• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"immuNe" A Brawl Combo Video by roNic

napZzz

Smash Hero
looks like we're traveling back to the world of 2008 marth videos

average

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I thought it was pretty good, although it does get pretty boring watching Falco chaingrab for the 10 billionth time.

MBmoney

Smash Cadet
Alright, I'm gonna give some really in depth feedback here.

First off, you seem to be really knowledgeable when it comes to editing and whatnot because both your intro and credits were very flashy and well done. Good job on those; however, I feel like the intro ran way too long. I don't know if it was intentional to be a joke and make the intro drag on for almost a minute, or not, but it brings me to what I think is the biggest problem with the video.

A lot of things in here seemed to just, drag on. You need better trimming, especially at the ends of your clips. A lot of times you'd do a good combo, and then we'd watch you run around on stage for 4/5 seconds before it went to the next clip. Those few seconds take you out of it. A lot of your clips could have gone without a few seconds at the start and finish. That, in addition to the slow parts of the 1st song really make parts of this seem so sluggish.

As for the clips themselves, it was some good stuff. Pretty entertaining and I like the idea of showcasing your favorite moments that you have from the past few years (I did that myself just recently -*shameless advertising: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301471 *-). Keeping that in mind it's understandable why some of your stuff looks outdated. But yeah, overall the clips themselves were pretty entertaining and it's all offline so that's a plus too.

For your first video it's great (much better than my first video for sure). Work more on the trimming, pacing, and perhaps the song choice (I liked the songs but as I said earlier, parts of the first one seemed to make it kind of sluggish), and I think you'll have a great next video.

And lastly sadface that this has more replies in 1 day than my video in a week :(

basvhout

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'm gonna give some really in depth feedback here.

First off, you seem to be really knowledgeable when it comes to editing and whatnot because both your intro and credits were very flashy and well done. Good job on those; however, I feel like the intro ran way too long. I don't know if it was intentional to be a joke and make the intro drag on for almost a minute, or not, but it brings me to what I think is the biggest problem with the video.

A lot of things in here seemed to just, drag on. You need better trimming, especially at the ends of your clips. A lot of times you'd do a good combo, and then we'd watch you run around on stage for 4/5 seconds before it went to the next clip. Those few seconds take you out of it. A lot of your clips could have gone without a few seconds at the start and finish. That, in addition to the slow parts of the 1st song really make parts of this seem so sluggish.

As for the clips themselves, it was some good stuff. Pretty entertaining and I like the idea of showcasing your favorite moments that you have from the past few years (I did that myself just recently -*shameless advertising: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301471 *-). Keeping that in mind it's understandable why some of your stuff looks outdated. But yeah, overall the clips themselves were pretty entertaining and it's all offline so that's a plus too.

For your first video it's great (much better than my first video for sure). Work more on the trimming, pacing, and perhaps the song choice (I liked the songs but as I said earlier, parts of the first one seemed to make it kind of sluggish), and I think you'll have a great next video.

And lastly sadface that this has more replies in 1 day than my video in a week :(
thanks for the feedback. I made this vid really quick because im one hell of an impatient person i guess XD I saw it some of the flaws also, but about the footage its indeed from like 3 years. And I also just play tourney-style (to win) so I don't do al the flashy combo to SD **** cause I guess that's kinda 2011 style lately. and alot of techs in the vid weren't known back then so I just wanted to show some solid gameplay. And I made a big mistake of putting in same easyclips just to fill empty spaces.

thanks again :)

Top Bottom