• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm...working on something. Video's included.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Ooooo Pink Fresh is super clever.

In response to Noraa I'll see what I can do about testing this stuff later on tonight or next week.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Ooooo Pink Fresh is super clever.

In response to Noraa I'll see what I can do about testing this stuff later on tonight or next week.
lol i wasn't trying to be mean or anything. it's just that this thread has been out for awhile and not many people test it, when it could turn out to be very beneficial to us as a community in the future.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
lol i wasn't trying to be mean or anything. it's just that this thread has been out for awhile and not many people test it, when it could turn out to be very beneficial to us as a community in the future.
ok great idea. lets all wait for somebody else to work on this....after all its for the good of the lucas meta game :bee::bee:

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
...?
huh? lol
i'm a little confused
are you saying that i shouldn't say anything, because i'm one of those people that wait for others to test things instead of test for themselves?

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
You know what? I'm not busy at all Friday-Sunday, I'll test out every character and provide a detailed listing of the success of ftilt after grab release, and the damage range that the combo works at on a character by character basis. It's about time I tried to contribute something for the lucas communtiy.

Edit: And if I can get my roommate to cooperate, I'll try and see how DI affects the combo. No guarantees on that one though.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
thanks! themrskills.
i'm always busy due to having 4 AP classes in the 11th grade. It's so stressful and i also have a Gf to manage. that's also why i don't get out to many tournaments

Edit: ohhhhh... nevermind chaostheoryx

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
Ok, then is just preliminary data, but it seems that the combo is yet to work on anyone. My roommate can always jump away out of the grab release; it looks like the grab release lag is actually longer on lucas than it is on the character that is released. I'm not done testing every character, but I'll post have some final results up sometime tonight. Of course, my results could off somehow, so don't just assume this to be right. Looks like Noraa is also testing, so we'll be able to compare results in the end.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
it looks like the grab release lag is actually longer on lucas than it is on the character that is released.
this

it only works if the opponent tries to use an attack slower than Lucas' dtilt. For example, i stopped doing it vs my friend's Marth, because that meant a side B combo in my face :) (the grab release ftilt work vs him :) )

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
Proapc quote(the quoter messed up somehow?)

it only works if the opponent tries to use an attack slower than Lucas' dtilt.

Slower than dtilt? You mean slower than ftilt right? If so, thanks, that helps a lot in explaining the combo.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i'm talking about dtilt
for example, you release marth, and he tries to fsmash you, but your dtilt (which is faster), stop his fsmash and may trip him
BUT, if he use his side B instead of fsmash, you get hit
what same happens with ftitl, but it has more priority than dtilt, so it can stop the dancing blades

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
i'm talking about dtilt
for example, you release marth, and he tries to fsmash you, but your dtilt (which is faster), stop his fsmash and may trip him
BUT, if he use his side B instead of fsmash, you get hit
what same happens with ftitl, but it has more priority than dtilt, so it can stop the dancing blades
wait huh...?
that doesn't make much sense.

if dtilt is faster than ftilt
and dtilt gets hit by dancing blades
then ftilt HAS to get hit by dancing blades as well
priority doesn't mean much here.
this is based off speed.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
sorry, my mistake, i'll explain it in a diferent way:
let's say that Lucas has 3 more frames than Marth after a grab release, so:
Lucas' dtilt (3 frames+3 frames from the release) vs Marth's Fsmash (9 frames) = Lucas wins
Lucas' dtilt (3 frames+3 frames from the release) vs Marth's Dsmash (6 frames) = Marth wins because of priority
Lucas' dtilt (3 frames+3 frames from the release) vs Marth's side B (4 frames) = Marth wins
and
Lucas' ftilt (6 frames+3 frames from the release) vs Marth's side B (9 frames) = both attacks colide
(not sure about Marth's frame data)

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget about extra inch DI and using both c-stick and directional stick at the same time. This combo just got busted.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
it was never meant to be a "true" combo. This was a way to catch people off gaurd and is a great way of racking up damage

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Let's not argue a moot point. There are no true combos in Brawl but I'm not going to say, "chain of moves that can be escaped from with proper technique that are meant to punish the opponent for not thinking."

I tried it, and it does work, but so does the Bair-Spike on unsuspecting newbies, yet in tourney...?

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
Everything is brawl is mostly subjective. Sure, if you tried using the combo several times in a match, you're going to get punished. Throwing it out there randomly after having dthrow--->utilt or dthrow-->uair a few times will probably net you a hit at least once. It's all about the mindgames.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I'm not entirely sure if EIDI actually works for all characters.

Of course this is subjective. Though I have had this work on several players, no not terribly stupid players, and I did get this to work on a Marth in a tournament, and he tripped. It's really just an unsuspecting way to follow up a grab release, especially since most people are pretty ignorant of Lucas' meta game a side the fact of Magnet pulling and Zap jumping.

heytallman

CTALL
So I was looking for this topic, just to find the list of characters this works on. But I saw Sonic, on the front page, is in the "never works" category. I did it to a friend who was using Sonic a few weeks ago. I have the replay still, but I'm probaly gonna be too lazy to put it up.

Luur3

Smash Journeyman
I'll definetly look into this. Might be handy for later

Wonder how this will effect our Marth and MK matchups?

Chuee

Smash Hero
I'll definetly look into this. Might be handy for later

Wonder how this will effect our Marth and MK matchups?
Probably wont effect the matchups that much. Might just give us a inescapable kill option.

Top Bottom