• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE 2013 (June 15-16) Toronto, Ontario -- Vids are up on YOUTUBE, see first post

B Link

Smash Lord
I doubt it will change cuz he's not the stream owner. Reminds me of Sensei vs Isai at FC.

In other news, the great ACOLYTE has been invited!!! He says he will go if his work schedule allows for it.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
That's the same as everything else. Apex top-4 was at like 10am and I Zenith top-6 was supposed to start at 10am but started at 11am. We'll always have to deal with that crappy time slot until we gain more legitimacy as a competitive scene, but hey at least we're getting stream time consistently now. That's a big step up from a couple years ago when nobody cared at all.

B Link

Smash Lord
Last time there was like 7 people who I don't even know that showed up. I would say 16 is currently met and any extras would depend on how many unknowns show up.

Can anyone confirm setups? Last time they had 3, I'll bring 1 and Silentshott said he would bring 1 as well, meaning we've got 5.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
if the ns carpool is willing to leave early friday instead of thursday(school reasons), then ill go, but I doubt they'll do that for me.

B Link

Smash Lord
**** you ns carpool

And I take back what I said, I'm still gonna play in this tourney. I was hella dissapointed when I read that boom wasn't coming, but it sounds like it'll be fun anyway. So I'm gonna go. Cheers.

GoodleShoes

Smash Apprentice
Looking forward to watching the stream for this. Will there only be a stream for the top 4 on the 16th?

B Link

Smash Lord
BRACKET

Nice seeing you in person UNREAL. Your DI method is hilarious, yet surprisingly effective! Hahahaha

This tourney was crazy, someone had a seizure and EMS came.

Top 4:
YBOMBB
B Link
*** Vwls
Revan (PRO KIRBY)

5. Sextc/Unreal
7. Yoshiguru (YBOMBB's Brother)/Thebawse

Tune in at 10:00am EST at twitch.tv/clashtournaments for the top 4.

SilentShottt

Smash Cadet
Thanks b link once MCAT is over I'm going to train on controller until I'm at my keyboard level.. You are too good on console!

WAIT, WHERE WAS RUDY?????

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Thanks b link once MCAT is over I'm going to train on controller until I'm at my keyboard level.. You are too good on console!

WAIT, WHERE WAS RUDY?????

This is going to be a serious post.​
Some things have gone up and I couldn't of made it.​
Also fathers day was an issue.​
If there are any other Tournaments over this summer I will gladly attend and teach everyone over live stream against Boom.​
Hope it was good.​
I will be watching the live stream.​

B Link

Smash Lord
GGs everyone, I hope you enjoyed the stream.

Results (28 Entrants)
1. YBOMBB ($165)
2. Revan ($70)
3. B Link ($30)
4. *** Vwls ($15)
5. Sextc/Unreal
7. Yoshiguru (YBOMBB's Brother)/Thebawse

Too lazy to type out the rest. See bracket above.

Thanks to Tin Man for organizing the biggest Toronto ssb64 tourney to date, and for negotiating with ClashTournaments to get ssb64 some viewer time.

The Top 4 videos will be on youtube.com/clashtournaments in the near future. For now, you can go to the stream link and click "videos" on the right to watch them.

B Link

Smash Lord
Revan and his brother came with sextc from Ottawa. They stayed at the hotel where the tourney was held so he got to warm up a lot in the morning. He trains mostly with his brother and they are both pretty good. Not sure how old he is but he looks younger than 17 to me!

I have to give him his props for winning. He deserved the win today. But I have to mention that yesterday when I was able to warm up properly I 3/4 stocked him in bracket and won.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
i never get these

warm up johns

If you know warm up is a

game changer

why not

warm up......

Go mango.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
had an interesting time at my tournament debut....

realized tourney matches were nothing like friendlies, they required you know strategy and ****...
realized that defense > offense in tourney matches, by far
realized people hold the controller weird (left hand on the middle prong are you kidding me?)

there was a lot of down time which i'm not used to... I even had to wait a half hour to play one match because my opponent was playing back to back brawl matches.

I was really surprised how well my friend did (thebawse) considering how un-technical he is. he can z cancel and everything but doesn't di AT ALL and knows very few advanced moves. he just has a good defensive Kirby and it worked well for him.

but yeah, this tourney kind of inspired me to keep practising and if I play smarter I think I will do better next tourney, whichever one that may be.

SilentShottt

Smash Cadet
Haha Prisonchild I remember someone accidently taunting during a friendly and was baffled at how you 'accidently' manage that until I saw how they were holding the controller. Might have been you!

Florence

Smash Cadet
Revan and his brother came with sextc from Ottawa. They stayed at the hotel where the tourney was held so he got to warm up a lot in the morning. He trains mostly with his brother and they are both pretty good. Not sure how old he is but he looks younger than 17 to me!

I have to give him his props for winning. He deserved the win today. But I have to mention that yesterday when I was able to warm up properly I 3/4 stocked him in bracket and won.

(This is Revan by the way)

ggs man. I hope to be able to play you again soon when you're better warmed up.

Top Bottom