wolf - Glad to hear you got home safe and that your plane got delayed.
17: Vudujin - I was going to team with you, but i am really glad that i didn't.
17: Idea - Didn't play as much as i'd like, but good **** vs m2k in crews. Hope we can chill again soon.
17: nakamaru - Shape up scrub
17: Toph - First round bracket match and finished same place. High five!
25: Riddlebox - I have to brush up on my SA2:B game for next time. I swear i suck at any game that isn't smash because of smash. haha
25: UltimaScout - Always good seeing ya.
25: Windrose - GGs man, we played for way to long on that one TV. We should make sure not to play for so long next time.
25: Juggleguy - We finally got to play friendlies! It was a long time since Hope and i love playing your falcon. You always punish me for my arrogant tricks.

Morning thunder - Thanks for helping me sell those energy drinks. Hope the tournaments get going near philly. Your venue sounds awesome with those prizes.

TOs - Rough tournament but i had fun. If there is an Impulse 2 i'll definitely try to attend.

Anyone i forgot - GGs sorry i'm bad at shout outs. If it wasnt for results list i'd never remember anyone. xD

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Oh ****, getting my password/user feels so ****ing good. Ahh~

Now straight to business

I also appologize to anyone this does not adress, i do not know the names of anyone and i know it was not every melee TO involved.
First of all, QQ moar, I was expecting this shoutout from when I left that night, but pleasantly surprised you sound like more of a ***** on the boards than you did in person, congratulations. Second of all, don't ****ing start some pity trip here over your ****ing name and fail to put in parts to the actual story.

- When you weren't in pools, I had no idea how you weren't in since Warchamp7 had to manually insert names into tio (not his fault either, nor am I blaming him) but I ended up putting your name in. I had you in the first round of pools but couldn't find you (found out later)

- When I found out after the 1st wave of pools were finished that you weren't in the 2nd wave (due to the confusion made from holding back on HBox's pool, instead of playing it) I had to manually add you into pools that already had 5, while the first wave having pools of 4 or 5 with 1-2 people missing in them (but at this point they left for their break, so I couldn't add you in) so I had you play out your pool in a pool of 6 (even though I had to look for you, and could've/should've DQ'd you for your lack of comunnication)

- You played your pools and I had to asterisks your name because I'm sure you didn't know you got out of your pool, so I started to ask around and look for you, I think I told you that you got through (that, or told you before you played your pool that if you got 4th you'd be in bracket) so the following day I had you in the bracket

- THEN, when Tio in all it's glory advanced the respected players it cut off the top 3 in each pool. (This is where "Goku" was cut-out of bracket entirely) and from the bracket build-up it had added a guy who wasn't even there from a pool from the 1st wave advanced (Ultra_Luigi), but I obviously knew who you were, so I tried calling out for you alerting you of the change/where you're playing--you didn't respond, so I kept calling for you Sunday morning to find you and alert you that you were playing your bracket match (ask the melee guys how often I was yelling for Goku like a moron looking for you)

- Then you show yourself, and ask about why you're Ultra_Luigi. We then listed the following excuses

1. The bracket is made, and is well into progress so it isn't possible for us to do anything about it

2. When we tried (we ****ing tried, too) to change the name it gave us difficulty and wouldn't let my buddy who was on the laptop.

3. The other way we thought of changing/fixing it is going back into the tio pools sheet and change your name, but we found out that it would recreate the bracket.

response to those reasons: Yes I said we were too lazy, but if you weren't so ****ing emo the context and tone was clearly playful and implying that with the workload we had, we didn't/couldn't do it due to time constraints. Think about it, you wanted me to fix your name (which you were mopping around like a ***** even after we gave you the reasons why) and have us stop bracket progress, and re-enter other people's victories just so that your name is correctly spelled. Kindly stfu.

It's funny though, I could've DQ's you when

1. You were nowhere to be found during pools at one point
2. You were nowhere to be found during brackets

I understand you were playing Brawl, but Nintindude was far in Melee doubles, and S64, was participating in Brawl doubles AND had singles pools and even then I had contact with him while he was hopping around, and funny enough I was on his *** with the DQ threat and we housed the ****ing guy, who came from US. But, hey I got your name wrong and you felt like "you were being trolled over it". ****ing hilarious.

I had no issue with your name, I had to write/add into melee bracket a pair of usernames by the likes of:

xXx-/MLG\-hEaDsHoTakfkaufhh-\xxx
and something else just like that, but did I troll them? no, you know why? because I had no ambition of trolling people. Yeah, your name was spelled wrong, but my buddy just put your name that way so that we knew to call "Goku" instead of "Ultra_Luigi"

All in all, this is typical. It's always the smashers you bendover for that ****ing complain the most. I'm just typing this **** in blindfury and some sadistic joy to point out how much of a ***** you are.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
33. Warchamp - you make a ton of good decisions as falco. you should keep at your game. also stream. godlike. thx
Thanks man. I felt really on top of my game for Impulse but sadly I got thrown up against a lot of good players, made it feel a lot less so haha.

I think if I work on my spacing and not getting punished so hard particularly, I'll be in a good place.

And shoutouts to Shard, Red X, Bing, Tin, and any other TOs whose names I'm forgetting (I think the rest were Melee TOs?)
I had tons of fun at this even though it ran a bit late, the best tourney I've been to so far. I'm definitely down for IMPULSE 2
Ouch.

TyrantWolf said:
I knew I liked you.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I really want to see a set between Dabuz and Esam...

Top Bottom