• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm...working on something. Video's included.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Kick-*** discovery. Eh, why does Ness escape it? (he has a ****ty grab release animation)

Irsic

Smash Ace
Alright, now all we need is confirmations, and changes to the list. Right now pretty much all the characters that received minimal testing but received confirmation are in the Medium section. Upon further testing these characters will either be moved up to Good, or down to Trouble.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
can someone else test, he stays in range for me just fine... it is probably my burned copy but i'd like confirmation from another source.
did you test in group mode or training mode...training mode has a tendancy to screw with knockback and such :psycho:

Edit: i just tested ganon again to be sure. He does fall within range of dtilt

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
did you test in group mode or training mode...training mode has a tendancy to screw with knockback and such :psycho:

Edit: i just tested ganon again to be sure. He does fall within range of dtilt
tried group mode too, he still falls well within my range...

prOAPC

Smash Lord
ok, i tried it again vs the same MK and it worked. I tried it three times, only worked twice (using only one dtilt), the one i miss, MK was to far from dtilt. Looks like that this tech depends entirely on how the opponent is DIing.
vs another player, using Marth (not really good), i used 2 dtilts, he trips, but i used ftilt instead of fsmash. It was a short match, i have the replay if you want to watch it (i have the .bin file)
also, i was playing vs cpus, and cpu9 always powershielded the dtilt, but vs cpu3 worked on ROB, Marth, TL and Peach (don't know if this info really matter)

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
ok, i tried it again vs the same MK and it worked. I tried it three times, only worked twice (using only one dtilt), the one i miss, MK was to far from dtilt. Looks like that this tech depends entirely on how the opponent is DIing.
vs another player, using Marth (not really good), i used 2 dtilts, he trips, but i used ftilt instead of fsmash. It was a short match, i have the replay if you want to watch it (i have the .bin file)
also, i was playing vs cpus, and cpu9 always powershielded the dtilt, but vs cpu3 worked on ROB, Marth, TL and Peach (don't know if this info really matter)
id like to see that match if you dont mind

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
I knew it'd depend on DI. Here's my recommendation:

If your back is facing the edge, and you're close to the edge, your opponent is most likely going to be DIing Up + Away from the Ledge if they know what they're doing. That's when I recommend you down throw them to throw them off.

If you've recently killed them with a down throw, they will most likely be DIing down, so perform the grab-release, so they'll DI down and towards you and fall in range.

If you're feeling extra naughty and grab them facing the edge, just grab release, watch them fall, and Bair.

Irsic

Smash Ace
that's not a bad idea, some of the time they may just fall off the platform though.

apc do you think Metaknight should be moved to the medium section?

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Guys, it does indeed work on Marth. I've done it like 10ish times today against my friend-who's really good and consistantly two stocks my *** with Marth. It's kinda sad, actually.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I bet he was pissed. :D

I've heard about "Extra Inch DI" or EIDI on the Ness boards saying that there is a way to DI far enough out of range of Marth's grab release. If you have time to test with a Marth player, that would be fantastic.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
It's funny how breaking out of a person's grab is the worst option possible for so many characters. Makes you wish you could just sit in their hands and get tortured instead.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
i seem to be able to pull it off quite consistently against mario, but you have him in the never category
why is that?
like 3/4 tries it worked. maybe i need more testing though.
more people should test this. it's really good for getting kill starting from about 60%

Irsic

Smash Ace
I didn't do all the testing, Chaostheory did. I'll change him to the good catagory if it works that well.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I didn't do all the testing, Chaostheory did. I'll change him to the good catagory if it works that well.
the ony testing i did was in group mode just to see where they landed fom release grab (with absolutely no DI) never said what i put was final XD. was just a start

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
ya the first time i did it to my friends mario he was like WTF and i just laughed at him. idk if i have the replay somewhere.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Samus is easy as well. hmm... this makes me wonder if the ppl D3 can "infinite", excluding luigi, will land in perfect range.
mario...Samus... hmm let's go test DK and bowser. now to find a good DK lol.

Edit: wario lands in range
it seems to me if they DI away it works, well that's when it worked for me. if not it takes about 2 or 3 dtilts for him to trip depending on percentage. OH and it worked the one time i tried it on yoshi. still need to do more testing though. ike, ness, luigi and lucas = impossible

Edit 2: Link is easy as well.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
not sure if anybody knew this but while doing this to your opponent you dont have to wait until they grab release in order to press down for the down tilt. while you are pummeling your opponent keep tapping the attack button at a constant rate. If you are pressing it fast enough when you hold the control stick down you will not down throw them. This allows for the fastest down tilt out of grab release. Just make sure you are tapping the attack button at a fast and constant rate or whn you hold down you will accidentally down throw your opponent

Irsic

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, I do this already. If you aren't tapping A at the tight timing though you'll dthrow.

Irsic

Smash Ace
****ing a. Today I played Marth in a tournament and I got this to work. It was the winning hit to fsmash, but my nerves got to me and guess what I did? Dash attack. I ****ing dash attacked a tripped marth when he was at 120%. I ended up losing by rolling into a tippered fsmash, Marth at 156%. I was winning the entire time, and was about to end the match with this combo.

So upset.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
****ing a. Today I played Marth in a tournament and I got this to work. It was the winning hit to fsmash, but my nerves got to me and guess what I did? Dash attack. I ****ing dash attacked a tripped marth when he was at 120%. I ended up losing by rolling into a tippered fsmash, Marth at 156%. I was winning the entire time, and was about to end the match with this combo.

So upset.
that sucks balls >_< but hey...at least we finally figured something out to help with the marth matchup....since the time we found out about how well this works against marth ive used it to ko about 6 times XD

Noraa

Smash Lord
For the people that cant fall into the dtilt, shouldnt they be able to get hit by a f tilt?

Noraa

Smash Lord
I was just th8inking it would because it has more range than the dtilt and if so then it would more than likely be a real combo at any percentage.

*going by logic not testing, if some one will see that will be great

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I was just th8inking it would because it has more range than the dtilt and if so then it would more than likely be a real combo at any percentage.

*going by logic not testing, if some one will see that will be great
I tested all the "trouble" and "never" sections and the only ones who did not fall within range of foward tilt were ice climbers, luigi, and yoshi

please note this is without any DI but i dont see how that would help in any of these three cases. They all flew pretty far away during grab release

Noraa

Smash Lord
If those are the only 3 chars that cant be hit with ftilt then that means all the others can ALWAYS get hit with a follow up attack after the grab release whether it is dtilt or ftilt.

Of course the dtilt->stick is better but im sure we can find something for the ftilt to continue

Irsic

Smash Ace
Updated - Changed Pikachu to Good from Never section.

Had a few games against a Pikachu and I found that this actually worked quite well against Pikachu. It in fact made him trip pretty much every time. So a bunch of characters may still require further testing. If I get more testing in on Pikachu he could potentially become a green section.

I always able to pull this on a Marth on Saturday, offline. He's staying in green, it works perfectly against Marth.

Top Bottom