• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm New to the Melee Scene…

Saurian_Flame

Smash Rookie
NNID
Saurian
3DS FC
3823-8895-0061
As stated in the title, I'm new to the Melee scene. I've watched my fair share of streams, compilation videos, and I even got the game myself very recently.

However, as most people start out, I am inexperienced in the competitive scene, lacking in the Smash lingo I hear in most stream commentaries. I've caught on with a few things, here and there, but I've yet to learn much, such as "DI" and "Tech".

My question is this: does anyone have a video(s), guide(s), or text(s) they could share with me so I could step up my Melee game? I would really appreciate it. Thanks, and Smash On.

yuuray

Smash Rookie
There's Cosmo's Melee Introduction, which I like a lot, and should give you an understanding of the more fundamental high level concepts and what makes them so powerfull. There's also this one which is like 8 years old by now but still holds up as an introduction. It's a bit more in depth than Cosmo's video. There's plenty of others but I feel like those two should be mandatory viewing for anyone getting into high level Melee.

Last edited:
Top Bottom