• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Im tired of facing players better then me

Sneether

Smash Cadet
Seriously, I am tired of facing tournament-caliber players of FG and getting embrassed by people who juggle me,spam side b depending on the character there using,etc, seriously stick to tournaments and private matchesand dont go into 1v1s on FG,I want to be facing people My Skill,not 13 Mew2Kings in a row.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I am tired of facing tournament-caliber players of FG and getting embrassed by people who juggle me,spam side b depending on the character there using,etc, seriously stick to tournaments and private matchesand dont go into 1v1s on FG,I want to be facing people My Skill,not 13 Mew2Kings in a row.
I almost wish they made a mode for players like you who just want to play For Fun...

Sneether

Smash Cadet
Double Posting Warning Received
I almost wish they made a mode for players like you who just want to play For Fun...
Well, For Glory should have had a ranking system where you face players your skill rather than completely random

Yeah, how dare you guys practice your skills in a mode dedicated to it!
Well they should not pick on players worse then them

"I'm a scrublord and don't want to learn how to get better."
Shut the hell up

Last edited by a moderator:

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
Funny because years ago I used to think I played tournament level players, then I realized thes people were just average skill and I was bad. Realizing this is the first step towards getting better.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Funny because years ago I used to think I played tournament level players, then I realized thes people were just average skill and I was bad. Realizing this is the first step towards getting better.
Yeah, we're all bad for the first few years (or indefinitely, if you're me).

Last edited:

Goulmania

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goulmania
Well I want to play against good people so get out of my for glory please! (and seriously I'm not all that good) =P

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
@ Sneether Sneether , have faith, smash-brother! I'm guessing you're pretty new to the game, eh? When I first started i COULD NOT beat my brother, no matter what characater he chose! We played Melee (it was 2003), and he was a fox main, and he could beat my best character (link at the time) with any character in the roster! It was humiliating! But then I practiced, and I practiced, and I practiced! I kept playing him and I kept loosing, and eventually each loss became on of a smaller and smaller stock difference between us. he went from 3 stocking me, to 2 stocking me, to only beating me by a 1 stock lead.

Then I kept practicing some more!

Soon after that, I started to notice all the little flaws in his strategy, and I could read what he was going to do before he did it! If you practice enough in this game, you get to a certain point where you see more, a lot like Neo in the matrix (no, seriously, it's a very similar effect). Soon enough you'll be crushing all those for glory fools!

@ Sneether Sneether , my real advice is to pick one or two (two at the absolute most) characters to really get good with, and to keep messing around with all the others. Go onto the character threads for your 1 or 2 mains, watch videos of skilled players using your character, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CuIesuU84A It's long, but VERY VERY HELPFUL if you are willing to put the time into practicing and listening to this guys advice.

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
Huh its not like this for me. My win ratio on for glory is at like 90% and I haven't been to any tournaments before.

Never_Midnight

Smash Rookie
Sure i get annoyed when i lose pretty bad, but then again, its a learning opportunity, save the replay look whereyou could have improved, where you ability dropped and learn, heck i played someone from a forum and got owned over and over again, he gav me tips and im learning from it.

Walk away a smarter player, not someone who gets a bit grumpy because they lose.

(if i fought someone who was a tournament player i would crap myself :p )

Gestalt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3583-1016-2706
Find people on your skill level and do more Friend Code matches, yo.

For Glory is for everybody

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ Sneether Sneether , have faith, smash-brother! I'm guessing you're pretty new to the game, eh? When I first started i COULD NOT beat my brother, no matter what characater he chose! We played Melee (it was 2003), and he was a fox main, and he could beat my best character (link at the time) with any character in the roster! It was humiliating! But then I practiced, and I practiced, and I practiced! I kept playing him and I kept loosing, and eventually each loss became on of a smaller and smaller stock difference between us. he went from 3 stocking me, to 2 stocking me, to only beating me by a 1 stock lead.

Then I kept practicing some more!

Soon after that, I started to notice all the little flaws in his strategy, and I could read what he was going to do before he did it! If you practice enough in this game, you get to a certain point where you see more, a lot like Neo in the matrix (no, seriously, it's a very similar effect). Soon enough you'll be crushing all those for glory fools!

@ Sneether Sneether , my real advice is to pick one or two (two at the absolute most) characters to really get good with, and to keep messing around with all the others. Go onto the character threads for your 1 or 2 mains, watch videos of skilled players using your character, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CuIesuU84A It's long, but VERY VERY HELPFUL if you are willing to put the time into practicing and listening to this guys advice.
I empathise with this word for word.

Well, except for the fact that my brother still annihilates me in friendlies, but hey, it's all a learning curve.

@ Sneether Sneether - It can be embarrassing to get bodied hard, I grant you that, and it seems like you're not actually learning anything at all. Getting juggled about the place and KO'd by a much better player doesn't seem like much of a learning experience at first.

But it is. And if you do actually focus on where you went wrong and why you're not playing as well as you could be, you will begin to improve. I consider myself to be a mediocre player at best. I have a long, long way to go before I'm comfortable with my skills. So keep at it. You'll get there eventually, @ Sneether Sneether !

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
Just looking for an excuse to bring up your win ratio?
No I was just commenting that almost no one on fg is tournament calber. The fact that i have a 90% win ratio without having gone to any tournaments before was to prove that. Honestly winning on fg isn't anything to brag about.

Firehyphen

Can wavedash in Sm4sh.
NNID
Firehyphen
as quote by me :
"sucks to suck" - Firehyphen © 2004 - 2015 all rights reserved

Top Bottom